Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

The official patch for NCAA Football 10 has been released for the PS3.

Quote:
"Per Adam_Thompson_EA:

1) Option to turn off DLC in online dynasty
2) Sliders are fixed
3) Default roster now matches the one we put in the EA locker"

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 HokieB @ 07/15/09 09:58 PM
So I haven't touched sliders yet. Will I notice any difference in gameplay before messing with sliders, or did the patch only make the sliders work?

Not complaining. Working sliders = sweet goodness.

# 122 J-Unit40 @ 07/15/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
so with this patch, would you recommend this game to someone who looking for a football fix that is primary a offline dynasty player, at least until Madden comes out?
100%. I played about 99% of my games offline. This game was good, but just got a lot better.

Go for it.

# 123 UATide @ 07/15/09 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
100%. I played about 99% of my games offline. This game was good, but just got a lot better.

Go for it.

Soo good. To hear, thank you!!

# 124 Pokes404 @ 07/15/09 09:59 PM
Just in case anyone needs any more proof, I can say that the sliders work. I went into practice mode with OSU having set the CPU pass blocking at 0 and the human pass rush at 100. I wouldn't say that I "abused" the O line, but I was in the backfield applying major heat on the QB most of the time (this was on Heisman difficulty as well). Keep in mind, OSU's D line is above average at best and not as good as the O line. It's safe to say, the sliders actually work now. I'd forgotten what it felt like to play some real defense. Not to mention the fact that I can finally balance the game out by increasing the effectiveness of the running game and decreasing the effectiveness of the passing game. Seems like the passing game has been too powerful in the past.

Nice work, EA. I feel like this is the first year on the "next-gen" consoles that NCAA has started living up to some of its potential. I can't say that it's perfect. In fact, there's a lot that still needs to be addressed in my opinion; however, it's finally heading in the right direction.

# 125 Manbearpig @ 07/15/09 10:00 PM
Quote:

Go for it.
well, I guess I'll buy it then, though I'll have to wait for the patch to hit the 360 though before I buy since I dpn't have a PS3 (I want one though)

# 126 EdgeCrusher @ 07/15/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I went from all penalties at 100 pre-patch to all at 65 post patch. I **** you not, I must have had 50 penalties in the last game I played.
Was the 15-yd. facemask called? I just got done playing my first 2 games this year. Default AA nothing touched aggression -wise and had 14 called in one and 12 in the second all facemask.Pre-patch.

# 127 abckcork01 @ 07/15/09 10:01 PM
Did the patch fix the sub in/sub out slider?

# 128 OMT @ 07/15/09 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Dammit, I knew I should have stuck with the PS3. I saw that someone said Tuesday for 360, is that accurate or just a guess?
That sounds about right unless it gets bounced for something.

# 129 J-Unit40 @ 07/15/09 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abckcork01
Did the patch fix the sub in/sub out slider?
I'll let you know about this as my game with UF vs. UGA progresses.

Early impressions are very, very positive overall. CPU run game is alive and well on All-American .

# 130 Manbearpig @ 07/15/09 10:04 PM
anyone else kinda think we owe the NCAA team an apologie thread. With this patch, the games is not nearly as bad as people were saying it would be. In fact, many people now think that it is very good

# 131 Manbearpig @ 07/15/09 10:05 PM
Quote:
I'll let you know about this as my game with UF vs. UGA progresses.

Early impressions are very, very positive overall. CPU run game is alive and well on All-American .
can we have you post stats?

# 132 OMT @ 07/15/09 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
So I haven't touched sliders yet. Will I notice any difference in gameplay before messing with sliders, or did the patch only make the sliders work?

Not complaining. Working sliders = sweet goodness.
Gameplay tuning is Patch 2. This is just the sliders.

Which brings up a good point. Don't get too attached to your slider set, guys! Come Patch 2, you're probably gonna need to change them again.

# 133 J-Unit40 @ 07/15/09 10:06 PM
Penalty sliders...HOLY ****! Wow are these effective. Time to tone these suckers down from where I had them before.

# 134 justblaze09 @ 07/15/09 10:06 PM
Hey I guess this makes up for what happened to us PS3 users with getting the rosters 2nd lol. I'll have to download the patch later tonight and finally get the gameplay I want

# 135 Manbearpig @ 07/15/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Gameplay tuning is Patch 2. This is just the sliders.

Which brings up a good point. Don't get too attached to your slider set, guys! Come Patch 2, you're probably gonna need to change them again.
What areas of gameplay are you guys gonna tune, since it seems like almost all of the gameplay problems can be fixed with sliders.

# 136 sooner66 @ 07/15/09 10:07 PM
I cannot get the patch to download. Any hints?

# 137 EdgeCrusher @ 07/15/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Penalty sliders...HOLY ****! Wow are these effective. Time to tone these suckers down from where I had them before.
So the penalty sliders are tied to the gameplay sliders in this patch then?

# 138 J-Unit40 @ 07/15/09 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCrusher
So the penalty sliders are tied to the gameplay sliders in this patch then?
They are independent, but they have been tweaked for effectiveness it appears. And when I say appears, I mean it is very visible.

# 139 Tovarich @ 07/15/09 10:12 PM
so the punt out of bounds glitched is not fixed in this one? if patch 2 is all gameplay?

and he isn't the only one with custom sound issues, there were many

# 140 dubplate @ 07/15/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeCrusher
Was the 15-yd. facemask called? I just got done playing my first 2 games this year. Default AA nothing touched aggression -wise and had 14 called in one and 12 in the second all facemask.Pre-patch.
Face mask penalties were called on almost every play before I lowered them. I'm not complaining, just surprised at how much the patch changed them.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.