Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

The official patch for NCAA Football 10 has been released for the PS3.

Quote:
"Per Adam_Thompson_EA:

1) Option to turn off DLC in online dynasty
2) Sliders are fixed
3) Default roster now matches the one we put in the EA locker"

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Bootzilla @ 07/15/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Dunno. I just heard that the list from the gameplay group is very big.
Just tell em not to screw up a good thing, ha ha. The game plays really well. Actually it's probably the best out of the box sports game I've played in a while. Things that many people complained about weren't a problem for me, i.e. pass rush.

# 182 ucas005 @ 07/15/09 11:26 PM
Can we get some vids on the new pass rush in action?

# 183 Solidice @ 07/15/09 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaizeHaze
See for yourself! I checked Michigan, Michigan St. and Ohio State and all had 68 players on the roster and only let me create one more player before it told me I reached the max amount for that team.
you can only have 69 players per team pre-dynasty mode. there has to be at least 1 empty spot open for Road to Glory, otherwise it'll screw up that mode. once your in dynasty mode and recruit, you can have 70. at leas i believe this is the reason.

# 184 kujo10774 @ 07/15/09 11:32 PM
Guys thanks for all your help...one more question PLEASE! Does the patch fix the roster problems or do you have to download the roster from ea locker?

# 185 Tully @ 07/15/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
grrrr 360 wont be out until next tuesday then.

boooooo
Why do people always say this Tuesday crap. The 360 doesn't just update on Tuesdays. Thats how it was when the system first launched. It hasn't that way in yrs. It can update anyday

# 186 xxslim502xx @ 07/15/09 11:38 PM
when u start a new dynasty the roster is only 69 players...WTF??

# 187 Hellisan @ 07/15/09 11:39 PM
Quote:
Already?! Wow!

If you want to know for sure if it is the patch, start an online dynasty (you can start a one player online dynasty). Go into the settings and see if you can find an option to toggle off DLC.

Adam... In the recruiting, is there any way to open up recruiting advisor (and the other DLC one) down the road? Or are they pay-f0r-play all the way through?

# 188 MaizeHaze @ 07/15/09 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
you can only have 69 players per team pre-dynasty mode. there has to be at least 1 empty spot open for Road to Glory, otherwise it'll screw up that mode. once your in dynasty mode and recruit, you can have 70. at leas i believe this is the reason.
Thanks Solidice! This would be great to have confirmed and great to have the option to save that spot or not! For those like me who probably will never do rtg it would be nice to not have that 70th spot reserved for that!

# 189 xxslim502xx @ 07/15/09 11:39 PM
no my old dynasties had 70 players pre patch...it deletes a player

Quote:

# 190 Solidice @ 07/15/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxslim502xx
no my old dynasties had 70 players pre patch...it deletes a player
I'm just talking about pre-dyansty(main menu). once your in dynasty mode the max roster is 70.

# 191 RoyalBoyle78 @ 07/15/09 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
if sliders work how people are saying they do, Im good until Madden comes out. Downloading now
If everything is working like everyone is saying they, I'm going to continue to say hello NCAA you fine babe and I'm going to continue to walk down the street with her on my arm along with Madden, if everything is working NCAA will not get a complete cold shulder because of madden anymore, we can all have a threesome all season long, OMG are the kids asleep?

Thanks OMT and EA, love the game this year!

# 192 Potatoes002 @ 07/15/09 11:45 PM
Quote:
I'm just talking about pre-dyansty(main menu). once your in dynasty mode the max roster is 70.
I just realized texas techs fight song isnt in the game. What gives?

# 193 Solidice @ 07/15/09 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I just realized texas techs fight song isnt in the game. What gives?
never noticed, first thing i did when I put the disk in(well 3rd thing, the 1st thing was install game to HD, 2nd was choose favorite school) was go to custom stadium sounds and put in TTU's songs.

# 194 Potatoes002 @ 07/15/09 11:49 PM
Quote:
never noticed, first thing i did when I put the disk in(well 3rd thing, the 1st thing was install game to HD, 2nd was choose favorite school) was go to custom stadium sounds and put in TTU's songs.
Ya I was over on utopia and someone posted that its missing. I dont understand how they can get rid of fight songs....

# 195 Ziza9Noles94 @ 07/15/09 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Sure. I just started the game over because I was tweaking the sliders like a lunatic. Very small sample size, but I'm going to start a new game with the same teams right now UF (me) vs. UGA on All-American.

9 minute quarters.

HUM/CPU

QB Accuracy 40 / 40 (At 45 they were a little too accurate)
Pass Blocking 45 / 45
WR Catching 45 / 45
RB Ability 50 / 55 (CPU runs better, but if too high they run herky-jerky)
Run Blocking 50 / 55

Pass Coverage 50 / 50
Pass Rush 75/ 75
INT 0 / 0
Rush Defense 50 / 50
Tackling 50 /50 (at 40 I saw too many broken tackles)

I think kickoff return blocking may be tied to Run Block. Not 100% sure though. When I had it up to 60 on each side, I was seeing a lot of knockdown blocks on KRs.
Hey thanks for posting these. I'm going to test them out later. Yay for rushing games!

# 196 wepr3 @ 07/15/09 11:52 PM
Quote:
Gameplay tuning is Patch 2. This is just the sliders.

Which brings up a good point. Don't get too attached to your slider set, guys! Come Patch 2, you're probably gonna need to change them again.
Does that mean if we've started a Dynasty we'd have to start over for the gameplay updates to be in effect?

# 197 adembroski @ 07/15/09 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ

YES!
ROFL, that is awesome!

Quote:
Dunno. I just heard that the list from the gameplay group is very big.
I vote lowering pass velocity and spreading out the effect of ratings... not quite the "speed curve" from last year, but greater difference in tackling, throwing power, break tackle, things like that would be nice.

# 198 Hoos @ 07/16/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
ATTN: Put RUN blocking to 50 it Will fix the easy kick returns
Maybe I'm just confused, but will this have a negative outcome on the CPU/humans ability to run realistically???

# 199 jackson @ 07/16/09 12:03 AM
Two questions:

1. Could somebody post some decent vids of pass rush working and some other things that the sliders drastically do?

2. Does anybody know a phone number at Microsoft that we could call to possibly get an ETA on the xbox update?

# 200 OrangeUaVol @ 07/16/09 12:08 AM
Hey Adam, for patch 2...can you let someone know working on that patch to take a look at the single digit jersey numbers, the numbers are off-centered, to the right. You could take a look at Boise State or Cincinnati, I know these two teams are good examples...but there are many others. I would say nearly every team has this issue. However, it's strictly aesthetic, since it is only visual. It does not affect game play, so it's not a high priority...just thought I'd mention it so you could pass the information along.

Peace.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.