Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Just announced on Spike TV. Another online feature will be revealed at E3. For those of you that missed it, check out the video right here.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 texbuk84 @ 05/29/09 03:13 PM
will be hot. can't wait for this though

# 122 MelMan1486 @ 05/29/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Exactly bro...

The fun factor would increase 10 fold if we could go 2 vs 2 against each other.

100% agree... I think for me my ideal player v player would be 4v4. Just imagine calling play with a power I formation and hearing the 4 guys on defense calling to watch the run or play action... that would be FUN!

# 123 kcq71 @ 05/29/09 03:27 PM
How can you not like this? .Please be 4 on 4 Will be just like playing my old position back in the day at school.Cannot wait to get online with a few Redskin buddies and we play the Eagles Giants and the Cowboys Steelers! Nothing would be more satisfying than to WHIP a Steeler fan

# 124 Outkizast @ 05/29/09 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcq71
How can you not like this? .Please be 4 on 4 Will be just like playing my old position back in the day at school.Cannot wait to get online with a few Redskin buddies and we play the Eagles Giants and the Cowboys Steelers! Nothing would be more satisfying than to WHIP a Steeler fan
I dont think they mentioned you could control the water boy... ? haha jp but i think they said it's only vs the computer and only with 2 people... sounds like they decided not to go all out on a feature again... (IE: online LEAGUES last year).... but oh well to each his own.. i'll be playing offline (and online? ) Franchise..

# 125 Papi34 @ 05/29/09 03:38 PM
Me and a mate used to play co-op a lot in Madden 2000 on the PS1, was great fun. It's not a deal breaker for me but it's definitely one of the better "features" that's been added in recent years. For me at least.

# 126 TDKing @ 05/29/09 03:43 PM
I call steady quarterback !

# 127 steelers1216 @ 05/29/09 05:02 PM
ONLINE FRANCHISE CONFIRMED!

WATCH THIS VIDEO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i8UfXnh0Yk

skip to the 1:15 mark

# 128 djordan @ 05/29/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1216
ONLINE FRANCHISE CONFIRMED!

WATCH THIS VIDEO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i8UfXnh0Yk

skip to the 1:15 mark
Already posted.........

# 129 steelers1216 @ 05/29/09 05:29 PM
oh, sorry bout' that

i think the game looks almost perfect, just needs some tweaking in some areas (smoother cuts, faster forming pocket, etc.)

ian did say that he made alot of improvements in 2 weeks, which was when this video was made, so i hope for the best. and people are saying that the gameplay looked good on the spike t.v. showing, i didn't like it at all, especially the way knowshon moreno was running, he looked slow and just weird. we will see august 14th, can't wait!

# 130 Tigerman23 @ 05/30/09 12:26 AM
I hope they bring online co-op to NCAA '10 as well.

# 131 jyoung @ 05/30/09 02:00 AM
This is the right idea but man does the execution fail.

2 players only?

That's pretty weak considering that EA's NBA, NHL and FIFA games all let you to field the maximum amount of human players that the sport allows.

To have this co-op mode limited to only playing against the computer is even worse.

Oh well, maybe we will finally get some 11 vs. 11 going next year.

# 132 SouthernBrick @ 05/30/09 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
This is the right idea but man does the execution fail.

2 players only?

That's pretty weak considering that EA's NBA, NHL and FIFA games all let you to field the maximum amount of human players that the sport allows.

To have this co-op mode limited to only playing against the computer is even worse.

Oh well, maybe we will finally get some 11 vs. 11 going next year.
They probably just want to test it out and see how many people actually use this feature and if enough people use it they can bump it up. I think they should have started out 4v4 but imagine if there was 11v11 and 5 out of the 22 people playing had a bad connection.

Doesn't sound to good. I think its a good marketing strategy to start out small and work your way up to 11v11 co-op.

# 133 MrStray72 @ 05/30/09 05:08 AM
LOL, Ian let the cat out of the bag early. Guess we know who to NOT tell about any suprise birthday parties...

Co-op vs. CPU = nah
Online franchise = heall yeah!

# 134 the drewster @ 05/30/09 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Is it confirmed that it's 2 vs. 2 in Online Coop, or is it 2 vs. CPU only? Couldn't tell from the videos.

I'm glad about this because I'm generally better than a lot of my friends who play Madden, so it's not as much fun to play against each other because I either have to go easy on them or they get beat up on.
i think its 2 vs 2 online

# 135 Mr. Franchise @ 05/30/09 12:43 PM
Do people actually care about crap like this? I'm glad EA could fix the REAL problems like co-op. Because the AI needs no fixing at all /sarcasm.

# 136 Soonerd2 @ 05/30/09 02:43 PM
Just a thought I had... If I do an online franchise co-op will my teammate have access to all of the franchise data? Team and National news, trades, etc... ?

# 137 jyoung @ 05/30/09 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00T
Do people actually care about crap like this? I'm glad EA could fix the REAL problems like co-op. Because the AI needs no fixing at all /sarcasm.
If co-op was being fully utilized (11 vs. 11), we wouldn't have to worry about AI at all.

If you don't think online co-op is a great feature, you clearly haven't played the online team play in FIFA or NHL.

Sure, the implementation in this game is weak, but maybe it's something they can expand next year.

# 138 TDKing @ 05/30/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
If co-op was being fully utilized (11 vs. 11), we wouldn't have to worry about AI at all.

If you don't think online co-op is a great feature, you clearly haven't played the online team play in FIFA or NHL.

Sure, the implementation in this game is weak, but maybe it's something they can expand next year.
wow... Football is way different than Hockey and Soccer

# 139 murdaman68 @ 05/30/09 07:20 PM
was it just me or did ian say something about online franchise at the 1:40 mark

# 140 droopizzle34 @ 05/30/09 07:27 PM
Yeah gameplay better matter even with online co op,cause all you're gonna see is people being the QB sprinting back 30 yards,and their friend being a WR and going on streaks and trying to rocket catch every pass. or trying to find glitches to use.
so gameplay ties into online co op as well....or its gonna be like ranked games...ONLINE CHEESING ALL DAY.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.