Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog covering the strategy of Season Showdown. There is also a new video clip, right here.

Quote:
"It used to be that you could sit back, call the same play over and over again, and just "out athlete" your opponent. It used to be that you could hop around the playbook jumping from I Form, to Ace, to Shotgun without a care in the world for creating an offensive identity. And it used to be that you could know exactly what your opponent was going to know, know exactly how you would stop it, but didn't have a way to tell your players that that without a doubt the next play is going to be a run to the right, go shut it down.

Thankfully those days are behind us. With NCAA Football 10 strategy takes on a huge role with three new gameplay features that put the emphasis on out thinking your opponent instead of just out maneuvering him on the sticks. By gameplanning, setting up plays, and keying in on what you think the offense will be running you can affect the outcome of the game just based on your coaching decisions."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 davep @ 05/29/09 12:06 AM
i like a lot of things in the video, but the turning on the dime thing has gotta go! it takes away so much of the fun and realism for me.

Too many waterbugs running around on the field!

# 82 Solidice @ 05/29/09 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
boo, hopefully we can turn this off because i dont wanna use this
you can just leave everything at balanced(pretty sure it will be set to that by default) and every thing will be "normal".

# 83 moylan1234 @ 05/29/09 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
boo, hopefully we can turn this off because i dont wanna use this
wha? why boo? you don't want to use strategy?

yah what solidice said

# 84 Happyvally74 @ 05/29/09 12:27 AM
On the ND TD run. Where the hell is the TE running at the end? He is straight lining it to the corner of the end zone before his spidey sense kicks and makes a 90 degree turn (without even looking) to pancake a safety. The WR who was in front as well decides it would be best to turn around towards the outside and run back to block a LB who had no chance of making a tackle. Not sure how Charlie is teaching ND how to block. Both of them should have their on a swivel looking for the inside defenders that are closing in on the tackle.

Other than that thought the video looked good.

# 85 BLACKjersey53 @ 05/29/09 12:33 AM
Ohio State #1 tries to grab his facemask with the ball still in his hand...

# 86 NFLHITMAN @ 05/29/09 12:44 AM
I like the SS and I also liked how the game play looked in this video compared to the recently released Madden 10 video. The WR making the over the shoulder catch looked a lot more realistic than it did in the Madden 10 video.

I think I am going to like this a lot more than Madden 10.

# 87 UtahUtes32 @ 05/29/09 01:04 AM
gameplay looks awesome

# 88 boritter @ 05/29/09 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
The problem with run commit as they have it on this game is that it's just really limited in terms of effectiveness. A lot of online players who do the kind of stuff that it's designed to stop (running speed options with a non-QB player in at QB) will do it to either side, so it would be too much of a gamble to try and commit. They really need to re-work the way that the run commit portion works. In reality, it should probably just be run commit and pass commit, rather than having run left, mid, and right. Really, all that I want run commit to do is make it so that my LBs and Safeties play the run aggressively (i.e. creep up, and attack the run gaps on any run action).
My thoughts exactly. Good idea, poor implementation.

# 89 zoltan @ 05/29/09 02:01 AM
ha HA 100th post

also i liked the video alot... alot of good stuff in there.... hopefully playbooks have been totally redone!!

also what if you run the zone read and your opponent chooses run right, but you keep it and go to the left. are you gonna be able to read the defense if its does that, or is it more or less luck with the read again this year???

i think the whole choosing side is going to be alot of fun with the spread option.. gonna rick some people this year! and now finally i can stop my brother from running the HB screen every play!

# 90 7unholyconfessions7 @ 05/29/09 02:29 AM
the stripping the ball option scares me. it seems like anyone would pick the aggressive option here because most games come down to who gets lucky with the most forced fumbles. it wouldn't be too bad if the negative to this selection was missed tackles, but it is instead a simple penalty. This penalty is nothing to worry about though because everyone can drive the field on offense; games just come down to who can hold who to just a field goal.

# 91 Pokes404 @ 05/29/09 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
the stripping the ball option scares me. it seems like anyone would pick the aggressive option here because most games come down to who gets lucky with the most forced fumbles. it wouldn't be too bad if the negative to this selection was missed tackles, but it is instead a simple penalty. This penalty is nothing to worry about though because everyone can drive the field on offense; games just come down to who can hold who to just a field goal.
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think missed tackles are also a negative for picking the "aggressive" ball strip option. It seems like I heard somewhere that when your defenders are trying to get turnovers they won't wrap up the ball carrier and are more likely to miss the tackle. Don't hold me to that though. I sure hope this is how it works.

# 92 7unholyconfessions7 @ 05/29/09 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think missed tackles are also a negative for picking the "aggressive" ball strip option. It seems like I heard somewhere that when your defenders are trying to get turnovers they won't wrap up the ball carrier and are more likely to miss the tackle. Don't hold me to that though. I sure hope this is how it works.
yeah if this is the case then all will be well.

# 93 NFLHITMAN @ 05/29/09 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
If your so concerned with it than choose Conservative approach. Thats why there are options. I find it funny that people want to be able to use 500 different moves and not be concerned about losing the ball LOL. In real football once tacklers are on you or you see a tackler coming your taught to put the ball away with both hands and secure it, not go crazy trying to make more moves to break free. Why do you think they are taught to put the ball away with 2 hands???

# 94 boisejames @ 05/29/09 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Check out the shot of Autzen stadium. Are those Bronco fans I see at the far end?

I love your sig btw.
Nah I think that's Oregon State because there's a little black and no Blue.

It is by far the best quote from a play by play commentator in sports history! haha

# 95 marcoyk @ 05/29/09 07:23 AM
oh my god the Cal running back was FLYING around twitching from direction to direction. very upset to see that even though i knew it was coming from previous videos. PLEASE get momentum next year.

# 96 marcoyk @ 05/29/09 07:30 AM
*at the goal line

# 97 Saints21 @ 05/29/09 08:40 AM
Hey didint anyone notice that we may hace accelerated clock ?? in the menu there is an option called "chew clock"!!

# 98 LtClaybon @ 05/29/09 08:46 AM
The tone of the blog was actually funny to me...Lines like this

Quote:
If you are the type of guy that likes to press all of the time, you're now going to be the type of guy that also likes to chase a receiver down after they got past your DB and got hit wide open on a streak.
As if it's our fault that EA made a specific style of gameplay superior to all other styles...The guys that press all the time are just going to turn into "The guys who do X all the time because that's what works

# 99 rudyjuly2 @ 05/29/09 09:02 AM
Blog was good although we knew quite a bit of it. I really like how they said the cpu WILL go deep on us. I personally like the simpler gameplay strategy adjustments the keys allow. I think football video games have gotten a little too complicated with all the hot routes and everything. I just hope the keys and strategy changes aren't overdone, ie. overshadow actual player ratings.

I can't see the video at work so I'll have to check it out at home tonight.

# 100 kmp714 @ 05/29/09 09:05 AM
Probably not, but do you guys think that we will be able to turn off the linked plays? It is good for novice football minds, but I play a lot of h2h on the same console and I would rather not have that show up on my playbook. I know football enough to know what play sets up what.

Anyway

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.