Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Tomba @ 11/07/09 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
It's the way of the world, lol!

As much as I use to bash EA back in the day, with all my fanboy antics. I owe them a little respect, after meeting some of the guys and really understanding what they do and the technology they have to deal with. Also following their work and developers from moving to different divisions, etc.

Same way I use to follow Visual Concepts back when they were on Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn all the way to Dreamcast, Xbox 1 and 360!

These guys are using much more difficult software and hardware engines.

I worked for a engineering firm for a few years and I understand the difficulty of programming. Also I do web design and video editing, which now I just record and convert...lol.

Editing is time consuming, so I can only imagine programming a game and trying to get less errors. But these guys have done a lot of turning around their games in under 11 months. I think people should look at it like that. Because, obviously it easy to say what you want out of something, instead of understanding what can actually be done.

Time restraints and development tools and dollars play part.

But when someone who does understand defends them, then we're either secret service employees or guys who are blind.

More like we are just the sane ones who understand how things truly work in the gaming field. Same process different era!
here here and funny that this type of discussion can bring itself to the most funniest of games but it's true.

I think there has to be a choice when it comes to what a games going to be.

I'm really looking forward to hopefully seeing what this game offers us so that we can make it play more realistically MAYBE. But who knows they might've taken out that ability altogether? If they did? then i'll enjoy it like i enjoy NBA Street etc. Just like it and play it because it captures the college game spirit the way NBA Street did the street game....

# 162 jcofor25 @ 11/07/09 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcofor25
Along with BlueNGold & AuburnAlumni, I haven't really like EA's basketball animations. While they have improved drastically since MM08, its still not smooth enough. Its seems like there is a fluid animation then it goes back to programming. They have the presentation down packed, but the gameplay still needs some work.
EA has definitely raised the bar for sports games that are looking to encorporte networks graphics(aren't they the only one?). I really really really like the personal info overlay at the freethrow line. When it gets 4-5 years down the road in legacy, I really start to get to know the players on the team (hometown, first AND last names, and now major?!?).

I thought I would never ever hear two different sets on commentary in the same game. This helps keep you from hearing the same commentary over and over and over and over...(Madden 10 is notorious for this!!!!)
On the graphics side of the game its beautiful, but if your looking for a 2k CHoops replacement, you might want to keep this one on the bench until next year(no pun intended)
At second look, I actually enjoyed the demo. still didnt get the same feeling after playing Choop 2k8 for the first time. On my list this game moved up a couple spots on my wanted list, but not anything thats a 1st day buy.

# 163 hitch450 @ 11/07/09 12:49 PM
I liked the demo, and it seems like the game is gonna be better than last years, but the main problem I had with the demo was rebounding. It seems like there were a lot of offensive rebounds on both sides. When I was on defense, they would just jump over my back and get 2 or 3 offensive boards in a row and miss the put back shots before I finally got a rebound. This happened when I was on offense too. I know this can probably be fixed with sliders, but still its just so annoying...

# 164 RayAllen20 @ 11/07/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Do some of you work for EA? This is one funny post^^^
Yo we understand you hate the game. Now if your gonna complain just go to 2ks forum. Your ruining this game for us. I completely respect the idea that you don't like the game, and posted an impression about it. But do you have to continuosly keep bashing it. Just post your impression, don't buy it, and move on.

You guys act like you could develop a better game. I used to do this also, but I criticized every game, about how they couldn't add this and this. Or most people yell get a new engine. Like there are just engines lying around lol. This game doesn't get the attention and money Madden or NBA Live does to improve. And the fact that they revolutionized sports gaming with Broadcast Integration.

Everyone just bashes EA because they are rich. When did everyone come to the conclusion that EA is so rich. And everyone loves 2k. If someone beats up on 2k, 5 people jump on you. But those people continue to call this game an arcade game, or all robotic.

And do not call me an EA lover, because I play mostly 2k games. College Hoops 2k8 was my favorite sports game of all time. Of all time. NFL 2K5 was second. But I don't bash EA games. If you don't like the game, leave the forum. Sorry about that little rant.

# 165 ehh @ 11/07/09 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitch450
I liked the demo, and it seems like the game is gonna be better than last years, but the main problem I had with the demo was rebounding. It seems like there were a lot of offensive rebounds on both sides. When I was on defense, they would just jump over my back and get 2 or 3 offensive boards in a row and miss the put back shots before I finally got a rebound. This happened when I was on offense too. I know this can probably be fixed with sliders, but still its just so annoying...
I'm thrilled to hear they improved this, last year it was awful. I could take UConn against any low major and I'd be lucky to get three offensive boards all game.

# 166 Eski33 @ 11/07/09 03:41 PM
The demo is excellent and should help to move the game....The visuals are much improved, including the animations...Saw one of my players tip a rebound to himself.

Also, the shake cam comes into effect when you take the lead, which is cool. The controls feel pretty solid, much improved over last year's mess.

The game pretty much feels like Live but the feel is geared towards college. The other thing you will notice is that the players are a touch smaller so the spacing is much better than Live.

Running the motion offense is fun and to see guys fight through screens is outstanding...

# 167 JVal3208 @ 11/07/09 04:17 PM
I'm just here to give my unbiased opinion, I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything. This game is not good IMO. The animations are worse than Live's, and once again I feel like I can pull off the same moves with my PF that I can with my PG. Maybe I can get into it after playing it more, but the animations are just killing me. The game just doesn't have an authentic feel to it.

After last year, I don't even know why I considered this game, 09 may be the worst 360 game I've purchased. I like the fact that it is far better than 09, but does that automatically make it good? It's nice that alot of you guys are enjoying this game, but after playing it so far, I don't feel I will be purchasing it. I just can't pay 60 bucks for this game without feeling shafted. Maybe I'll scoop it up for 30 on Black Friday to get my College Hoops fix. Just my opinion.

# 168 vanderbiltfan87 @ 11/07/09 04:32 PM
Anybody notice the hiccup when a player shoots a free throw and his stats are shown, the S in Rebounds is cut off?

# 169 countryboy @ 11/07/09 05:49 PM
Quote:
Stop stating your opinion your ruining the game for people....................
there......fixed your post.

Oh, and he's, nor anyone, is ruining the game for me. I'm still getting it, still excited about getting it, and am counting the days until I can tip off my season.

# 170 RayAllen20 @ 11/07/09 05:50 PM
I know for a fact I will love this game. I'm not a big dynasty guy, I'm a big gameplay guy. And this game has better gameplay than CH 2K8 imo. So why wouldn't I play it over the other one. It's just annoying when we are giving impressions all we see is you saying this game stinks, the developers are awful, they should added this and this and this. If you hate the game, and won't buy it why are you still posting here?

And that other guy isn't against the game. He is asking us a serious question about hiccups. He's not continuosly whining like you are. And to answer his questions, I haven't had any hiccups although it seems like a lot of people have had. What are these hiccups like? Is it framerate? Stop in sound? Game freezes for a second? It could just possibly be a problem with the demo, and not with the retail. I know that CBS actually used to have hiccups in their real presentation, lol.

# 171 babythug23 @ 11/07/09 06:56 PM
Hows the Post game? Downloading now

# 172 RayAllen20 @ 11/07/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
Hows the Post game? Downloading now
Its decent, nothing too special. It aint no NBA 2K10. Their post game is deep. But it isn't terrible.

# 173 The 24th Letter @ 11/07/09 07:22 PM
Quote:
The animation where you're driving the lane and take 2 steps, get contact, but before the contact your player regathers themselves and takes an extra step, is there. I HATE this animation with a passion.
Needs to be removed from all EA basketball games next year without question....

# 174 JVal3208 @ 11/07/09 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
there......fixed your post.

Oh, and he's, nor anyone, is ruining the game for me. I'm still getting it, still excited about getting it, and am counting the days until I can tip off my season.
Exactly. What I posted was my personal opinion, mine nor anyone elses impressions should sway anyone away from a game, just one perspective. And now that I have played it more, I am liking the game. Posts like his were unnecessary.

# 175 HustlinOwl @ 11/07/09 08:47 PM
I have not played the demo, PS3 user. With that being said I would never let a demo sway my decision on purchasing a game.

# 176 KG @ 11/07/09 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Needs to be removed from all EA basketball games next year without question....
Yeah 24...I just don't see how that can pass through 2 dev teams. I know in Live that you have to use angles to limit the contact animations but until you're good on the sticks this animation makes me cringe every time. I dont know how it could pass the eye test.

To me it feels like a watered down version, sped up version of Live. Half court offense and spacing is beautiful and you can get out on the break but after that it feels very unpolished.

I always felt like the college series should feel more polished than their pro counterparts but so far with the demo I feel like it's less polished than Live's demo.

For all of my negative impressions I can live with it's current state if the dynasty mode is deep.

# 177 countryboy @ 11/07/09 09:17 PM
Quote:
So what I have posted is not deemed in the light of personal opinion? You guys posts are becoming racked with ambiguity and are getting funnier by the minute.

Honestly I hope you guys love this game and you play to your hearts are content, its apparent that many of you have a glass is half full approach for the " little game that could" and I respect that "questioned positivty". I have major qualms with this game( the non control of deadball substitutions being one of them) that are too much for me to stand. I wanted this game to be good because college bastketball is my favorite sport, perhaps that is why my opinions are so strong. I hope you enjoy it, but if you pay 60 dollars for this game in 2009 your getting ripped off.

Peace
Nobody said your posts weren't your opinion. But when you state that one's opinion is truth, thats ridiculous.

And why even make the comment thats bolded?

# 178 blackngoldfan @ 11/08/09 12:06 AM
I was having fun with the demo, but it's it's too scripted to continue enjoying it. No matter what, #55 subs in for #5 at the first dead ball. Why is a starter with no fouls or fatigue being subbed so fast? PF's and C player models are too bulky. They look like D linemen. On a positive note, the game runs like silk compared to the frame rate nightmares of the previous NCAA bball games. The crowd looks awesome. I'm glad to see that the whole student section doesn't jump the whole game. I can't wait to see what the atmosphere is like in other buildings.

# 179 Playmakers @ 11/08/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
So what I have posted is not deemed in the light of personal opinion? You guys posts are becoming racked with ambiguity and are getting funnier by the minute.

Honestly I hope you guys love this game and you play to your hearts are content, its apparent that many of you have a glass is half full approach for the " little game that could" and I respect that "questioned positivty". I have major qualms with this game( the non control of deadball substitutions being one of them) that are too much for me to stand. I wanted this game to be good because college bastketball is my favorite sport, perhaps that is why my opinions are so strong. I hope you enjoy it, but if you pay 60 dollars for this game in 2009 your getting ripped off.

Peace
I'm with you there's no way n hell this game should be sold for $60 bucks.

I think some of these guys are delusional because this game doesn't showcase college basketball at all to me. I played 3 games and deleted the shiiit off my hard drive because I simply couldn't take the sub par gameplay let alone the terrible animations.

One would think that EA after 3-4 years could just say screw the current animation system it ain't working.

I don't care if it's the only college b-ball out they aren't getting my money this year. They hosed me in years past and i would always assume the final version is was going to better than the demo well it wasn't any better than the demo versions and highly doubt it changes this year.

Plain and simple this game is for guys who enjoy nice graphics. In regards to game play and individual players this game blows based on the demo.

I'll give it 1-2 months and you'll see guys complaining about 50 things in the gameplay department. Then they'll probably have minor upgrades in Dynasty mode and still sale it for $60.............

I still can't believe they have UNC's style of play all screwed up.

# 180 RayAllen20 @ 11/08/09 08:52 AM
I don't get some of you guys telling me it's not worth $60. It maybe isn't to you guys, but it definitely is to me. The gameplay is better than CH2K8 and it has college teams. Awesome. Plus I have a created league I am going to do, and probably create college players also. I won't use dynasty mode just quick play, and tournament mode. So I don't care about dynasty. The gameplay is very good to me, so don't try and convince me it's not. There are a few minor problems, but they can be fixed in a patch. If the speed is a problem for every player feeling the same, I will do a roster project downgrading people's speed and agility to help other people. For example, I will downgrade Zoubeks speed until he is extremely slow compared to guards. I will also lower his ball handling, agility, and other things tremendously. If NCAA 10 is doing roster updates then possibly they could do this themselves.

To me this game is worth $60, so don't go trying to tell me it's not. It's my opinion, and I'm fine with your opinion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.