Home
News Post

EA REVEALS FIRST DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PLANS FOR FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4

Free New Game Content Coming by Early August; Button Controls Included In Additional Summer Update

July 7, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today its initial Downloadable Content (DLC) plan for Fight Night Round 4. Recently named the Game Critic Awards “Best Sports Game of E3 2009”, Fight Night Round 4 has been winning over reviewers since its release on June 23rd.

The first DLC pack, which will be available for free to both Xbox 360® and Playstation®3 users by early August, will include a new training gym, new gameplay sliders, as well as a host of new equipment that can be used for outfitting boxers. Xbox 360 users will also receive an exclusive alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard in their first DLC pack, courtesy of Pizza Hut.

EA SPORTS™ will also be releasing a free downloadable game update by early September that will allow gamers to use face buttons on the Xbox 360 and PS3 game controllers to throw punches, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers.

“The depth and variety of new content we have planned this summer is going to make one of the most critically acclaimed games on the market even better,” said senior producer, Dean Richards. “Among the new content in development, our new button control scheme will give fans a choice for how they want to throw punches in the game. We strongly believe that the refined Total Punch Control is the most intuitive way to throw punches in Fight Night Round 4, but we also want fans of the franchise to have an option.”

Fight Night Round 4 is currently available for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game system from Microsoft. This game has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB, and 16+ by PEGI. For more information, log onto http://fightnight.easports.com.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 slayter @ 07/07/09 03:48 PM
Yay! More sliders. More sleepless nights.

# 2 vision @ 07/07/09 03:58 PM
"We strongly believe that the refined Total Punch Control is the most intuitive way to throw punches in Fight Night Round 4," the game's senior producer, Dean Richards, said in a press release, "But we also want fans of the franchise to have an option."

ORLY?!?!

# 3 mr_president @ 07/07/09 04:01 PM
http://kotaku.com/5309408/ea-announc...-for-september

an excerpt from the article:

Following calls from fans critical of Fight Night Round 4's current control options, EA is bringing a free alternative — and some other new content before that. EA Sports announced two upcoming free releases of downloadable content for Fight Night Round 4 today. The first, slated for early August, will add a new gym, "new gameplay sliders" and new equipment plus an alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard exclusive to the Xbox 360 version.
An early September release may be even more well-received as it will offer face-button control for all of Fight Night's punched. That update, for PS3 and Xbox 360 will be free.

free is right up my alley...
wonder what the sliders will be?...read on

# 4 jvalverde88 @ 07/07/09 04:05 PM
Yeah release those DLC around the time Madden and NHL come out. By the time they release the DLC I'll be done with FN4.

# 5 Vast @ 07/07/09 04:10 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those exact sliders equals perfect game. Those sliders are the exact ones this game was missing!!

Im soo excited about the sliders that im kinda ignoring the fact that online will be a button mash fest as soon as the button controls drop. Unless of course they perfectly patch that stamina, which they said they will.

# 6 Glenn33 @ 07/07/09 04:15 PM
Quote:
EA sent Kotaku further information about the "new gameplay sliders" being offered in August. Those sliders will allow gamers to "tun and tweak the following attributes: Counter Punch Window, Boxer Stamina, Punch Accuracy."
woo hoo!

# 7 Chef Matt @ 07/07/09 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those exact sliders equals perfect game. Those sliders are the exact ones this game was missing!!

Im soo excited about the sliders that im kinda ignoring the fact that online will be a button mash fest as soon as the button controls drop. Unless of course they perfectly patch that stamina, which they said they will.
Yeah now they're really gonna have to patch stamina perfectly. It's gonna be a button mash fest. It's got me a bit worried.

# 8 SteelerSpartan @ 07/07/09 04:33 PM
great news

# 9 dkrause1971 @ 07/07/09 04:33 PM
So what do you guys think the patch will entail then? Online staminia and freeze corrections? with those 3 sliders, i am not sure what offline changes they would make. Maybe tweak the power of straights? Wondered what you guys think.

# 10 Phobia @ 07/07/09 04:34 PM
As long as button guys can face button guys and stick guys face stick guys there is ZERO issue. But placing buttons vs sticks is not a even playing field. Buttons will always be faster than the right stick.

I seriously hope they patch in a filter feature on what control scheme you want to face. Other wise I won't be playing this online come September.

# 11 TDKing @ 07/07/09 04:39 PM
oh and for the poster above people are stick mashing now there is NO difference... well there is one, come september you can at least throw the punch that you intended to throw.

# 12 parker002 @ 07/07/09 04:41 PM
Those are the 3 sliders we really needed, so pretty good job outta EA.

# 13 Glenn33 @ 07/07/09 04:55 PM
I would have just been happy with punch accuracy...the stamina & Counter window is icing on the cake.

# 14 Moshood @ 07/07/09 05:05 PM
Delighted about the addition of buttons and extra sliders. I'll give the buttons a try to see if I like them better than the TPC. I can play either way but I want to see which I prefer more. I used the buttons in FNR3 but the TPC in FNR4 is great so we'll see. It's gonna be a long wait.

# 15 Jukeman @ 07/07/09 05:43 PM
Happy dance

# 16 clivo1050 @ 07/07/09 06:41 PM
Apparently the new sliders are punch accuracy, counter punch window and boxer stamina according to pastapadre

# 17 WeLLWeLL @ 07/07/09 06:54 PM
Very nice.

# 18 HotSauce2k3 @ 07/07/09 07:15 PM
Just tweak the online stamina and I'll be a satisfied customer.

# 19 tj1182 @ 07/07/09 07:24 PM
Wow, so I guess all the crying and moaning all the kiddies did worked. I better start playing online more now, before all the little kids with ADHD start mashing those buttons.

Now, all we need is a online lobby.

# 20 parker002 @ 07/07/09 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
Wow, so I guess all the crying and moaning all the kiddies did worked. I better start playing online more now, before all the little kids with ADHD start mashing those buttons.

Now, all we need is a online lobby.
People spam punches now. Adding buttons isn't going to change that.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.