Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted seven new screenshots of NHL 2K10.

Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kennyacid @ 08/27/09 11:41 PM
I just love the arenas, my goodness.

# 2 Eddie1967 @ 08/28/09 12:02 AM
Yes the arena's look magnificent. The lighting is simply superb. I can't wait to be on the road this year. The faces are so much more improved over 2k9. This game is going to be so much fun to play.

# 3 Flyermania @ 08/28/09 12:35 PM
I don't think I've ever seen better looking arenas in any hockey game...everything is spot on.

# 4 ezio @ 08/28/09 12:46 PM
Everything looks so much better graphically this year. I know graphics aren't everything but after playing the NHL 10 demo and then popping in 2k8 it was hard to play 2k8 even though it is a great game. If 2k10 can get back to what 2k8 was with improved graphics I may be going back to 2k this year.

# 5 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/28/09 04:47 PM
this is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 6 ezio @ 08/28/09 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
this is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes it is. Not sure if I can play in EA's generic arenas after seeing these screens but it will come down to gameplay of course. Waiting for a 2k demo to compare it to NHL 10.

# 7 savoie2006 @ 08/28/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Players grabbing sticks! Players grabbing sticks! Animations other than players just mindlessly skating up and down the ice!

Looks sensational. Too bad the goalies didn't get the same love, they're a real visual letdown in comparison.
I'll cope for another year, just as I'll cope Ea's Presentation being much the same.

# 8 ianlast @ 08/28/09 06:51 PM
Quote:

Looks sensational. Too bad the goalies didn't get the same love, they're a real visual letdown in comparison.
No kidding. You've got awesome arena and player face models (well, maybe not Ovechkin lol) that blow away NHL 10. On the other hand, you're stuck with goalie models that look like a 6 year old kid's rendition of a hockey goalie.

Look at the Steve Mason screenshot:

a) He looks like he's wearing one of those cheap street-hockey masks
b) He looks like he's wearing equipment designed for peewee hockey goalies. Seriously guys, the NHL didn't change the equipment restrictions that much.
c) What's with holding the stick well above the paddle? If a real goalie held it like that, they'd be getting their stick knocked out every few minutes.

Also, I'd say the lighting effects are still very poor, that's one thing that EA nails really well.

# 9 Eddie1967 @ 08/28/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaowns2k
wow 19 votes 7.5 hype score pathetic is that all you guys care about is arenas oh wait thats the only thing you have to care about its sucks grabbing the stick is called HOLDING THE STICK
Great, another newbie.

# 10 Eddie1967 @ 08/28/09 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I have a feeling when we see this game in action A.O. will be spot on.
I agree Scott, this game will be beautiful in action. 2 weeks AWAY!!!!!
I have a feeling this game will spank EA's product in every way imaginable.
I see the hockey crown officially changing heads this year.
Hopefully it will force them to spend a few bucks on presentation next year. I'm already bored with the demo even with the decent game play.

# 11 Eddie1967 @ 08/28/09 11:05 PM
Quote:
And a trolling newbie to boot!
Imagine signing up at OS just to hate. Oh well, he seems to be back in his hole.

# 12 Keirik @ 08/29/09 12:06 AM
Quote:
I have a feeling when we see this game in action A.O. will be spot on.
so they're gonna edit the player face of the ones they showed off for a month weeks before the release?

highly highly doubtful.

# 13 onlybygrace @ 08/29/09 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaowns2k
uhh what else those are the wrong reebok goalie sticks ducks don't have gold in their gloves colorado doesn't have color in their cloves they are all black so don't say it will blow EA away because it won't except in the arenas
I too favor EA, but I also favor you getting the hell outta here.

# 14 Eddie1967 @ 08/29/09 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
What does gamefly have to do with anything? Or did you miss the post where I'm actually considering trading some games in for it day 1? Aren't I on your ignore list?

I haven't either Scott, which is why I was pretty shocked at how bad Ovie looked in the first teaser trailer when compared to alot of the other star players, Big Joe looks spot on, Briere looks great as well. They did a nice job of getting some of the stars looking great. Yet the cover guy looks nothing like himself or the Maya Render they initially tried to pass off as "in game". Odd to say the least.
Yeah, I saw what you said about purchasing NHL 2K10. I was joking about the game fly thing.

Ignore list? I tried doing that for several people, but it doesn't make sense (to me) to come to these forums and not read everyone's opinions. We may not agree on a lot of things Realm but I don't feel it's necessary to put anyone on ignore. I love these forums.

# 15 Eddie1967 @ 08/29/09 07:14 AM
Quote:
I don't know Realm I haven't see too many game mess up the cover boy's face and have so many star pretty accurate. So I think it will be better then you think. I agree about demo Eddie, It needs more presentation for liking. I hope they blow that up next year with NHL11.
Very odd about the cover boy. He does look a bit Asian for some reason, but like you said the other faces look very nice. As far as EA, if they work hard on the presentation it would make it very hard to choose a hockey game and that would be a nice problem to have.

# 16 TIm @ 08/29/09 03:08 PM
Can Anyone shed any light on the Coverboy if he will be improved. I find it hard to believe that most other screens we saw of other players look very good and AO looks like a Japanese baseball player!!! That would be wierd especially the coverboy!!!

# 17 ezio @ 08/29/09 09:16 PM
Quote:
I don't know Realm I haven't see too many game mess up the cover boy's face and have so many star pretty accurate. So I think it will be better then you think. I agree about demo Eddie, It needs more presentation for liking. I hope they blow that up next year with NHL11.
I agree with this as well. Not to mention the generic arenas. I know that shouln't make or break a decision on buying a game but after playing the NHL demo and seeing the screen shots of the 2k arena's it is hard to imagine playing in the generic arenas in NHL. I know it may sound stupid to base a decision on arenas but if the gameplay in the 2k demo is anywhere near the NHL demo i think 2k gets the nod this year.

# 18 MizzouRah @ 08/30/09 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I agree with this as well. Not to mention the generic arenas. I know that shouln't make or break a decision on buying a game but after playing the NHL demo and seeing the screen shots of the 2k arena's it is hard to imagine playing in the generic arenas in NHL. I know it may sound stupid to base a decision on arenas but if the gameplay in the 2k demo is anywhere near the NHL demo i think 2k gets the nod this year.
Doesn't sound stupid at all.. I would probably buy 2k10 alone on arena specific intros during franchise play.. if they are only for the playoffs, I'll probably pass.

I've bought both games in the past.. and I'm prepared again this year.

Heck, Madden alone is more enjoyable this year with all its presentation pizazz!

EA has me with excellent game play and commentary... 2k can bring a niche with game play improvements and all the time they have spent on team specific arenas and lighting.

# 19 ezio @ 08/30/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Doesn't sound stupid at all.. I would probably buy 2k10 alone on arena specific intros during franchise play.. if they are only for the playoffs, I'll probably pass.

I've bought both games in the past.. and I'm prepared again this year.

Heck, Madden alone is more enjoyable this year with all its presentation pizazz!

EA has me with excellent game play and commentary... 2k can bring a niche with game play improvements and all the time they have spent on team specific arenas and lighting.

Yeah I was going to metnion Madden because it really does make it much more enjoyable. I do enjoy the NHL 10 demo but if the 2k gameplay is anwyhere close I will probably go with that this year.

# 20 original6 @ 08/31/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Sure, graphics can be a vote swayer. However, it's gameplay that's king. Case in point, I thoroughly enjoyed playing 2k9 on the sucky Wii far more than either 2k9 or NHL 09 on the 360. The gameplay was that much better, imo. Kinda reminded me of playing 2k3 on the old black Xbox.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.