Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ehh @ 11/05/09 02:04 PM
November 19th for the PS3? Doesn't the game come out November 17th?

# 2 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
LMAO!!!

Well then...I guess I'll try out the demo after I buy the game.

# 3 ehh @ 11/05/09 02:10 PM
Funny stuff.

I'm going to my boy's place tomorrow night to watch the Knicks/Cavs game and he has a 360 so at least I'll be able to test it out.

# 4 Drocks @ 11/05/09 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Okay, that's just messed up there lol. How you gonna release the demo after the game comes out?? LOL

# 5 bowld @ 11/05/09 02:12 PM
wow EA..as a ps3 owner im pissed!

# 6 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:14 PM
whats funny is that EA just released a blog today talking about the demo, the teams, whats available, and the fact that it will release tomorrow..Nov. 6th. I guess they were keeping it a secret from themselves.

# 7 Teddy_Long @ 11/05/09 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
LMAO!!!

Well then...I guess I'll try out the demo after I buy the game.
that's hilarious. i guess they can play the demo and then go out and directly buy it. lol

# 8 poster @ 11/05/09 02:16 PM
Anyone know if you can get a free month of gold when creating a new account?

Anyone want to check and see if anything is shown or discussed about Dynasty on one of the load screens or feature sections? Thanks.

# 9 RayAllen20 @ 11/05/09 02:17 PM
haha its not EA, its Microsoft and Sony. Microsoft always does a better job of releasing games earlier, while Sony releases them like 2 weeks later lol.

Anyway I'm downloadin the game right now.

# 10 ehh @ 11/05/09 02:18 PM
Cool RA20, def give us some impressions. Do you own Live or is this year first dabble into EA's basketball offerings for 2009?

# 11 ExtremeGamer @ 11/05/09 02:20 PM

# 12 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:23 PM
for the PS3 owners...I wouldn't start jumping off ledges just yet. The PSN hasn't updated for the day yet, so there is still the possbility that the demo will be out today. But if not, then find your nearest ledge and.....well you know.

# 13 ehh @ 11/05/09 02:23 PM
Ndazone, so you're gonna take it out on EA and this game because Sony takes forever on their end?

# 14 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:24 PM
Looking forward to impressions EG...as I know you own Live so it will be good to see the similarities and differences.

# 15 Mo @ 11/05/09 02:24 PM
Thanks. Downloading now, havent played a CBB game since 2k7.

# 16 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Ndazone, so you're gonna take it out on EA and this game because Sony takes forever on their end?
Is it possible that MS ponied up the dough for a 2 week exclusive? They've done it before, but I don't recall it ever happening on an EA sports title.

# 17 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/05/09 02:25 PM
Just ran home to turn on the concole. I'll let everyone know what it's like.

# 18 soupmama @ 11/05/09 02:27 PM
Got it, Played it, Loved it (skipped last year so the improvements seem quite noticeable for me). The problem for me is........ although I'm a sports game junkie...... Modern Warfare 2 is liable to OWN me for the next few months......... and without Online Dynasty i don't see this intriguing me for long.

But... I am impressed!

# 19 countryboy @ 11/05/09 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmama
Got it, Played it, Loved it (skipped last year so the improvements seem quite noticeable for me). The problem for me is........ although I'm a sports game junkie...... Modern Warfare 2 is liable to OWN me for the next few months......... and without Online Dynasty i don't see this intriguing me for long.

But... I am impressed!
care to go into detail?

# 20 soupmama @ 11/05/09 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
care to go into detail?
I thought about going into detail but I may be jaded due to not playing last year's game --- so for the sake of not getting burned a la "That was in the game LAST year a-hole!" I decided not to.

But I will elaborate:
The game speed, camera angle/distance, and college atmosphere seem to be what differentiate this from this year's live. It seems really well done and I noticed the flow of the game while passing the rock quickly between players (like a lot of college teams do but few NBA teams do) really stood out to me. In my game the CPU felt more like I was playing a human being for the first time ever in a hoops game. Basically the CPU seemed much more random and less easy to predict. They also changed up their defense a LOT. They'd be in a half court defense one possession but the very next possession I got hit by a nasty half court trap and turned the ball over. More later, i'ma play again!

« Previous1234567891516Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.