Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 countryboy @ 11/14/09 04:55 PM
LOL...I just finished a game where the final was 2-0 me over the cpu. Nobody was making shots.

The more I get the hang of defense in this game/demo, the more that I'm enjoying it. Played another game that ended 5-4.

And I am absolutely loving the motion offense. Singlar just hit a buzzer beater on a replace the picker play. Beautiful to watch unfold and pull off.

Come on Tuesday!!!

# 282 poster @ 11/14/09 05:51 PM
Hmmm, like some things but not others. Can anyone who played last year's game touch on the speed options? Is it a slider, or just three different options? Game is too fast and herky-jerky.

How are people playing defense, just holding down the defensive help button (can't remember the exact name)? Seems tough to play D, for me at least.

Not knowing what happened after a foul (at times), not knowing which CPU player has the ball, this game still has a ways to go. I like some parts of it, but it lacks polish. Not sure on a purchase yet, wish others were getting the game early per normal so I could hear about dynasty.

# 283 chris11sg @ 11/14/09 07:05 PM
Yeah I'm still tryin to learn how to play on ball defense. I guess I'm use to having a defensive stance button on 2k8. Can anyone give me some tips? Should I be using the R1 defensive assist button or just keep my player in front of his man?

# 284 oairtucks @ 11/14/09 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
For me anyway, it would be hard to go from the gameplay of NBA 2k10 to this. The only reason I'm considering getting NCAA is I'm trying to look at it like a NBA game to a college game.

When Madden came out I stopped playing NCAA because they played the same game. Had the same engine and everything else. With this though it's truly like playing another bball game.
This is the way I'm looking at it too.

# 285 JkA3 @ 11/14/09 08:16 PM
Wow, the game is ok. But in comparison to Live, this game is weak. The player movement is not good at all. In detail, it feels like your gluiding, rather than moving with momentum.

Now I say that this is weak compared to Live. But compared to 2k10, this game is not even a factor. Compared to 2k, put it in the same catagory as NBA the Inside and NBA Unrivaled. Ok- of course that's over-stating but you get the point.
From the demo, I can be certain that sales will be low. Not hating...just saying.

# 286 countryboy @ 11/14/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11sg
Yeah I'm still tryin to learn how to play on ball defense. I guess I'm use to having a defensive stance button on 2k8. Can anyone give me some tips? Should I be using the R1 defensive assist button or just keep my player in front of his man?
I don't use the defensive assist button, as to be honest I forgot it was there.

I just do my best to stay in front of the ballhandler. If I get beat, I press the circle button(double team button) and it allows the help to rotate faster. Now does it always work? Nope, but I wouldn't expect it to.

The other thing I do is utilize the defensive matchups feature. Double teams I leave at auto for now, but I set the pressure for each player. I think its going to be key to use that feature, especially on the higher difficulties.

I hope that helps somewhat. But to be honest, its taken me about 15 or so demo games to get comfortable playing defense, and getting used to playing with the new player momentum. A few games I did nothing but grab rebounds and jack up full court shots just so that I could play defense more often.

# 287 cdj @ 11/15/09 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And I am absolutely loving the motion offense. Singlar just hit a buzzer beater on a replace the picker play. Beautiful to watch unfold and pull off.
I agree - the motion offense is great. I'm finding that running motion leads to more open players and a higher shot percentage in the demo. Obviously, it's like that in real life but it's nice to see the game reward players running sets and hitting the open man. I'm looking forward to Tuesday!

# 288 countryboy @ 11/15/09 11:32 AM
cdj, or anyone that might know, but am I missing something here? In Live, at least the demo I don't own the retail version, you could press the triangle(jump) button when running towards a jump shooter and your defender you put his hand up. But in the NCAA demo I haven't seen this. Has anyone seen this?

# 289 DJ @ 11/15/09 12:14 PM
Quote:
cdj, or anyone that might know, but am I missing something here? In Live, at least the demo I don't own the retail version, you could press the triangle(jump) button when running towards a jump shooter and your defender you put his hand up. But in the NCAA demo I haven't seen this. Has anyone seen this?
I believe if you flick up on the R-stick, your defender will put his hands up.

# 290 countryboy @ 11/15/09 12:57 PM
thanks DJ. I actually found what I was looking for.

Two things:

1) Does it annoy anyone else that when you get a defensive rebound that your PG takes off down the floor and the SG is the one that stays back to get the ball? I know its not a big deal, but it bugs me for some reason.

2) Is anyone else having trouble passing out of layup animations? Ex: I was driving down the lane after pressing R2 and square around the free throw line and the help rotated over perfectly and my C was open on my side for a dish and dunk, but I couldn't pass it to him because I was caught in a canned animation. Very frustrating. Hopefully I'm missing something.

# 291 chris11sg @ 11/15/09 01:56 PM
Quote:
thanks DJ. I actually found what I was looking for.

Two things:

1) Does it annoy anyone else that when you get a defensive rebound that your PG takes off down the floor and the SG is the one that stays back to get the ball? I know its not a big deal, but it bugs me for some reason.

2) Is anyone else having trouble passing out of layup animations? Ex: I was driving down the lane after pressing R2 and square around the free throw line and the help rotated over perfectly and my C was open on my side for a dish and dunk, but I couldn't pass it to him because I was caught in a canned animation. Very frustrating. Hopefully I'm missing something.
Maaaannnn!!!!! You just touched on two main points that been bothering me about the demo. Im guessing the PG taking off down the court has to do with running an uptempo offense. I had this same problem on 2k8 and fixed it by turning down the fast break slider. Ill try to run a more normal pace offense to see if that fixes that.

As for the passes in mid-air during shots, its really bothering me since thats the way i get most of my assists in real life and so used to doing that in video games. Like you, its not that big of a deal since I already preordered and will learn to love this game no matter what since I love college basketball!!!

# 292 countryboy @ 11/15/09 02:12 PM
Good point Chris about the PG running down court being tied to the Up-Tempo style of play. It still bugs me a bit though, as with UofL I am looking to run up and down the floor as much as possible, and I want Sosa or Siva to bring the ball up-court. Again, not a big deal.

And yeah, the locked animations for layups or even dunks when your guy is making his move to the hoop is frustrating as I can't pass out of it if the help rotates properly. Hopefully, its either a demo thing or I'm missing something.

In any event, this game is golden to me. I simply cannot wait until Tuesday, and am a little disappointed that I'm going to lose 2-3 hours of game time due to the UofL season opener.

# 293 chris11sg @ 11/15/09 02:53 PM
Yeah I feel ya country, luckily I have a game Monday night so that will take some of the anxiousness of the release date. Sucks that I have to work and go to school on Tuesday, and that ESPN will have college hoops on all day making me want to skip class and crank up the game with my Heels...

# 294 Playmakers @ 11/15/09 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The game does quite a few things better than 2K8 however there are three huge ones hanging in the balance...

1) The CPU's ability to read your D and not be robotic all the time
2) Individualism of players to help differentiate
3) Human's D effectiveness on the CPU

2K8 has the demo beat in these three areas by a long shot. How many times in the demo will the CPU pass to the guy on the block and he'll just turn and shoot regardless? I'm playing 2K8 right now (Duke/UNC to keep the comparisons easier) and Singler caught the ball on the block, Hansbrough was D'ing him well, Singler pump-faked and then passed. In EA's basketball games they shoot it every time.

The individualism we'll have to wait for the retail to see how much we can edit. The D is also up in the air with edits.

Personally I think I'll get a good amount of enjoyment from NCAA '10 but I think you're crazy if you get rid of 2K8 or think this game will make you forget about 2K8 completely - and we're just talking game play here too. Like last year my game time will probably be a 60/40 split favoring 2K8 but we'll see how much we can edit and improve the retail of NCAA '10.
That's the problem in college there way more teams and players to edit.

I did all that stuff in March Madness 08 ended up with a sick roster file people were using but in the end EA should be doing this crap not us anymore.

I had to spend nearly two months seperating player skills and things to get them to have different skill sets offensively and defensively. I had to manually edit the ratings to seperate All-American(s) from scrubs, lock down defenders from average defenders, atheletic bigs from stiffs/high risers from avg dunkers, 3-PT bombers from avg jump shooters.

All that shiiit should be scouted by EA not us anymore and yet they still release a game that feels like every single player has the same duplicate ratings accross the country again.

That's the reason why i didn't bother with 09 and the reason why NCAA 10 will be just another game I pass on again.

# 295 Playmakers @ 11/15/09 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
PM, I tested that out too and was a little discouraged at what I saw. I posted a while back that it's similar to Live where the CPU seems predetermined in who will shoot the ball. I've doubled perimeter guys when playing as UNC only to see Duke neglect finding the open man and making me pay. I've even completely backed off guys and the only position I've seen take advantage of this has been the PG.

CB, you're 100% right about the foul calls. It's hard to believe that it was not addressed. The ref will blow the whistle and you don't know what the hell is happening.

Like others have said, I'm glad there is no DNA to work off of but I know that the roster editors are going to have their hands full trying to tone down bigs speed/agility and create some athletic differences between major and mid level D1 players.
Yes the game can most likley be edited to improve several aspects of game play but unlike in NBA Live where your dealing with just 30 teams in College your dealing with 100's of teams and a sick of amount of players to research and edit to get them right.

If you understand EA's basketball engine and how their ratings work for this game you could tweak it to be somewhat improved from the base version whwn it releases but i'm upset they can't figure this stuff out themselves and don't plan on doing it anymore when i can just enjoy other sports games with better game play after all the edits.

# 296 Flightwhite24 @ 11/15/09 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
That's the problem in college there way more teams and players to edit.

I did all that stuff in March Madness 08 ended up with a sick roster file people were using but in the end EA should be doing this crap not us anymore.

I had to spend nearly two months seperating player skills and things to get them to have different skill sets offensively and defensively. I had to manually edit the ratings to seperate All-American(s) from scrubs, lock down defenders from average defenders, atheletic bigs from stiffs/high risers from avg dunkers, 3-PT bombers from avg jump shooters.

All that shiiit should be scouted by EA not us anymore and yet they still release a game that feels like every single player has the same duplicate ratings accross the country again.

That's the reason why i didn't bother with 09 and the reason why NCAA 10 will be just another game I pass on again.
I really wanted this game but I figured the ratings and the teams/players would need hours upon hours of changes to get it to even resemble the game. Gonna pass I'm sad to say. Countryboy make sure you gives us your thoughts.

# 297 ezio @ 11/15/09 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JkA3
Wow, the game is ok. But in comparison to Live, this game is weak. The player movement is not good at all. In detail, it feels like your gluiding, rather than moving with momentum.

Now I say that this is weak compared to Live. But compared to 2k10, this game is not even a factor. Compared to 2k, put it in the same catagory as NBA the Inside and NBA Unrivaled. Ok- of course that's over-stating but you get the point.
From the demo, I can be certain that sales will be low. Not hating...just saying.
that is the way I felt too. I am bigger college fan and was looking forward to it but so far I think I will just stick with NBA live for my B-Ball fix. I am going to play the demo a bit more to see if that changes but right now I don't think I will be getting it.

# 298 countryboy @ 11/15/09 05:17 PM
LOL...in all the times I've played the demo, I just found out that you can manually attempted to bank shots in.

# 299 blackngoldfan @ 11/15/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
LOL...in all the times I've played the demo, I just found out that you can manually attempted to bank shots in.
I attempted a few bank shots in the pregame shoot around, but it was very inconsistent. Is it like NBA Live where you have to move the LS in any direction while shooting the ball?

# 300 shindiana @ 11/15/09 06:40 PM
Even if users make roster to differentiate players's skillset we would still have this problem with incoming freshmen class in Dynasty mode.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.