Home
Madden 2010 News Post

We'll be posting quite a few videos from E3 tonight and through the weekend. Here is part 1 of about 7 clips of Madden NFL 10, featuring the Eagles @ Cowboys. Can anyone say AI deep ball? I knew you could.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Checmate101 @ 06/05/09 08:31 PM
Love what I saw there.. the deep ball was nice. Like how Jones gathered himself to catch the ball.

Glad this game already have my 60

# 2 skudplayr @ 06/05/09 08:33 PM
Looks nice. The whole "This is his 7th year in the league" thing still looks goofy but not a big deal.

Hopefully the QB throws the ball deep more this year...That was perhaps the most annoying part of 09. :03 left in the game, CPU down by 5 at midfield and they throw a 5 yard in instead of going for the hail mary.

# 3 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 06/05/09 08:33 PM
A catch in stride?! a beautiful one at that?...I cant breath.

# 4 Scott @ 06/05/09 08:34 PM
Can anyone embed this?

# 5 deltroy @ 06/05/09 08:37 PM
Ok wow is all I gotta say, I saw alot in this video that really impressed me the fact that the computer went deep is one and how you can now catch them long balls on stride and that stretch animation to make the grab at the end was just priceless I am blown away, Madden 10 is looking fantastic!! Great video thanks for posting.

# 6 cowboyscowboys @ 06/05/09 08:38 PM
Wow that catch animation looked exactly like something Terry Glenn would do. Little unrealistic for most RB's to have that kind of ability to locate a ball like that but heck that is a wicked animation.

# 7 skudplayr @ 06/05/09 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
Wow that catch animation looked exactly like something Terry Glenn would do. Little unrealistic for most RB's to have that kind of ability to locate a ball like that but heck that is a wicked animation.
Yeah, but being a Cowboys fan (and myself being an Eagles fan) you know Felix can catch the ball...so it's not too unrealistic for him to be able to do it.

# 8 I Peench @ 06/05/09 08:45 PM
Looks fantastic. Love the catch.

# 9 bison160 @ 06/05/09 08:45 PM
Hmm, thanks for the vids!

Hope its not a widespread issue where Barber becomes invisable after the play action. The defend just warps right through him. There should at least be a collision even if he doesnt put a block on him.

Also dont really like the way jones bends so un-naturally sideways to make the grab, but its not really that big of a deal. Its only the second time ive seen it in video's. the other was the reveal trailer.

# 10 T9R @ 06/05/09 08:49 PM
That first play was beautiful. Off of playaction there's instant heat on Romo. Where roboQB would kick in last year Romo instead throws a wounded duck as he's hit that falls harmlessly incomplete

# 11 skudplayr @ 06/05/09 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcrb28
Can't see the video so can someone put it on YouTube. How is the pocket tho? And does the d line get any kind of pass rush?
Well, the user was playing defense, and he got some pressure on 1st down that caused an incomplete pass. Then, on 2nd down with Juqua Parker he got to the QB but Romo got the ball off before he got to him to complete it to Barber for a short gain.

# 12 ChaseB @ 06/05/09 08:53 PM
Check your pop-up blocker.

# 13 samfan8890 @ 06/05/09 08:55 PM
Just some lil things:

1. Love how Tony sidestepped in the pocket to aviod the uncoming rush.
2. When he threw the deep ball, the motion looked exactly like how Romo actually throws.
3. Dont know if we already knew this, but the Brandon Jacobs helmet is in the game, as Felix Jones is wearing it, which is pretty sweet too.

# 14 Jistic @ 06/05/09 09:00 PM
The game looks great, presentation still the weak point though.

I would rather have tons of regular stat overlays then the "fun facts" popping up every play. Also after a big play would like to see some emotion, but overall the game is SO much better looking than last year.

# 15 cowboyscowboys @ 06/05/09 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Yeah, but being a Cowboys fan (and myself being an Eagles fan) you know Felix can catch the ball...so it's not too unrealistic for him to be able to do it.
Ya I know he is supposed to be a pretty talented pass catcher, although we did not use him in the pass game last year. I am just saying level of difficulty locating and catching that ball is 100%. Also don't get me wrong I love the animation and cant wait to make a throw and catch like that in Madden 10 for myself.

# 16 cowboyscowboys @ 06/05/09 09:10 PM
After watching the video again, I thought the man coverage was good in the video. On the play to Barber where he gets a 2 yard gain everybody is covered well. Then on the play to Jones there are to 10 yard hooks by the outside WR's and both CB's undercut the routes and would have been Int's if Romo try's to force it.

Mind you the CB's are Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel to of the best CB's in the game.

# 17 skudplayr @ 06/05/09 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
After watching the video again, I thought the man coverage was good in the video. On the play to Barber where he gets a 2 yard gain everybody is covered well. Then on the play to Jones there are to 10 yard hooks by the outside WR's and both CB's undercut the routes and would have been Int's if Romo try's to force it.

Mind you the CB's are Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel to of the best CB's in the game.
Well, let's hope that Corners can intercept the ball this year. Last year I felt like the only guys that picked me off were linebackers...and most of the time they jumped 40 feet in the air from five yards in front of me to intercept a bullet pass intended for DeSean Jackson 20 yards down field.

# 18 cowboyscowboys @ 06/05/09 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Well, let's hope that Corners can intercept the ball this year. Last year I felt like the only guys that picked me off were linebackers...and most of the time they jumped 40 feet in the air from five yards in front of me to intercept a bullet pass intended for DeSean Jackson 20 yards down field.
oh gosh tell me about it today I played a game and I have Witten on a deep post. he gets bumped by P.Willis I wait he gets 6-7 yards beyond him I have a nice lane to deliver the ball... throw and super LB flips his hips like an All-Pro CB jumps 48 inches and snags the ball with his finger tips. Just pissed me off because I hate trying to play to beat the CPU. I like to pick them apart and when you make a good read you want to get payed off. Instead I guess I will revert back to dump offs and flat passes all game and win 100% of the time.

# 19 Checmate101 @ 06/05/09 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
great!!!!! when is the next movie lol........keep them coming OS

lol..I know right

# 20 will12203 @ 06/05/09 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltroy
Ok wow is all I gotta say, I saw alot in this video that really impressed me the fact that the computer went deep is one and how you can now catch them long balls on stride and that stretch animation to make the grab at the end was just priceless I am blown away, Madden 10 is looking fantastic!! Great video thanks for posting.

I second that

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.