Home
News Post

EA has released the patch for Fight Night Round 4. Post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Rawdeal28 @ 12/03/09 06:44 AM
PATCH IS OUT FOR PS3!!!!!

# 22 tyreeii @ 12/03/09 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
PATCH IS OUT FOR PS3!!!!!
GREAT!!! I guess they just released the patch. I tried last night (10pm ESt) and there was no patch.

# 23 utexas @ 12/03/09 09:41 AM
ok I wasn't going crazy

# 24 DaveDQ @ 12/03/09 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I definitely noticed a difference in stamina, and maybe I'm bugging but it seems like the counter window has been shortened a little bit too. A lot of the punches that I usually get counter shots on were either being blocked, dodged, or landed without the counter effect. I was still getting counters but they seemed more appropriate than in the past. Pretty good stuff on EA's end.
I agree on that, especially in that some counter punches seem to just land without that full blow feel. I like that. The counter window needs to be faster and less "power punch" feel. I know that if a guy misses there is a pause and he's open for pain, but FN4 seems to accentuate that too much.

# 25 Bamtino @ 12/03/09 11:02 AM
I don't know how it plays online because i have no interest in ever jumping into that cesspool of cheese but man does this game play like a dream offline...

We can finally move in the ring and jab...they also really reduced the counter window which was a big annoyance against the cpu...No need to turn CPU defense all the way down to 1 to avoid the constant jab stuns now...

Had 3 bouts and i absolutely love it...

Good job EA

# 26 DaveDQ @ 12/03/09 01:19 PM
True, spam is still there. I still can't stop the aggressive fighters. It's in the blocking but sadly I can't.

# 27 born_bad @ 12/03/09 01:22 PM
I played about 5 matches last night and there are improvements. Most noticeably is the better footwork and actually being able to step away from spammers now.

Some things I was a little disappointed with, though:

Everyone I played against chose Ali. It's either coincidence or there's something better about using Ali now for some reason.

I had 1 guy still doing the contstant weave move and there didn't seem to be any real penalty for it. It became nearly impossible for me to connect with any type of head shot. I was using Foreman and I was able to get him swollen, but it was really tough. So, I had to work the body all match and he still had plenty of stamina it seemed. His combos were slower, but he could still pull them off late in the fight. I was under the impression the weaving would resuly in more fatigue post patch and constant body shots from Foreman should have you gasping, not still throwing 5 - 6 punch combos with ease. With all the weaving he was doing, he managed to cacth me twice with flash knock downs as a result of counter right crosses.

I played another guy that threw over 150 haymakers and again I worked the body alot. He still had enough juice to get a knock down on me in the 8th. Maenwhile, I didn't throw any hay makers, chose my punches, hit a high %, and I couldn't get him stunned for some reason. I was Foreman again, so power isn't the issue.

I won my other matches, but overall I was a little disappointed to see peopel can still throw haymakers constantly and have enough juice 8 rounds later to knock you out.

# 28 sva91 @ 12/03/09 01:26 PM
Is the counter window still therte on jabs?? This is my biggest gripe with the game...hoping they at least toned it way down. Also, can we purchase DLH separately or does it only allow him to be bought through the package??

# 29 BlueNGold @ 12/03/09 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Is the counter window still therte on jabs?? This is my biggest gripe with the game...hoping they at least toned it way down. Also, can we purchase DLH separately or does it only allow him to be bought through the package??
Pretty sure the counter window is gone on jabs now and yeah I think we can purchase the new DLC fighters separately.

# 30 rayfieleous @ 12/03/09 02:34 PM
this game is even more fake now the aggressive fighter is penalized because all the defensive fighter has to do is lean back and block up or down this will become the new tactic online also ea needs to add true lower body movement to this game because you can throw power punches without your feet being set and from bad angles also ea needs to add head phyics to this game when your opponent lans punches to your head some of the punches you throw should miss but on here you can have to guys throw 10 straights right in are row at the same time without taking a step forward and connect on each thats too dumb if your dont believe me grab

# 31 rayfieleous @ 12/03/09 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfieleous
this game is even more fake now the aggressive fighter is penalized because all the defensive fighter has to do is lean back and block up or down this will become the new tactic online also ea needs to add true lower body movement to this game because you can throw power punches without your feet being set and from bad angles also ea needs to add head phyics to this game when your opponent lans punches to your head some of the punches you throw should miss but on here you can have to guys throw 10 straights right in are row at the same time without taking a step forward and connect on each thats too dumb if your dont believe me grab
anyone who has spared at least once knows you cant more than 1 right without steping also jabs count for nothing and do no dmg i lost to a guy today who threw 5 jabs and just lean back i would love to see what happens to a guy in real life who stays lean back u cant throw a punch with power from that postion period

# 32 Chef Matt @ 12/03/09 02:56 PM
Quote:
Quote:
anyone who has spared at least once knows you cant more than 1 right without steping also jabs count for nothing and do no dmg i lost to a guy today who threw 5 jabs and just lean back i would love to see what happens to a guy in real life who stays lean back u cant throw a punch with power from that postion period

hmm interesting.

# 33 Bamtino @ 12/03/09 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
It's still there but jab stuns don't happen as frequently anymore...You can actually use the the jab effectively now against the CPU...

The stun block in general has been toned down quite a bit...

# 34 DaveDQ @ 12/03/09 03:05 PM
Quote:
EA also needs to add proper punctuation.

# 35 rayfieleous @ 12/03/09 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
EA also needs to add proper punctuation.
yeah im a truck driver not an english teacher grow up

# 36 Po Pimp @ 12/03/09 03:12 PM
One subtle thing they could have fixed...the same way they make stamina go down for continuing to run, or spam upper body movement...they should make health deplete at a higher rate for accumulation of punches. Like each successive punch should deplete damage at a higher rate than the previous punch. There's no reason a boxer should be able to take 5 consecutive flush punches without being hurt.

# 37 Chef Matt @ 12/03/09 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
One subtle thing they could have fixed...the same way they make stamina go down for continuing to run, or spam upper body movement...they should make health deplete at a higher rate for accumulation of punches. Like each successive punch should deplete damage at a higher rate than the previous punch. There's no reason a boxer should be able to take 5 consecutive flush punches without being hurt.
You know I've always thought the same thing. I notice sometimes against the cpu where I'll hit them 5-6 times flush power shots and it only takes a little damage.

On the other hand I have done that and knocked a few guys down too though. But yeah should knock down health like a stun shot does.

# 38 USF11 @ 12/03/09 03:21 PM
Why can't we edit existing fighters? This was the big thing this patch was going to address?

Is that part of the paid d/l with Hopkins and Liston?

# 39 Phobia @ 12/03/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
yeah im a truck driver not an english teacher grow up
You will be amazed at how much more "adult" and "professional" something looks if you write clear and in a well spoken manner.

oh and its English

# 40 DaveDQ @ 12/03/09 03:51 PM
Probably the best part of this patch is watching a stunned guy stand there and not move or block or anything. You know exactly what's happening. He's trying to headbutt. Someone mentioned it earlier...you know they are going to town on that controller thinking, "WTF?!?"

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.