Home
Madden 2010 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted the top 10 players by position in Madden NFL 10.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Glorious Arc @ 05/26/09 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Accuracy is more important than arm strenght. Jamarcus Russell can throw a ball through a brick wall, but he sucks because he also can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think they want to give him a huge arm so he can over throw the deep coverage with Moss. Indeed, this is not how they've played. They score big plays on UNDER thrown deep balls and cover-2 safety splits which Tom throws perfectly.

There really needs to be an emphasis on how well touch passers like Brady and Warner hit guys in full stride. That creates many more big plays than throwing giant 75 yard bombs.
I am in the camp that says Brady is overrated in his throw power. You are correct that he throws the deep ball well but that only means he is accurate. It doesnt mean he can out throw strength wise other QBs. Hope that clears up what I said earlier.

EDIT
People yell that Brady has better accuracy then Manning but Brady really is just better at the deep ball. If Brees has a 92 and Brady has an 88 then something tells me that is the best deep ball QBs right there. Brady's stats are lower because he was hurt and I think he is a bit more accurate in the short departments but nothing higher then Mannings if he comes back at full health. They just need to lower that throw power.

# 42 Big_Mig_11 @ 05/26/09 09:17 PM
Gore has the same "trucking" rating as Thomas Jones?!!!

...looks like P-Willie was downgraded from a 99 (frm the ratings blog) to a 98..

# 43 MelMan1486 @ 05/26/09 09:20 PM
overall pretty good ratings... some speed debate but good rankings

# 44 bigD_916 @ 05/26/09 09:20 PM
Yeah it also looks like they downgraded Gores rating to a 91, it was a 93 previously if i remember right. As for the trucking, Gore is far better at this then T. Jones..........

# 45 Jistic @ 05/26/09 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
There is no way in my mind that Thomas Jones is a top 10 back..And I really believe Olsen should be a top 10 TE
There's no GM in the league that would put him top 10. He did have a nice season last year, but he's not a top 10 back.

# 46 SoxFan01605 @ 05/26/09 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
Nmandi Aso is to fast for the toned down ratings, should be a 92 at the most.

Antonio Gates 85 speed Jason Witten 75 speed B.S. straight up.
I dunno. Witten isn't very fast at all. I think they got that right, actually. Gates is a more physically gifted athelete, while Witten is more complete. Seems represented well here.

I actually thought they goofed Romo a bit. I think his deep ball accuracy and awareness should be swapped (okay, maybe the deep ball accuracy shouldn't be that high...lol)

# 47 Sanchez_Mareno @ 05/26/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Brady is the ideal system QB in a system QB league. So from that measure, yes he is the best QB in the league.

Cassell proved that Brady's success is a product of Belicheck's system.
Cassel was nowhere near as good, especially early. Brady has proved through the years he doesnt need help. Years where Troy Brown(albeit a club legend but declining at the time) and Reche Caldwell etc were his weapons

# 48 nepatriotsfan @ 05/26/09 09:27 PM
Quote:
Manning is a more accomplished passer. Moss changed everything. Remember, Moss put Culpepper and a post-retirement Cunnigham in the Pro-Bowl. He's a QB maker.
dont forget that manning had marvin harrison his entire career

# 49 acts238shaun @ 05/26/09 09:28 PM
TO's CIT is too high for all of his drops, Jason Whitten is a tad too slow (78-80 IMO), Brady's THP must be switched with his TAS, Westbrook shouldn't have 99 agility and Polemalu and Patrick Willis have a lower play rec. than they should. Everything else seems ok.

# 50 Glorious Arc @ 05/26/09 09:31 PM
Quote:
Manning is a more accomplished passer. Moss changed everything. Remember, Moss put Culpepper and a post-retirement Cunnigham in the Pro-Bowl. He's a QB maker.
Still Brady has maintained a 60%+ accuracy before the Moss effect. I know part of this is because he is more elusive/mobile then manning.

You are right though. Manning almost has passed twice as much as Brady. I wonder how good Manning would be with Moss...

# 51 Glorious Arc @ 05/26/09 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatriotsfan
dont forget that manning had marvin harrison his entire career
You really did just prove his point. Harrison required you to throw accurately to him and thread the needle to get him the ball. He is amazing but he also had an amazing QB.

I could score 20 touchdowns in the NFL with Moss lol. Just throw the ball up in the general area and Moss will almost always outperform the DB for the ball.

# 52 marcoyk @ 05/26/09 09:36 PM
How does Larry Fitz have only 89 speed. He made a slant route into like a 40 yard TD run (I'm not sure about the exact distance of the run). 89?! And I don't really get the idea that Andre Johnson is that fast when watching him play. 94? Regardless I can't wait for this game. haha

# 53 Sanchez_Mareno @ 05/26/09 09:41 PM
Quote:
And he wasn't throwing for 4000 yards and 50 TDs back then either, now was he?

I remember a game where he had FIVE COMPLETIONS and won the game! Those were great TEAMS that Brady just had to keep out of trouble and on schedule. The kicker won all three AFC Championship games and all three Superbowls.

I'm not saying Brady sucked. Not at all. I'm just saying that he was not asked to do much during those Superbowl years other than manage the game, and didn't start blowing the doors off statistically until Moss arrived.
He was winning SB's.... thats all

# 54 Glorious Arc @ 05/26/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
He was winning SB's.... thats all
SBs mean nothing and they mean everything. Look at Moss highlights then look at Harrison highlights. Notice how often does Moss leave the ground in comparison to Harrison...Harrison did as good as he did because he had hands and could get open and finish. Manning gave him the ball in stride and basicly said hold out your hands and catch the ball. Moss did as good as he has because he is a freak who can catch. Moss didnt need good QBs to perform. He would make the play himself even if the ball wasnt near him.

Harrison

Moss

# 55 nepatriotsfan @ 05/26/09 09:52 PM
Quote:
His TEAM was winning Superbowls. His KICKER was winning Superbowls. Tom was along for the ride.
brady was the one who led them down in order to kick the winnin field goal. which wasnt the case when we beat the eagles maybe you guys should look it up

# 56 droopizzle34 @ 05/26/09 09:56 PM
Chris Johnson not a top 10 RB? Bo Scaife not a top 10 TE? Keith Bulluck not a defensive player rated 90+? Once again the Titans get no respect with Madden ratings.

# 57 daplayawitdafunk @ 05/26/09 09:58 PM
Roddy White is hella overrated. How is he better than Brandon Marshall and TO. I just dont see it.

# 58 JeriousNorwood @ 05/26/09 09:58 PM
Just some observations after watching these guys play last year:

Frank Gore's speed rating is too high. He's a great runner, but he couldn't break the big one because people would catch him from behind.

Being an Atlanta fan, Roddy White's catching ratings are extremely overrated. He still drops wide open passes.

# 59 SoxFan01605 @ 05/26/09 10:00 PM
Quote:
And he wasn't throwing for 4000 yards and 50 TDs back then either, now was he?

I remember a game where he had FIVE COMPLETIONS and won the game! Those were great TEAMS that Brady just had to keep out of trouble and on schedule. The kicker won all three AFC Championship games and all three Superbowls.

I'm not saying Brady sucked. Not at all. I'm just saying that he was not asked to do much during those Superbowl years other than manage the game, and didn't start blowing the doors off statistically until Moss arrived.
Partially true. I believe year two (his first full year as a starter, he lead the AFC (maybe the NFL in TDs). That's the thing with Brady. I agree he's vastly overrated NOW. BUT, he was vastly underrated then.

Brady was much more than a game manager (that's a label I'd be more inclined to give a guy like Rothlesburger), but I do agree with the notion that the defense and line play were bigger factors in their SB wins than Brady by himself.

EDIT: and as a side note, it always amuses me that every ratings thread seems to break into the great Brady debate...lol. I was just glad to see his ratings drop a bit (even though it was only a little) as he's coming off a big injury.

# 60 TreyIM2 @ 05/26/09 10:03 PM
I really cannot care one way or the other about the ratings - I was just diggin' the new pics. Damn, this game is looking SHWWWEEEETTT!! Damn near photo realistic if not so. Hopefully, the jaggies can be worked out of the PS3 version, this year cuz I KNOW all the pics shown thus far are from the 360.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.