Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

The official patch for NCAA Football 10 has been released for the PS3.

Quote:
"Per Adam_Thompson_EA:

1) Option to turn off DLC in online dynasty
2) Sliders are fixed
3) Default roster now matches the one we put in the EA locker"

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 ucas005 @ 07/16/09 12:13 AM
Also, Adam, for patch #2 is it possible that question #2 of this interview can be addressed:

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4215220

Incoming recruits are coming in just as high rated as last year which contradicts what Ben is saying. thx

# 202 maxfool @ 07/16/09 12:15 AM
I must say. Patience won this time around.
So much for wining and crying and complaining.

ATTENTION ADAM AND CREW!!!!!

I thought the game was great out of box but the slider patch has done wonders. I greatly applaud your efforts and work!!!!!!
This is the type of gameplay we have been waiting for!!!

Silky smooth!!! Just need to fine tune the pass coverage.
Running is amazing for both sides.

BTW...Anyone notice the increase in penalties post patch or is it just me?

Adam...were penalties affected, because it seems a lot better than before.

# 203 SHO @ 07/16/09 12:17 AM
Now that this patch has been fixed, are there any gameplay issues that still standout even after playing around with sliders?

# 204 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxslim502xx
ok the KICKOFF RETURN bug is when you have run blocking turned up..i just tested it if run blocking is at 50 it is fine..but you turn it up and on kickoffs everybody gets knocked down...ADAM, what does run blocking do is it just for Running plays?
Well, there are two types of blocking... pass and run. Pass blocking protects the QB, run blocking creates room for the ball carrier. It would make sense that the run block slider effects kick returns and probably running after the catch, not just running plays.

# 205 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxslim502xx
adam i think i should get hired to test the bugs i pay attention to little details i think i could do a better job at finding bugs and testing then the QA testers at EA, lol
If you are interested in moving to Louisiana, they are probably hiring.

# 206 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
you can only have 69 players per team pre-dynasty mode. there has to be at least 1 empty spot open for Road to Glory, otherwise it'll screw up that mode. once your in dynasty mode and recruit, you can have 70. at leas i believe this is the reason.
This is correct. We need to leave one spot available for Road to Glory.

# 207 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Adam... In the recruiting, is there any way to open up recruiting advisor (and the other DLC one) down the road? Or are they pay-f0r-play all the way through?
You can always buy it I believe. If you're asking if we'll offer it free in the future, I don't know. It could happen I suppose.

# 208 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
If everything is working like everyone is saying they, I'm going to continue to say hello NCAA you fine babe and I'm going to continue to walk down the street with her on my arm along with Madden, if everything is working NCAA will not get a complete cold shulder because of madden anymore, we can all have a threesome all season long, OMG are the kids asleep?

Thanks OMT and EA, love the game this year!
Looks like you need your entry in the DSM!

# 209 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
I just realized texas techs fight song isnt in the game. What gives?
I can't really get into this publicly.

# 210 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
Two questions:

1. Could somebody post some decent vids of pass rush working and some other things that the sliders drastically do?

2. Does anybody know a phone number at Microsoft that we could call to possibly get an ETA on the xbox update?
7/20 is as a fair ETA. This assumes that Microsoft finds no problems they need us to fix before releasing it.

# 211 Bwnarrow3 @ 07/16/09 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Yeah... while working on fixing the sliders they found out that some of them were just labeled wrong.
This confuses me...

It makes it seem as though you guys pay no attention to the sliders at all...

# 212 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUaVol
Hey Adam, for patch 2...can you let someone know working on that patch to take a look at the single digit jersey numbers, the numbers are off-centered, to the right. You could take a look at Boise State or Cincinnati, I know these two teams are good examples...but there are many others. I would say nearly every team has this issue. However, it's strictly aesthetic, since it is only visual. It does not affect game play, so it's not a high priority...just thought I'd mention it so you could pass the information along.

Peace.
As a UCF fan who plays as them (QB #4), I feel your pain. Let's just say it is complicated (I mean... if I can't get MY favorite team's single digit numbers centered great, you have to imagine it is pretty complicated!).

I will ask the guys who know how patchable this is. If it is a per team setting (I don't believe it is), then definitely not. If there is one change that fixes everyone and can be patched (not everything can be patched), then I will fight for it!

Though this brings up a case that a lot of you probably don't think of that we as a design team face everyday. There might be a fix that will center all these. However, it might totally mess up the teams that don't have a centering problem! Regardless, I'll find out more soon.

# 213 OMT @ 07/16/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
So microsoft can have updates at any time? So maybe we get the patch tomorrow?

OH by he way OMT great job on the uniform mix and match that rocks!
Yep. My favorite feature I worked on this year hands down! And it is funny, cause when I mention that to people at work they stare at me with a "WTF?" look in their eyes! It is one of those things that some people love, some don't.

Honestly, the reason it got in is because of workflow improvements mostly.. not just being neat for some users (saves a ton of art time and disk space). If it was done solely for end user experience, it probably woulda been cut for something else (ok.. here comes the guys who don't care about it complaining we did this instead of their pet feature ).

# 214 Bwnarrow3 @ 07/16/09 12:41 AM
Quote:
Gameplay tuning is Patch 2. This is just the sliders.

Which brings up a good point. Don't get too attached to your slider set, guys! Come Patch 2, you're probably gonna need to change them again.
I doubt you'll answer this question Adam, but does anyone else think that the comptuer's clock management should be addressed in patch 2? It seems like they always break huddle at :23 on the play clock, and snap the ball as quickly as possible.

Would anyone else like to see the computer run more time off the clock in patch 2?

# 215 TreyIM2 @ 07/16/09 12:49 AM
Bwnarrow3 - I noticed that same "quick snap" deal with the CPU. It reminded me of when Madden 09 first came out but then they patched that prob. Hopefully, they will patch this one, as well.

I can't wait to see what this current patch brings. I was actually in the middle of a game NCAA 10 when the patch first hit and then read about it once I was done. I'm just now getting to the patch and it's finished installing so I will check out the sliders, soon. Hopefully, the blocking slider WILL affect kickoff and punt returns. I've hated for years how my squad doesn't seem to wanna block during those times...along with some of the run and pass plays - lol.

# 216 DarthRambo @ 07/16/09 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwnarrow3
I doubt you'll answer this question Adam, but does anyone else think that the comptuer's clock management should be addressed in patch 2? It seems like they always break huddle at :23 on the play clock, and snap the ball as quickly as possible.

Would anyone else like to see the computer run more time off the clock in patch 2?
I would like to see the Chew clock mode being able to be turned on at all times. and turned off automaticallt at 2:30sec of 2nd qtr, and at 5min of the 4th qtr if ur playing longer than 5min.

If not, then at least give the cpu better clock management. The best idea is just to put in an accelerated clock like Madden has, but I dunno how easy that is to be put in a patch. Prolly very diffiucult. But maybe tuning the chew clock option, to if its on, it's on for the cpu as well.

# 217 adembroski @ 07/16/09 12:58 AM
Quote:
Are these new defensive sliders going to be on the x-box 360 as well?
They're not new, they're just renamed.

# 218 OMT @ 07/16/09 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I would like to see the Chew clock mode being able to be turned on at all times. and turned off automaticallt at 2:30sec of 2nd qtr, and at 5min of the 4th qtr if ur playing longer than 5min.

If not, then at least give the cpu better clock management. The best idea is just to put in an accelerated clock like Madden has, but I dunno how easy that is to be put in a patch. Prolly very diffiucult. But maybe tuning the chew clock option, to if its on, it's on for the cpu as well.
You should be able to turn on Chew Clock whenever you want. Is this not the case?

# 219 OMT @ 07/16/09 01:11 AM
Quote:
Oh I know, I just was wondering about the changes.
Yes, it is the same patch for both systems.

# 220 DarthRambo @ 07/16/09 01:15 AM
Quote:
You should be able to turn on Chew Clock whenever you want. Is this not the case?

You can turn it on whenever you want, yes. But I'm talking about it staying on even when the CPU has the ball, not just me. This way I could possibly play a game on maybe even 10min qtrs, which would be cool, and even more realistic. Is it supposed to be on all the time when u turn it on, or work as it is now, where it's only on when you have the ball?

Just started another game, I'm n defense, and see no option to turn it on while I'm on defense.. is it supposed to be there?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.