Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 video, featuring the Online Franchise Superbowl, between the Dallas Cowboys (Greg Fields) and the Tennessee Titans (Ian Cummings).

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bgamer90 @ 07/11/09 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
great vid, funny though, i kinda think that the ea.com guys did an overall great job in commentary, hmmmm
Are you saying that they should get one of them to replace Hammond???

# 42 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 07/11/09 12:29 AM
To agree with everyone who has said it...
That Johnson juke on the kickoff return was SO SICK.

# 43 Ijeswannaknow @ 07/11/09 12:29 AM
U SEE MY COWBOYS DOIN IT UP...

# 44 TrapStar215 @ 07/11/09 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijeswannaknow
U SEE MY COWBOYS DOIN IT UP...
Your Cowboys?

900th post!!!

# 45 Champ24 @ 07/11/09 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yep - I've tried throwing while rolling out with Kerry Collins and it's the saddest thing ever - either a guaranteed pick or right in the dirt (he's rated 35 in throw on the run FWIW). Romo and Big Ben take a much smaller hit to accuracy.

On a side note, I think I've learned a secret to releasing videos to the community for the future - never have the offense succeed. There's such an innate skepticism with so many people when any play is completed successfully (yes, I know, before you post it, I know that Madden has earned your skepticism...not saying anything's wrong with it), that I think if every video was just full of penalties, overthrows, and sacks, those would probably be better received than anything else we could do.
Exactly, some around here think highlight videos should be filled with 2 yd gains and incomplete passes. But then you know what is next, "Why can't we see more interaction", "EA you call this crap a highlight video", "EA marketing needs to get a clue", blah blah blah.

# 46 DubTrey1 @ 07/11/09 01:48 AM
I liked the vid myself.... the only thing that bothered me was that guy Greg's eyebrows.

# 47 icomb1ne @ 07/11/09 02:10 AM
Ya...the blocking....especially the run blocking....ya.....not good.

Honestly though if each teams plays with the correct strategy that suits their personnel with the new tweaks and with the spread out ratings, I think I will enjoy the game with its glaring flaws.

# 48 bang911 @ 07/11/09 02:41 AM
Who was the Titans player that beat Chris Johnson into the endzone on the kick return?

# 49 beefandpork @ 07/11/09 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Ya...the blocking....especially the run blocking....ya.....not good.

Honestly though if each teams plays with the correct strategy that suits their personnel with the new tweaks and with the spread out ratings, I think I will enjoy the game with its glaring flaws.

its a really old build.

# 50 PGaither84 @ 07/11/09 03:12 AM
Quote:
On a side note, I think I've learned a secret to releasing videos to the community for the future - never have the offense succeed. There's such an innate skepticism with so many people when any play is completed successfully (yes, I know, before you post it, I know that Madden has earned your skepticism...not saying anything's wrong with it), that I think if every video was just full of penalties, overthrows, and sacks, those would probably be better received than anything else we could do.
I think it would be better said, show the defense winning. I don't want to see the offense fail so much as the Defense beating them. I hate watching the line, FB, and WRs just totally miss blocks or the QB just throw a terrible short pass to a wide open player.

Let's see a defender beating a blocker and applying pressure and those tipped passes and DBs swatting at WR's arms and breaking passes up instead of doing that now infamous "leaping interception/spin/tackle" animation from 09 backwards.

It's all semantics, I know, but having the O fail or the D win are two different ideas to me.

Good luck with next season Ian.

# 51 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/11/09 03:33 AM
Ian good job. You lost but it was a good game. Also onside note. I am kind of unhappy to keep on seeing people crying over little things. Ian said they started this over a month a go before they did the final tweeks was made. The pass rush is alot better then it shows in this video. Ian already a few weeks back should us a video of the improved pass rush. So people cut Ian and his crew some slack. But know the same people here complaining now will come back and complain again in 2 weeks when they get the alpha build of madden 10 in the demo. But me I trust that madden crew tweeked every thing and it is ready to go in august. Can't wait.

# 52 mmorg @ 07/11/09 04:11 AM
I know I'm late to the party but those stutter steps or jukes on that kick off return were awesome. NCAA doesn't have those anymore this year.

# 53 HolyCrap @ 07/11/09 04:37 AM
how did 2 O lineman miss Stephen Tolloch on that screen pass that was a let down

# 54 videobastard @ 07/11/09 09:11 AM
The tron jogging is very dissapointing in this build.

# 55 JMD @ 07/11/09 09:48 AM
Quote:
Yep - I've tried throwing while rolling out with Kerry Collins and it's the saddest thing ever - either a guaranteed pick or right in the dirt (he's rated 35 in throw on the run FWIW). Romo and Big Ben take a much smaller hit to accuracy.

Glad to ear that is not the norm in the game. However I would not think Romo would be able to complete that pass.

Possibly some of my frustration with that play is coming from the Cowboys being very very over rated in Madden 09. They haven't won a playoff game with Romo, yet they are rated in the 90's. Also that play showed me flashes of what I've been dealing with for a year online with Madden 09. Scrambling QB's that can still complete passes with no problem. I just don't think Romo is that good. Just curious, if Romo was wearing a Texans uniform and he'd never won a playoff game, does he still complete that pass?

Oh and Ian for me it's not "never have the offense succeed". It's never have the cowboys succeed.

# 56 Ian_Cummings @ 07/11/09 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Glad to ear that is not the norm in the game. However I would not think Romo would be able to complete that pass.
I am going to be honest and say that I think you are straight up bonkers if you don't think Tony Romo can complete a pass to a receiver right in front of him while rolling to his right. I guarantee I could pull multiple examples of him completing even more difficult throws than that one (but I don't have the NFL software at home right now). These guys aren't high school QB's - they're in the NFL for a reason.

# 57 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 07/11/09 10:23 AM
Quote:
I am going to be honest and say that I think you are straight up bonkers if you don't think Tony Romo can complete a pass to a receiver right in front of him while rolling to his right. I guarantee I could pull multiple examples of him completing even more difficult throws than that one (but I don't have the NFL software at home right now). These guys aren't high school QB's - they're in the NFL for a reason.
unfortunately true...but Ian i was wondering..Is the final build any smoother than this video? I know the last few weeks you guys have been tuning things like locomotion and running animations(so Ive heard)..Should we expect a little more momentum and things of that nature or is what we see what we get?

# 58 smace767 @ 07/11/09 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
The Cowboys winning the Superbowl??? Definitely NOT SIM!!! I'm canceling my preorder tomorrow.
How many Superbowl Trophies do yall have in Philly?

I have had more Superbowl parties at my own house as an adult than yall have Superbowl appearances total.

I could change Superbowl tshirts everyday of the week and have one left over for next week.
Philly would have to wear the same t-shirt every other day.

Lack of Playoff wins you can talk about to a point but, If you are not a New England, or Pittsburgh, or A NY Giant Fan in this era, or SF all time. Speaking about Superbowl wins, or even getting to the Superbowl is something you can't talk about or compare with us.

# 59 Mos1ted @ 07/11/09 10:47 AM
I was hoping the game speed would be a little bit slower. There is a gamespeed slider in the game this year right?

# 60 gameplayer321 @ 07/11/09 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
How many Superbowl Trophies do yall have in Philly?

I have had more Superbowl parties at my own house as an adult than yall have Superbowl appearances total.

I could change Superbowl tshirts everyday of the week and have one left over for next week.
Philly would have to wear the same t-shirt every other day.

Lack of Playoff wins you can talk about to a point but, If you are not a New England, or Pittsburgh, or A NY Giant Fan in this era, or SF all time. Speaking about Superbowl wins, or even getting to the Superbowl is something you can't talk about or compare with us.
ANGER LOL

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.