Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 video, featuring the Online Franchise Superbowl, between the Dallas Cowboys (Greg Fields) and the Tennessee Titans (Ian Cummings).

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 kmart2180 @ 07/10/09 09:58 PM
Ian was this build before you fixed the problem with elite D-Linemen getting pressure? There wasnt much footage but from what threre was, the D-Line didnt really do anything.

# 22 LingeringRegime @ 07/10/09 09:59 PM
That was awesome. Great post game cut scenes as well. Love how Wade keeps his headset on during the celebration - talk about dedication!

# 23 mrprice33 @ 07/10/09 10:14 PM
pretty sure the timing puts it right before the d line fixes. they've said they don't want to update the build for fear of crashing the OF.

# 24 SonOfWisconsin @ 07/10/09 10:26 PM
can you tell us/show us what the team endzones will look like? Just grass with a team nickname on top? Or something fancier? Ideally I like the ones that have the team nickname in the middle, NFL logo on one side, conference logo opposite side, and the team color background.

# 25 g2thecore @ 07/10/09 10:39 PM
Off subject, but can y'all believe Teamxbox.com gave NCAA 10 a 9.3 score???? That's just f'in crazy!

I wonder what Madden's gonna get?

# 26 TracerBullet @ 07/10/09 11:09 PM
It would have been hilarious if McBrair had of gottten around the corner and took took that fumble to the house lol.

I liked that juke on the kickoff that went for a touchdown. Well looks like Ian is probably off to draft a QB in the draft now.

# 27 JMD @ 07/10/09 11:21 PM
Very disappointed that Romo was able to scramble way out to the right and throw a near perfect pass while in the air. I was really hoping this crap would be gone this year. Just the fact that those types of plays can still be done means online play is going to be a pain in the *** again. Try that in APF2k8 and watch how the ball just flutters to the ground, as it should.

I've seen QB's in the NFL scramble and complete passes but not until the were at least somewhat set. The very first offensive play by the Cowboys in that video Romo is off the ground when he makes that completion. It's not even the fact that it was a completion that bugs me, it that the ball was not a duck, no fluttering, wobbling, nothing, perfect pass. Hogwash!!!!

# 28 labguy @ 07/10/09 11:24 PM
Geesh Ian way to represent the AFC (add sarcasm here)!!! LOL.

Seriously it was cool to see the SB highlights. I think a few people that post make their displeasures with an aspect of the game personal. I hope those people watched this and take a second to see the Madden Dev team does enjoy playing the game and you guys are football fans like us.

Despite the missing salary cap element, I am still looking forward to an online franchise. I just hope Ian and the gang can put something together to get NCAA draft classes loadable, so my frinds and I can transition from an Online Dynasty to an Onlin Franchise.

# 29 SoxFan01605 @ 07/10/09 11:25 PM
Well...definitely dug the presentation (in-game...the real life goofs, on the other hand...) and post-game in the background. Also loved the playaction and some of the catching and animations do look better overall...

But, the momentum on some of the plays still has that sped up quality. There are two many animations that look as though they skip forward or something. The running game looks like it's still kind of all or nothing in some ways as well. Also, the Cowboys guy should be docked points for some of the liberties he took on some drop backs and scrambling...lol (j/k...mostly)

And yes, I know it's a quick highlight video from an older build. I'm not making any claims on how I think the game will turn out, only what I saw. It was very up and down, and I still have concerns about momentum and weight, but pretty cool overall. We'll see come August, I guess.

# 30 Champ24 @ 07/10/09 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Very disappointed that Romo was able to scramble way out to the right and throw a near perfect pass while in the air. I was really hoping this crap would be gone this year. Just the fact that those types of plays can still be done means online play is going to be a pain in the *** again. Try that in APF2k8 and watch how the ball just flutters to the ground, as it should.

I've seen QB's in the NFL scramble and complete passes but not until the were at least somewhat set. The very first offensive play by the Cowboys in that video Romo is off the ground when he makes that completion. It's not even the fact that it was a completion that bugs me, it that the ball was not a duck, no fluttering, wobbling, nothing, perfect pass. Hogwash!!!!
I went back to watch what you are referring to and you are blowing that pass way out of proportion. Romo makes that pass with ease every Sunday. Nice try though.

# 31 TreyIM2 @ 07/10/09 11:30 PM
JMD - Dude, have you EVER watched Tony Romo??? He's is the illegitimate son of Brett Favre and you KNOW how many crazy passes that Favre has completed so that is not unusual to see Romo do. Now, the problem could be if this is happening at a high clip in the ACTUAL RETAIL GAME. THEN u may have an issue. Like many before u, u can't jump to such conclusions based on one clip from old builds of the game, feel me?

# 32 TreyIM2 @ 07/10/09 11:32 PM
And why the hell doesn't my quote feature work, still?????

# 33 tonedeaf @ 07/10/09 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD

Your not gonna be able to do that with all the QBs. Im pretty sure there is a new rating, correct me if im wrong, which is throwing on the run. So QBs like Big Ben and Romo who are very good at throwing on the run in real life, will be able to do the same in Madden.

If that was Kurt Warner instead of Romo, im sure that pass wouldnt be as good.(I hope, lol) But we will only find out when it releases because this or the demo we get will not be the final build.

# 34 MattIntellect @ 07/10/09 11:36 PM
I'm sure the Superbowl presentation will be a lot longer than that because I think I remember seeing more in the Online franchise video, if of course that is what I saw in the online franchise video.

# 35 lightning_78 @ 07/10/09 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
The Cowboys winning the Superbowl??? Definitely NOT SIM!!! I'm canceling my preorder tomorrow.
It would have been more "non-sim" if the Eagles had won it though

# 36 Ian_Cummings @ 07/10/09 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedeaf
Your not gonna be able to do that with all the QBs. Im pretty sure there is a new rating, correct me if im wrong, which is throwing on the run. So QBs like Big Ben and Romo who are very good at throwing on the run in real life, will be able to do the same in Madden.

If that was Kurt Warner instead of Romo, im sure that pass wouldnt be as good.(I hope, lol) But we will only find out when it releases because this or the demo we get will not be the final build.
Yep - I've tried throwing while rolling out with Kerry Collins and it's the saddest thing ever - either a guaranteed pick or right in the dirt (he's rated 35 in throw on the run FWIW). Romo and Big Ben take a much smaller hit to accuracy.

On a side note, I think I've learned a secret to releasing videos to the community for the future - never have the offense succeed. There's such an innate skepticism with so many people when any play is completed successfully (yes, I know, before you post it, I know that Madden has earned your skepticism...not saying anything's wrong with it), that I think if every video was just full of penalties, overthrows, and sacks, those would probably be better received than anything else we could do.

# 37 TreyIM2 @ 07/10/09 11:56 PM
I keep trying to tell people not to be so critical of the vids that don't give u the full picture. Many people tend to call the fire department just because someone lights a match.
I'll paraphrase what Ian is saying - Settle down and wait til u play the actual game, people.

# 38 norman bates @ 07/10/09 11:58 PM
WOW this game looks absolutely outstanding, I mean how could anyone nitpick or complain about anything in this game.

# 39 frankrizzo380 @ 07/11/09 12:01 AM
great vid, funny though, i kinda think that the ea.com guys did an overall great job in commentary, hmmmm

# 40 Bgamer90 @ 07/11/09 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

On a side note, I think I've learned a secret to releasing videos to the community for the future - never have the offense succeed. There's such an innate skepticism with so many people when any play is completed successfully (yes, I know, before you post it, I know that Madden has earned your skepticism...not saying anything's wrong with it), that I think if every video was just full of penalties, overthrows, and sacks, those would probably be better received than anything else we could do.
Yeah that seems to be the case.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.