Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog covering the strategy of Season Showdown. There is also a new video clip, right here.

Quote:
"It used to be that you could sit back, call the same play over and over again, and just "out athlete" your opponent. It used to be that you could hop around the playbook jumping from I Form, to Ace, to Shotgun without a care in the world for creating an offensive identity. And it used to be that you could know exactly what your opponent was going to know, know exactly how you would stop it, but didn't have a way to tell your players that that without a doubt the next play is going to be a run to the right, go shut it down.

Thankfully those days are behind us. With NCAA Football 10 strategy takes on a huge role with three new gameplay features that put the emphasis on out thinking your opponent instead of just out maneuvering him on the sticks. By gameplanning, setting up plays, and keying in on what you think the offense will be running you can affect the outcome of the game just based on your coaching decisions."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Dame @ 05/28/09 10:00 PM
I liked everything i read and seen in this blog.

# 22 J-Unit40 @ 05/28/09 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
They just mess everything up. Why would they give you a setup % that so kiddie it should happen but there shouldnt be a number on it.
I understand where you are coming from, but seriously, not everyone understands and loves the detail college football (or football in general) like most of us on this site. The %s are just a gauge for those who may not completely understand the value in playcalling and setting up plays and stringing together drives.

# 23 Kevin26385 @ 05/28/09 10:03 PM
Wow..This game looks a lot more like 07 then 09 in the visual category from far away..I dont like it at all

# 24 da ThRONe @ 05/28/09 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Give it a rest. Incompetent? How exactly is this fluff again? They were highlighting some of the strategic elements of the game you can choose to do. They really didn't even talk Season Showdown. Did you even watch the video or were you just too busy bashing on your soapbox?
I wasnt just taking about this blog I meant this whole off season process.

# 25 BallinVol @ 05/28/09 10:06 PM
I got to agree that the video was nice and all .... but we did already know about this aspect of the game .... I guess it is true that NCAA is the red headed step child compared to Madden ... even when it comes to blogs ... but ohh well ... nice video anyways .... but I'm sure I speak for a lot of peeps when I say .... let's talk new ... and I really mean new ... not those EA Sports "NEW FEATURES" kinda things ...

# 26 J-Unit40 @ 05/28/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Wow..This game looks a lot more like 07 then 09 in the visual category from far away..I dont like it at all
That's actually a complement for this game. NCAA 07 had dynamic lighting and more detail graphically.

I think it looks much better than '09.

Anyone notice the tweak in the QB dropback? See Terrelle Pryor. I think that looks much better than last year's Mach 4 awkward dropback from under center.

# 27 Kevin26385 @ 05/28/09 10:09 PM
Quote:
That's actually a complement for this game. NCAA 07 had dynamic lighting and more detail graphically.

I think it looks much better than '09.

Anyone notice the tweak in the QB dropback? See Terrelle Pryor. I think that looks much better than last year's Mach 4 awkward dropback from under center.
Not to me, I thought the players finally looked good in 09..They are too skinny right now in 10

# 28 SHO @ 05/28/09 10:10 PM
The game plan stuff is great, but I hate that they tied it to Season Showdown. It would have been a great addition by itself.

# 29 HokiesCavs @ 05/28/09 10:11 PM
I actually liked the video a lot. It didn't show us anything too new, but we got to see a little bit of gameplay and a wide range of teams.

The only thing I saw that I didn't like was the rankings. Alabama at #6 with 3 new offensive linemen and a new QB? Hmm...

# 30 boxtrev @ 05/28/09 10:13 PM
Did anyone else notice that Defensive Keys was in NCAA 09? They are just now taking the time to highlight it and act like it is a new feature. How lame is that!

# 31 coogrfan @ 05/28/09 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
The game plan stuff is great, but I hate that they tied it to Season Showdown. It would have been a great addition by itself.
It's not "tied" to anything-- even if you choose not to particpate in SS at all, the game planning and strategy elements will still be there.

Can't hardly wait to try it out.

# 32 Solidice @ 05/28/09 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Did anyone else notice that Defensive Keys was in NCAA 09? They are just now taking the time to highlight it and act like it is a new feature. How lame is that!
no, it wasn't. you could not guess run right, left, middle, pass or highlight a WR. there was a simple run/pass commit, but not Defensive Keys.

not sure what '09 game you were playing.

# 33 SHO @ 05/28/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
True. You could predict pass and run last year, but it was clunky and sometimes it would trigger accidentally making things a mess on defense. There were many times that my defense ended up playing for run on a pass play when I had no intention of even doing it. I do like they added it pre-snap. It really helps a lot.

# 34 Hova57 @ 05/28/09 10:30 PM
I think its cool as hell, i like the fact you can determine how u want other players on the team how to play. if cool just think about its the fourth quarter your down by five its raining and its 3 and 5 with 1:15 to go you set ur d to strip the ball they go for the strip don't get it the other breaks tackle for td. or you do get the strip but all of your defensive players are
tacklin for the strip.

damn i think thats hot

now only if they could link plays for d

# 35 giantirishfan @ 05/28/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's not "tied" to anything-- even if you choose not to particpate in SS at all, the game planning and strategy elements will still be there.

Can't hardly wait to try it out.

ok cougar fan i think you just answered my question. i was nervous that this whole setup play calling was just a SS thing. i am a big fan of this as i love to run the same run plays/styles to then set up the pass and i think this will only make me want to do it even more.

# 36 PRIMETIME21 3XS @ 05/28/09 10:35 PM
Looks beautiful to me!

# 37 adembroski @ 05/28/09 10:38 PM
Am I the only person here that thinks they should just model Russ and make him the Notre Dame mascot in the game? I met that dude in real life, and he puts my Irishness to shame.

# 38 Solidice @ 05/28/09 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
I really really really hope that this is a very early build of the game. If you follow college football closely and watch the Oklahoma State touchdown catch, there is a HUGE problem:

How in the h**l do you make Dez Bryant (#1 for Oklahoma State) WHITE?!?!?!

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-foot...ant_dez00.html

I could understand maybe getting the race wrong on a player on a small team, but we are talking about one of the best WR in the game. There is only one #1 on Oklahoma State's offense and it's him. To me, that is unbelievable.
I didn't see a white WR #1 on Oklahoma State in that video.

# 39 WINSTON11 @ 05/28/09 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiddy71323
I really really really hope that this is a very early build of the game. If you follow college football closely and watch the Oklahoma State touchdown catch, there is a HUGE problem:

How in the h**l do you make Dez Bryant (#1 for Oklahoma State) WHITE?!?!?!

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-foot...ant_dez00.html

I could understand maybe getting the race wrong on a player on a small team, but we are talking about one of the best WR in the game. There is only one #1 on Oklahoma State's offense and it's him. To me, that is unbelievable.

One last thing, those two don't look like they have played a lick of football lol. At least Ian has some potential that he could have
cause it's not dez bryant it's WR #1

# 40 superjames1992 @ 05/28/09 10:44 PM
Quote:
Side note: How about the ND vs. BC score? 65-56 with time to go in the 4th. LOL
It looked to me that they may have been playing on 15-minute quarters, though, so there may be nothing to fear.

Nice video! If they have implemented this right, this really could be a great feature. Setting up the defense for play-action and such has been something that has always been lacking in football games, so if this works right, then that will be awesome!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.