Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 rudyjuly2 @ 06/27/09 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce
Did last year's patch actually affect the sliders on NCAA '09? I know some people swore they did, but I think it was just placebo effect because I did not see a difference.
The patch didn't make the sliders more effective but just fixed the cpu side. Last year's version had it so the human sliders affected BOTH the human and cpu. The cpu sliders did nothing. After the patch the human sliders only affected the human players and the cpu sliders only affected the cpu. But they were still far too weak as the patch did nothing for that.

# 202 CD6405 @ 07/12/09 06:40 PM
Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead, but it seemed the most suitable for my question.

With the roster fix being uploaded hopefully July 14th, is this roster fixing other things besides adding freshmen?

I can tell that the current roster is just from last year and just moved players to correct positions...which it really killed some player.

Eric Norwood #40 OLB SC Gamecocks, he was DE last year at 90 ovr, dropped to 81 ovr this year being moved to OLB (although he's all-sec, preseason all-american etc.)

I know that one doesn't seem obvious...but the next is.

Chris Culliver FS #17 he was a WR on last year's game, around 80 ovr. This year he is listed at FS....but 40 ovr. That's not right, considering he's the starter and the backups are rated higher. There are more players like this, and I know probably on other teams also.

Will these issues like these be fixed in the roster download, or just adding more players?

# 203 19 @ 07/12/09 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD6405
Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead, but it seemed the most suitable for my question.

With the roster fix being uploaded hopefully July 14th, is this roster fixing other things besides adding freshmen?

I can tell that the current roster is just from last year and just moved players to correct positions...which it really killed some player.

Eric Norwood #40 OLB SC Gamecocks, he was DE last year at 90 ovr, dropped to 81 ovr this year being moved to OLB (although he's all-sec, preseason all-american etc.)

I know that one doesn't seem obvious...but the next is.

Chris Culliver FS #17 he was a WR on last year's game, around 80 ovr. This year he is listed at FS....but 40 ovr. That's not right, considering he's the starter and the backups are rated higher. There are more players like this, and I know probably on other teams also.

Will these issues like these be fixed in the roster download, or just adding more players?
Who knows what's going to be fixed. I guess it depends on where they got the rosters from for the new file.

# 204 hobley80 @ 07/12/09 10:26 PM
so WHATS THE GAMER Tag u use to download the new rosters from ea locker

# 205 mmorg @ 07/12/09 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobley80
so WHATS THE GAMER Tag u use to download the new rosters from ea locker
We don't know yet.

# 206 wisecav @ 07/12/09 10:32 PM
Adam said not to worry. That'll we know it when it's good and ready.

# 207 IkeV @ 07/14/09 09:23 AM
So, today is launch day. What is the status of the patch?

# 208 mcwups1 @ 07/14/09 11:04 AM
I'm curious about the "sliders". Why do people want/need the sliders? What good are the players ratings, if you can just use a slider to manipulate the play?

There shouldn't be ANY sliders. The game should reflect the players ratings...nothing more, nothing less.

# 209 Zalf @ 07/14/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwups1
I'm curious about the "sliders". Why do people want/need the sliders? What good are the players ratings, if you can just use a slider to manipulate the play?

There shouldn't be ANY sliders. The game should reflect the players ratings...nothing more, nothing less.
Because if an issue pops up like too little pressure on the QB it is a whole lot faster to change one slider then every single defensive/offensive player to create more pass rush. Same goes for all of the issues.

Sliders let you balance to the game to each individual game player. I am much better at the running game than the passing game. If I want a sim experience I have to toughen up the running game while easing up the passing game.

There should most definitely be sliders. And preferably sliders that actually work.

# 210 bigdfan76 @ 07/14/09 03:29 PM
Game looks good to me so far. I'm struggling on D but... Anyway, not sure if I "need' a patch but it would be nice to make sure everything is tuned right or at least I can tune it if I run into problems. So when can we expect the patch. Last I heard anywhere from 1-3 weeks. Could we get some confirmation that MS and SONY have it? Cause if that's the case it could be anytime now.

# 211 marcoyk @ 07/14/09 04:01 PM
Quote:

...? Are you serious?

# 212 mcwups1 @ 07/15/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
...? Are you serious?
Dead serious.

The players are given ratings for a reason. Using sliders negates those ratings to the users favor. If you suck at calling plays, it's okay, just change the sliders.

I guess I could understand a kindergartner, or toddler needing them, but not an adult.

Sliders manipulate the game. Theoretically, you could take a team like E. Michigan, and turn them into So Cal. I guess that's the "reasoning".

To me, it's a waste.

Oh, and another thing.....get rid of the difficulty levels. This is just as bad as the sliders.

# 213 Hoops737 @ 07/15/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Dead serious.

The players are given ratings for a reason. Using sliders negates those ratings to the users favor. If you suck at calling plays, it's okay, just change the sliders.

I guess I could understand a kindergartner, or toddler needing them, but not an adult.

Sliders manipulate the game. Theoretically, you could take a team like E. Michigan, and turn them into So Cal. I guess that's the "reasoning".

To me, it's a waste.

Oh, and another thing.....get rid of the difficulty levels. This is just as bad as the sliders.
LMAO!

# 214 coogrfan @ 07/15/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Dead serious.

To me, it's a waste.

God, I love this time of year ...

So who wants to take a crack at this one?

# 215 jfsolo @ 07/15/09 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
God, I love this time of year ...

So who wants to take a crack at this one?

These are the kind of guys that you just go click, click, click, Ignore on, because there is just no point arguing with that kind of thought process.

# 216 ennepetal @ 07/15/09 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
These are the kind of guys that you just go click, click, click, Ignore on, because there is just no point arguing with that kind of thought process.
Well said.

# 217 Tweeg @ 07/15/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Right on.

# 218 JAYMO76 @ 07/15/09 06:55 PM
Quote:
Dead serious.

To me, it's a waste.

Yeah that no sliders thing worked out really well for Madden last year... good times. There is just so much wrong with this statement I don't even know where to begin. ...

# 219 mudman @ 07/15/09 07:56 PM
Quote:
Dead serious.

To me, it's a waste.

You're wrong, and here's why.

Sliders and difficulty levels exist for one reason and one reason only and that is because not everyone is the same. No two people play the same.

Difficulty levels are very general and then sliders fine tune from there.

By saying that there shouldn't be sliders or difficulty levels then you are basically saying that everyone (all 1.5 million+ of us) should be playing at the exact same level.

It only takes a few brain cells to realize how ridiculous that is.

Some people are better at running the ball than others. So, to get a realistic experience those that aren't so good can raise/lower a slider or two so they can get a realistic experience out of the game.

I fail to see what's so hard about this simple concept. Each individual person wants to play the game their way....difficulty levels + working sliders give us that ability for the most part.

# 220 valaser @ 07/15/09 08:32 PM
So the disc contains a beta again? The full version will be released at the start of the college football season, but only for those that have their consoles on the net, right? FYI I'm online, but what about those that aren't? Oh, and I need a NEW copy of the game AND online access to use a feature that is advertised on the box?

Oh well, I'm sure you'll just blame poor sales on the economy and the game re-sale industry.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.