Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

The NCAA Football 10 Facebook page has posted 120 stadium screenshots.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 olemiss86 @ 06/26/09 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I think its funny that they'd post the stadiums that are generic

i know.

# 2 moylan1234 @ 06/26/09 03:03 AM
which ones are generic again? I know Minnesota and SJ State but I forgot the others

# 3 Solidice @ 06/26/09 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
which ones are generic again?
San Jose State, Rice, Miami(OH), Minnesota, Western Kentucky, and Kent State.

# 4 moylan1234 @ 06/26/09 03:08 AM
thanks, so Rice and SJSU are both the Pro Style generic that's in teambuilder, but they're just showing them from different angles right?

# 5 BigDuke @ 06/26/09 07:21 AM
There are still generic stadiums in this game?

# 6 coogrfan @ 06/26/09 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
There are still generic stadiums in this game?
SJSU has been waffling about building a new stadium for years, but it now appears to be a dead issue. I seem to remember Adam saying that they don't want to waste time on a stadium only to have to turn around and re-do it the next year. Now that it appears that a new stadium isn't happening maybe EA will just include the current one and be done with it.

The generic pro style stadium in the game basically is Rice Stadium (note that the fields in these pictures are old, the screenshot above is correct):

Minnesota has a new stadium outdoor opening this season, but it wasn't finished in time for the NCAA team to get detailed photos of the completed structure. The generic bowl is a one year stand in.

As for the rest, I guess EA just hates the MAC.

# 7 mjussawalla @ 06/26/09 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
And 6 bowl stadiums.

A few bowl stadiums are MLB parks and thus need separate licensing agreements - may not happen. I hope the team, just makes rough estimates of these stadiums at the very least for NCAA 11

# 8 Tovarich @ 06/26/09 12:11 PM
They should be adding the Independence Bowl stadium in soon because when South Alabama joins 1-A in a few seasons, that's the stadium they'll be playing in.

I too am baffled at the generic stadiums though because they have the Denver Broncos stadium...Invesco? and there is only 1 game a season in that stadium, and they don't even play in that stadium every year necessarily. Yet Rice, San Jose State and a few other teams are still left in generic stadiums. The priority list with stadiums is horribly off IMO.

# 9 mjussawalla @ 06/26/09 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
Darn... looks like the new endzone art didn't make it into Husky Stadium. Place looks perfect other than that though.

So I guess based on what you guys are saying there isn't much of a chance of seeing Pac Bell in the game for the Emerald Bowl any time soon?
Probably not. But I am hoping Adam can make a replica stadium which does not infringe on any rights.

# 10 mjussawalla @ 06/26/09 01:45 PM
Quote:
I think Adam said that baseball stadiums getting in weren't licensing issues with the MLB, its just that most aren't 20 years old so they aren't public domains, and they would have to pay the stadiums (not the MLB) individually to get em in. I'm sure the MLB stadiums drive up the price of licensing since they aren't like college stadiums where they would want to get the stadium in the game for the fans, the MLB stadiums just want money.
Yes, you are correct about the 20 year thing.

Rogers Centre turns 20 this year, so we should be getting that at least - hopefully.

# 11 sccavs64 @ 06/26/09 01:48 PM
i created jmu in teambuilder and im using southern miss as the stadium replica. in the screenshot it shows an inflatable southern miss helmet right in front of the locker room. will this be taken out for my team?

# 12 OMT @ 06/26/09 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
They should be adding the Independence Bowl stadium in soon because when South Alabama joins 1-A in a few seasons, that's the stadium they'll be playing in.

I too am baffled at the generic stadiums though because they have the Denver Broncos stadium...Invesco? and there is only 1 game a season in that stadium, and they don't even play in that stadium every year necessarily. Yet Rice, San Jose State and a few other teams are still left in generic stadiums. The priority list with stadiums is horribly off IMO.
See bolded part. This is what we call a "Madden Conversion." We change the logos around the stadium, change the field art, change the lighting to match NCAA, and update the DB. It is the equivalent of doing 1/8 of a stadium from scratch.

I think our priority system has been pretty good. Sometimes a stadium will get done out of priority because it will take less time and we can squeeze it in budget (as opposed to the next in line which wouldn't fit). The one exception was Akron's stadium being in NCAA 07. Not sure what happened there... maybe an overzealous artist who was starting at the beginning of the alphabet before a priority list was made?

# 13 OMT @ 06/26/09 01:53 PM
Quote:
I think Adam said that baseball stadiums getting in weren't licensing issues with the MLB, its just that most aren't 20 years old so they aren't public domains, and they would have to pay the stadiums (not the MLB) individually to get em in. I'm sure the MLB stadiums drive up the price of licensing since they aren't like college stadiums where they would want to get the stadium in the game for the fans, the MLB stadiums just want money.
That's pretty much it. Any stadium that is not owned by a college is not covered under our NCAA license, so we have to secure a seperate license for each. I don't know the financials involved really... I just ask the money guys and get a yes or no if they can be added.

# 14 RhodeIslandBuck @ 06/26/09 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
See bolded part. This is what we call a "Madden Conversion." We change the logos around the stadium, change the field art, change the lighting to match NCAA, and update the DB. It is the equivalent of doing 1/4 of a stadium from scratch.

I think our priority system has been pretty good. Sometimes a stadium will get done out of priority because it will take less time and we can squeeze it in budget (as opposed to the next in line which wouldn't fit). The one exception was Akron's stadium being in NCAA 07. Not sure what happened there... maybe an overzealous artist who was starting at the beginning of the alphabet before a priority list was made?
Then how come we can't get the New Cowboys Stadium if it's so easy to convert them?

# 15 mjussawalla @ 06/26/09 01:58 PM
Quote:
That's pretty much it. Any stadium that is not owned by a college is not covered under our NCAA license, so we have to secure a seperate license for each. I don't know the financials involved really... I just ask the money guys and get a yes or no if they can be added.
May be this is something Coke Zero can sponsor?

# 16 OMT @ 06/26/09 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIslandBuck
Then how come we can't get the New Cowboys Stadium if it's so easy to convert them?
Who said we can't?

# 17 coogrfan @ 06/26/09 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeIslandBuck
Quote:
Who said we can't?

Hmmm...are you trying to tell us something?

# 18 Tovarich @ 06/26/09 04:53 PM
I don't necessarily say that the priority for stadiums is off because the Broncos Stadium is in, but some of the teams are still in generic ones, it's because like 15 teams got updates, some of which were minor like some scoreboard stuck in the corner that we'll almost never see, and we still have missing stadiums. Not having all 120 this year is a bit ridiculous I think, but not having them all next year would be completely indefensible.

My bigger problem with the inclusion of the Broncos Stadium will be that the Colorado-Colorado State game is not even in that stadium this season or next....so why was it even added at all? Only reason I can think of is that the game has been placed in that stadium every year of the dynasty. They don't even have an agreement to play past the next 2 seasons and from the looks of their future schedules, they may not even plan on playing eachother. So, as of now, if that dynasty schedules are correct, there shouldn't be one single game in this stadium that's been added.

# 19 Brandwin @ 06/26/09 04:56 PM
Baylor's looks pretty good.

# 20 dagger55 @ 06/26/09 05:13 PM
Royal Memorial Stadium no longer has the huge greenspace in the endzone. The endzone runs right up to the bleachers.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.