Home
News Post

EA has released the patch for Fight Night Round 4. Post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 cjkool69 @ 12/11/09 06:08 PM
Played FNR4 online (PS3) for the first time today. First match in WC was a pretty good fight. It came down to a decision and my opponent won. Well anyway this guy was 254-132 I think and was pretty good with the head movement. I was sticking and moving with jabs and combinations. Sometimes I would get him with an uppercut that made him back up. Both men were beat up after the fight. Right after the decision, I get a message calling me a coward for running. Im like WTF? He wanted me to stand there and go toe to toe with him throughout the whole fight. I guess he was hoping to constantly get the counter window to pop up.

# 102 acts238shaun @ 12/11/09 06:10 PM
Ignore these d-bags. If he wants a bunch of brawling and quick fights to serve his lack of an attention span, he can go to UFC. Boxing isn't always Gatti Ward, it's also hit and be hit. Morons.

# 103 cjkool69 @ 12/11/09 09:08 PM
LOL I think i am done with FNR4 online play. The button spammers are ridiculous on there. They need a feature on there that separates the button and stick players.

Also the foot speed is way too fast. It feels like im skating around ring

# 104 DaveDQ @ 12/12/09 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Ignore these d-bags. If he wants a bunch of brawling and quick fights to serve his lack of an attention span, he can go to UFC. Boxing isn't always Gatti Ward, it's also hit and be hit. Morons.
I think that's the main issue I have with the game right now. Because FN4 allows huge blows to be made, and because recovery is quick, you aren't rewarded for sticking and moving like you should be. Your only hope is to go all 10 rounds and win by decision.

Imagine if we could move around the ring and place jabs and then hit with a big counter punch and ruin the opponent for the fight. You jut can't do that in FN4. For starters, the knockdowns are too predictable. It's a given that the first knockdown will result in the guy getting up. The next level would be to base the ability to get up on how successful the punch was.

But, that would lose a lot of players. People want to see the big punches and FN4 is very forgiving if you get hit with multiple body/headshots.

# 105 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/13/09 08:20 PM
I fought Tombsong today for the first time since the patch dropped. We've had good fights in the past, but not having that suction effect anymore makes so much of a difference. I need to start recording some of these battles because they've been pretty epic.

Before I played Tomb, there wasn't anyone online, so I decided to play some WC mode. The first two matches I played were awesome. My opponents boxed well and it ended up being a real chess match. In my final fight I ran across a bum. His defense was horrible and he threw pretty much nothing but haymakers. I just stayed out of his range and popped him with a million jabs while he tried to wind up for the big punch. Eventually I got tired of that so I swarmed him and threw a lot of combinations. He didn't feel that too much though, because he hit me with two headbutts when I did this.

I didn't want to catch another headbutt, so I went back to staying within jabs length for a while. For 3 rounds or so he kept backing up and throwing the same haymaker hook over and over again. I didn't want this guy to make it to the cards so I decided to go back to my swarm strategy and finish him off. Once I got him in the corner and unleashed some combos he hit me with another headbutt and I got the DQ win.

When I looked at my profile after the fight it said that my character, Walter Brown, was 3-0 with 3 KO's. Apparently they give you the KO win when someone does that. Not sure if that's always been the case, but that was cool to see. There's really no point in guys purposely getting DQ'd if the result is still gonna be the same. I really don't get some people.

Despite the last guy, I enjoyed my fights against randoms today. I think I might play more WC mode now.

# 106 HotSauce2k3 @ 12/14/09 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I fought Tombsong today for the first time since the patch dropped. We've had good fights in the past, but not having that suction effect anymore makes so much of a difference. I need to start recording some of these battles because they've been pretty epic.

Before I played Tomb, there wasn't anyone online, so I decided to play some WC mode. The first two matches I played were awesome. My opponents boxed well and it ended up being a real chess match. In my final fight I ran across a bum. His defense was horrible and he threw pretty much nothing but haymakers. I just stayed out of his range and popped him with a million jabs while he tried to wind up for the big punch. Eventually I got tired of that so I swarmed him and threw a lot of combinations. He didn't feel that too much though, because he hit me with two headbutts when I did this.

I didn't want to catch another headbutt, so I went back to staying within jabs length for a while. For 3 rounds or so he kept backing up and throwing the same haymaker hook over and over again. I didn't want this guy to make it to the cards so I decided to go back to my swarm strategy and finish him off. Once I got him in the corner and unleashed some combos he hit me with another headbutt and I got the DQ win.

When I looked at my profile after the fight it said that my character, Walter Brown, was 3-0 with 3 KO's. Apparently they give you the KO win when someone does that. Not sure if that's always been the case, but that was cool to see. There's really no point in guys purposely getting DQ'd if the result is still gonna be the same. I really don't get some people.

Despite the last guy, I enjoyed my fights against randoms today. I think I might play more WC mode now.
That is good news about the DQs counting as KOs. My stats are way skewed because of too many opponents taking the easy way out.

# 107 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/14/09 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
That is good news about the DQs counting as KOs. My stats are way skewed because of too many opponents taking the easy way out.
Yup. Fought another headbutter who got intentionally DQ'd this morning. Another KO win.

# 108 DaveDQ @ 12/14/09 10:36 AM
Quick question. When you guys pull back from your opponent, do you tap the stick to the left or do you hold it to the left? I'm still finding myself getting glued in. Not always but sometimes, but I'm wondering if I should tap a few times to back out instead of holding the stick to the left.

# 109 rspencer86 @ 12/14/09 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
That's a really good idea. You should post this spreadsheet!
We should put it on Google Docs so all OS'ers could provide and view info on the people they match up against online.

# 110 DaveDQ @ 12/14/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
We should put it on Google Docs so all OS'ers could provide and view info on the people they match up against online.
Very good idea.

# 111 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/15/09 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Quick question. When you guys pull back from your opponent, do you tap the stick to the left or do you hold it to the left? I'm still finding myself getting glued in. Not always but sometimes, but I'm wondering if I should tap a few times to back out instead of holding the stick to the left.
I never tap the stick, I always hold it to the left.

# 112 DaveDQ @ 12/15/09 05:25 PM
Quote:
I never tap the stick, I always hold it to the left.
Thanks.

I just had a great fight in WC mode. He was a French guy and a very competitive player. we went 9 rounds with the cards in his favor, but in rounds 7-9 I went all to my stamina, with little health. The goal was to not get countered. If that happened I'd be history. It paid off and I knocked him down twice in the ninth. He could not get up the second time.

Something I learned from this fight is better body movement. I'm doing a better job of weaving in and out. I never thought I'd enjoy this game so much. Even in the tough losses, I sometimes get frustrated, but I'm having a great time.

I'm currently ranked in the 1400's in middleweight. Not too shabby. The goal right now is to get under 1000.

# 113 Flightwhite24 @ 12/15/09 09:17 PM
Picked this baby up last week for the PS3 and finally got my 1st online game in. I was Leonard vs Chavez. I put him down at the end of the 6th and middle of the 7th. The guy quit on me. I'm not very good as of yet but I do jab a lot to try and keep the body-bangers from getting in to close.

Overall it was a fun bout. I just don't get why guys quit when losing online no matter what the sport

# 114 rspencer86 @ 12/15/09 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Picked this baby up last week for the PS3 and finally got my 1st online game in. I was Leonard vs Chavez. I put him down at the end of the 6th and middle of the 7th. The guy quit on me. I'm not very good as of yet but I do jab a lot to try and keep the body-bangers from getting in to close.

Overall it was a fun bout. I just don't get why guys quit when losing online no matter what the sport
I don't get a lot of stuff people do while playing games online. Quitting, cheesing, glitching... what is the point, and how is that fun?

# 115 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/15/09 10:03 PM
Quote:
Thanks.

I just had a great fight in WC mode. He was a French guy and a very competitive player. we went 9 rounds with the cards in his favor, but in rounds 7-9 I went all to my stamina, with little health. The goal was to not get countered. If that happened I'd be history. It paid off and I knocked him down twice in the ninth. He could not get up the second time.

Something I learned from this fight is better body movement. I'm doing a better job of weaving in and out. I never thought I'd enjoy this game so much. Even in the tough losses, I sometimes get frustrated, but I'm having a great time.

I'm currently ranked in the 1400's in middleweight. Not too shabby. The goal right now is to get under 1000.
We're gonna have to get some fights in sometime. Always looking for some good people to box with.

# 116 ZB9 @ 12/15/09 10:20 PM
are Real Deal and the other new boxers available for 360 owners yet?

# 117 BlueNGold @ 12/15/09 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
are Real Deal and the other new boxers available for 360 owners yet?
Not getting put back up until January.

# 118 DaveDQ @ 12/16/09 08:36 AM
Quote:
I don't get a lot of stuff people do while playing games online. Quitting, cheesing, glitching... what is the point, and how is that fun?
I think that's one of the mysteries of gaming. I suppose it's immaturity.

Quote:
We're gonna have to get some fights in sometime. Always looking for some good people to box with.
Sure thing. I really wish we could get some type of legitimate structure going. Nothing that requires multiple fights a week, but something we could do where matches are created almost like how boxing is now. Not 3 fights a year, but if we put it together correctly, we could have a legitimate online legacy mode of our own.

Just in my experience, leagues start out strong and then fade out. I think this game has defined itself as to what it is now. It's enjoyable. The create a boxer mode is deep enough to benefit from and the online is smooth and dependable. If we did it on the basis of not rushing things I'd be willing to help out.

# 119 Chef Matt @ 12/16/09 09:02 AM
Quote:
The age old question there. "How is that fun"...I don't understand it myself.

# 120 rspencer86 @ 12/16/09 11:38 AM
Quote:
Sure thing. I really wish we could get some type of legitimate structure going. Nothing that requires multiple fights a week, but something we could do where matches are created almost like how boxing is now. Not 3 fights a year, but if we put it together correctly, we could have a legitimate online legacy mode of our own.

Just in my experience, leagues start out strong and then fade out. I think this game has defined itself as to what it is now. It's enjoyable. The create a boxer mode is deep enough to benefit from and the online is smooth and dependable. If we did it on the basis of not rushing things I'd be willing to help out.
We need to make this happen. Could be awesome if we get a bunch of regulars involved.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.