Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K10 Official Momentous Trailer #1.

Check out the HD version, at our Youtube channel, right here.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SageInfinite @ 09/15/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Haha, I didn't expect to see 5-on-5 vids. I'm just saying that I need to play the game at this point because none of this is doing much for me in terms of wanting to buy the game. They made amazing trailers last year and the year before that too... it's just not something that really gets me interested or builds my confidence in the game these days. A 5-on-5 vid would be better, yes, but even that doesn't do a whole lot for me.

The VC layup animation was nice -- Melo has that in the Hangar in Live also if you guys didn't notice (push LS towards baseline)... love pulling that one off. I like the simple putback by Dwight too, looked very good.
Dont even waste ya time Stumble, you know how cats get down over here.

# 62 laker8la @ 09/15/09 04:34 PM
Quote:
Not that impressed. Nice video and editing as always from Mo, but the game itself looked a lot like 2K9, and not just graphics. The expressions and pre-game stuff is a nice addition... I guess I'm just way beyond being impressed by trailers form 2K, no matter how nicely they were put together. That Kobe posterization looked nice but I really hope that's a rare ocurrence.. he nearly jumped over the top of him.

Anyway, I'll just stay out of it... not terribly impressive but again, 2K10 seems to be less about reinventing the wheel and more about refining what they had in 2K9, so that's the main reason I wouldn't really get excited by trailers. Plus, my concerns are not with the graphics and presentation but the gameplay, which trailers do little to show. At least we know for sure a demo's coming out pre-release, that's all that matters to me at this point.
I am sorry, but is there a way to ignore this guy's messages? Everytime I read anything on the 2k boards, this guy has something negative to say. I don't want to start a war or anything, I just want to know- is there a way to make stumbleweed disappear?

Thanks,
laker8la

# 63 SageInfinite @ 09/15/09 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laker8la
I am sorry, but is there a way to ignore this guy's messages? Everytime I read anything on the 2k boards, this guy has something negative to say. I don't want to start a war or anything, I just want to know- is there a way to make stumbleweed disappear?

Thanks,
laker8la
Yea click his name and add him to your ignore list.

# 64 Manbearpig @ 09/15/09 04:35 PM
while the trailer looked great, those style of trailers for 2k9 looked great as well. I need full game vids to see if the multitude of 2k9's gameplay problems were fixed. These kind of trailers mean nothin to me

# 65 cjamestx @ 09/15/09 04:39 PM
Hey now. Great trailer. I'm sold. Put me down for two copies. Cuzzo I got you a nice b-day gift.

# 66 Shawny1983 @ 09/15/09 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Stumbleweed, I apologize if this comes off wrong but you sure as hell sounded excited when Live released their trailer a few weeks back. I seem to recall that Live's trailer and video blogs gave you a ton of confidence and excitement even before they had 5 on 5 videos and a demo. Not trying to say there is a bias but just something I noticed.
Apples and oranges comparison in my opinion. Live 10's videos and blogs showed off specific aspects of the game.

All of 2K10's media has been the usual sizzle videos. While I enjoyed the 2K10 trailer, I can see Stumble's perspective about why he came away disappointed.

# 67 riDIRKulous41 @ 09/15/09 04:40 PM
I'm getting tired of these trailers. It's like looking at a girl who has a nice front and back side but you can't see her face to tell if the whole package is good.

# 68 GSW @ 09/15/09 04:41 PM
yall grown men baiting people.

stop it.

# 69 eko718 @ 09/15/09 04:41 PM
Noticed the new Kobe jumper... looks good... much better than in the combine.

# 70 J-Unit40 @ 09/15/09 04:42 PM
The trailer, the animations, the signature style, the song and the producer are all sick!!

Damn 2K. That's what we wanted and you gave it to us. That's how you "Take Over"

Outstanding work MoCelt!

# 71 freedom @ 09/15/09 04:42 PM
Quote:
Stumbleweed, I apologize if this comes off wrong but you sure as hell sounded excited when Live released their trailer a few weeks back. I seem to recall that Live's trailer and video blogs gave you a ton of confidence and excitement even before they had 5 on 5 videos and a demo. Not trying to say there is a bias but just something I noticed.

Your not the only one who noticed this. As someone who is constantly looking for information on these games it is kinda of funny to see the love/hate thing that is going on with some members on this site and others. 2k will have to reinvent the wheel to get some love from some people and vice versa with Live 10.

# 72 aholbert32 @ 09/15/09 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawny1983
Apples and oranges comparison in my opinion. Live 10's videos and blogs showed off specific aspects of the game.

All of 2K10's media has been the usual sizzle videos. While I enjoyed the 2K10 trailer, I can see Stumble's perspective about why he came away disappointed.

I'm talking more about the Trailer than the video blogs. The Trailer was just sizzle just like that one. I just dont remember a measured reaction like the one he is giving here. Now I could be wrong but I just dont remember it.

# 73 Goffs @ 09/15/09 04:43 PM
It says video not available....

# 74 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/15/09 04:43 PM
to say the least, I really enjoyed it!!!

# 75 Jamin23 @ 09/15/09 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom
Your not the only one who noticed this. As someone who is constantly looking for information on these games it is kinda of funny to see the love/hate thing that is going on with some members on this site and others. 2k will have to reinvent the wheel to get some love from some people and vice versa with Live 10.
Quote:
I'm talking more about the Trailer than the video blogs. The Trailer was just sizzle just like that one. I just dont remember a measured reaction like the one he is giving here. Now I could be wrong but I just dont remember it.
Okay, lets not start picking on Stumble. He wasn't impressed with the trailer so be it.

# 76 Stumbleweed @ 09/15/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawny1983

Exactly.. I can be impressed by a trailer that is showing brand new gameplay mechanics and direct comparisons showing improvements from last year's game. Aside from the putback (which we've already seen in the Combine), there was nothing like that in the trailers that 2K has released really. Nothing new here aside from pretty animations and pre-game stuff... That's the difference though, aholbert. If 2K released a video showing off their improved help defense and it looked really tight, I'd say as much.. they just haven't done anything of the sort yet, just the normal edited trailers showing the prettiest stuff they can find.

And yep, my post was totally negative.. didn't say one nice thing about the trailer. Way to paint me into a corner guys haha.. I'll stick to my 2K forums LOA until the demo drops. Haha, not even worth it.

# 77 bigsmallwood @ 09/15/09 04:46 PM
It might be soon to say "The Champ is Here!!!" that trailer was sick!!!!

* On a sidenote, I would like to see some 5 on 5 gameplay videos as well though.

But overall I am impressed...so far.

# 78 riDIRKulous41 @ 09/15/09 04:47 PM
Quote:
Exactly.. I can be impressed by a trailer that is showing brand new gameplay mechanics and direct comparisons showing improvements from last year's game. Aside from the putback (which we've already seen in the Combine), there was nothing like that in the trailers that 2K has released really. Nothing new here aside from pretty animations and pre-game stuff... That's the difference though, aholbert. If 2K released a video showing off their improved help defense and it looked really tight, I'd say as much.. they just haven't done anything of the sort yet, just the normal edited trailers showing the prettiest stuff they can find.
Agree with you 100% SW...

# 79 Stumbleweed @ 09/15/09 04:49 PM
Quote:
Because those trailers show a massive improvement form the game I spent a good amount of time with in Live 09 both visually and in terms of what you can actually do in the game (animations, extra control)? There's not a night-and-day difference with 2K10 vs 2K9 (which it totally justified), so a standard trailer isn't as impressive, simple as that.

LOL @ poster before me... uhh dude, I plan to buy both games if 2K's demo is good. No need for hyperbole. I'm a "real basketball fan", I assure you of that.

# 80 youvalss @ 09/15/09 04:51 PM
Great trailer! That Vince move under the basket was AMAZING!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.