Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Last week, I had a chance to sit down with EA Sports and view the current build of NCAA Football 10. I also got a walkthrough of some of the new aspects of the game.

Based upon the walkthrough, it seems like customization is the name of the game with NCAA Football 10. Sure, the developers also want to fix some of the issues NCAA 09 had and improve the game on the field, but the theme of customization still stuck out most to me.

NCAA Football 10 Hands-Off First Impression

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Solidice @ 04/27/09 11:08 AM
I like these

Quote:
QB accuracy has been adjusted to make it a bit harder to complete passes.

When rushing the passer, you will now use the right stick to try and get around your blocker rather than the triggers or right/left buttons.

Tons of new animations have been added. You will see wide receivers slip on the wet turf, defenders try and force a fumble and players fight for the ball.

Playbooks have been completely revamped again.

# 2 asu666 @ 04/27/09 11:10 AM
The lack of the last few stadiums hurts. I wish they were in instead of an online trivia game and season showdown.

# 3 EvanRG @ 04/27/09 11:10 AM
Well done! Thank you for the read! I'm very excited about the online capabilities with the created teams and the fact that we get the Team Builder a month early is just FANTASTIC!

The gameplay changes seem like just enough to really help the game out -- I hope the running animations were smoothed out as well.

So some questions:
1. How was the deep ball in the game? Easily defended or beaten? Does the secondary seem to be more proactive or just reactionary?

2. As mentioned above, how did the running in the open field look?

3. When you say created teams can be used in online quick play, does that mean ranked games included?

Thanks a lot!

# 4 BlyGilmore @ 04/27/09 11:26 AM
Honestly I didn't get to see enough of the game play Evan to make much of a determination one way or the other - as NCAA is still a work in progress.

With that said, if spotlighting works, with better pursuit angles (which I did see) and a bit lower qb accuracy you should be able to clamp down on the passing game.

# 5 WolverinesFinest @ 04/27/09 11:26 AM
people are going to love the dynasty transfering from 09

# 6 MrDhWhat @ 04/27/09 11:28 AM
This is Very Exciting NEWS !

# 7 EvanRG @ 04/27/09 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
Honestly I didn't get to see enough of the game play Evan to make much of a determination one way or the other - as NCAA is still a work in progress.

With that said, if spotlighting works, with better pursuit angles (which I did see) and a bit lower qb accuracy you should be able to clamp down on the passing game.

Thanks for the response! I actually think I got what I wanted from another interview on this forum. The developer said that in all game modes, including online, the awareness of a DB will be more important this year and overall speed has been tuned down a bit to make a 99 and a 93 overall in speed closer together. They also said that DB's will be more apt to get to the ball if the AI begins to notice a pattern.

I think this years game will be stellar and I can't wait to lose my entire summer and fall when it comes out!

# 8 tyler289 @ 04/27/09 11:32 AM
Sounds pretty good.

# 9 renatus @ 04/27/09 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
wandering how that will work roster wise...

besides that, i´m getting more pumped up for thsi one each day...

improve the presentation, the deep ball and CPU playcalling AI ( no more option runs on 3rd and long please!!) and this might be a very very good game

# 10 rudyjuly2 @ 04/27/09 11:48 AM
Some great stuff in there. Love the R-stick DL moves making a return. NCAA has won me back over!!

Still waiting to hear more about the cpu QB AI. Can you comment on how well the cpu ran the ball?

# 11 BlyGilmore @ 04/27/09 11:54 AM
Just to clarify, moving the online dynasty over will take some elbow grease. You'll basically need to recreate the school via the Teambuilder and then create the roster from scratch.

But you'll have a month to do this before the game launches, and the Teambuilder does work in such a way that you can create real schools pretty easily.

# 12 BlyGilmore @ 04/27/09 11:57 AM
BTW on the team builder you have a ton of logos available to use off the bat. Not only what was formerly called D-IA, but also all of the D-IAA schools as well.

So you will see teams the DIAA teams being made and available for download.

Because you can create alternate versions of the existing schools, there's also the possibility of people creating classic team rosters as well. So in game, say a Notre Dame team from the 80s that somebody has created will look identical to the default Notre Dame.

# 13 mvb34 @ 04/27/09 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
So If I understand this correctly. We can start doing roster in 09 and then have them ready for 10?

# 14 BlyGilmore @ 04/27/09 12:06 PM
The team builder is going to release a month before NCAA 10 hits. So during that time you'll be able to manually recreate your team from NCAA 09 and then import it into a dynasty (online or otherwise) in NCAA 10 and continue from where you left off.

# 15 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/27/09 12:18 PM
The only thing in this blog that really kinds of makes me unhappy is the controls. You got to use your right stick now to get the QB now. WTF is with that crap EA I hope they gave us controller option to wheather we want use out stick are the old way which I am use to by the buttons. People always try to change crap that ain't broken. Using your stick. Gosh what a crappy idea. Some of you might find is nice. But I hate it. Like I said there better be a option for stick are button option. If not EA is down screw up this sale.

# 16 Scott @ 04/27/09 12:37 PM
Can someone post this for those of us who can't read it?

# 17 rudyjuly2 @ 04/27/09 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Can someone post this for those of us who can't read it?
Try this link Scott. It works on the osatwork site.

http://www.osatwork.com/BlyGilmore/b...t-impressions/

# 18 acts238shaun @ 04/27/09 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
The only thing in this blog that really kinds of makes me unhappy is the controls. You got to use your right stick now to get the QB now.
I love this option! It will makes it sooo much easier to get to the QB. I always play with the DT and will NCAA 09's poor animations and controller setup it was difficlut to get off a block. NCAA 09 was my favorite of the series (I've played since 1999) and if they fix the OL/DL issues, pass coverage and pursuit issues then this will probably be the best of the series. Throw in C-A-S and customer conferences and this game will be insane!

# 19 coach_ruckus @ 04/27/09 01:42 PM
Its about time they let us know who cheats online so we dont get caught in a bad game by the persons record

# 20 rollinphat @ 04/27/09 01:44 PM
does "- Playbooks have been completely revamped again." = custom playbooks?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.