Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is now available for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 DGuinta1 @ 12/18/09 01:42 PM
are int's up? I know I stink but still

# 242 DGuinta1 @ 12/18/09 02:49 PM
How is Jarred Allen rated higher then Dware!

# 243 RavensFan2k3 @ 12/18/09 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
My bad, I thought it was different from Hardcore to Advanced with pre-snap controls. I guess what I meant was that Advanced has the pre-snap controls on the screen where Hardcore you need to press a button to bring them up.

Is that part true?
are you sure? i remember i kept switching between hardcore and advanced to see if I could notice a difference. There wasnt any visual differences...

# 244 capn_razzamataz @ 12/19/09 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
How is Jarred Allen rated higher then Dware!
Allen - 12.5 sacks this season
Ware - 9.0 sacks this season

# 245 roadman @ 12/19/09 11:56 AM
Played a game last night which two things occurred that occur very rarely, but I'm living proof they occurred.

1. A PI was called against the CPU.
2. The CPU challenged a fumble. The CPU was ahead at the time, 17 to 13.

# 246 Brandwin @ 12/19/09 09:54 PM
Did they do something to the draft classes? In my offline franchises I had a certain draft class. When I started an offline franchise and simmed the first year and the draft class is different.

# 247 RavensFan2k3 @ 12/20/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Did they do something to the draft classes? In my offline franchises I had a certain draft class. When I started an offline franchise and simmed the first year and the draft class is different.
what do you mean its different? you had a certain draft class...do you mean like a draft class from the ncaa game?

# 248 Hammerhunker @ 12/21/09 08:09 AM
Why is it that receivers running a comeback route go through the real motion of coming to stop on the cut where the DB can actually be ahead of the receiver but make the cut (without stopping) on the ball before the receiver? I thought that was supposed to be addressed, maybe I am mistaken.

# 249 RGiles36 @ 12/21/09 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Why is it that receivers running a comeback route go through the real motion of coming to stop on the cut where the DB can actually be ahead of the receiver but make the cut (without stopping) on the ball before the receiver? I thought that was supposed to be addressed, maybe I am mistaken.
The DB's do a few things that they shouldn't be able to. I still despise when they are able to effortlessly cut off routes and unless you lower the INT slider, it's an easy pick. Hopefully, more momentum and foot planting corrects this in M11.

# 250 Titus001 @ 12/21/09 12:37 PM
Yards per carry seem messed up in this patch.

# 251 RayAllen20 @ 12/22/09 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
To prevent this you need to put your defensive pass reaction at 45. I've done many tests with this slider, to make sure defenders didn't psychically know the routes, and corners could still shut down top guys.

For example, I went into practice mode and played against Darrelle Revis with Heyward-Bey. Revis never psychically ran Heyward-Bey's route, but always jumped his routes right when Heyward-Bey showed any signs of what route he was running. Out of 15 routes, Heyward-Bey caught one pass. Pretty good.

Then I battled Asomugha, and he shut down Braylon Edwards except Edwards had one 30 yard TD catch (out of 15 throws). Then I attacked the Raider's 2nd corner back and Cotchery had a somewhat easy time getting open against him. With 15 attempts he had 7 receptions for like 80 yards. Pretty good results, I'd use this if you aren't online.

# 252 Hammerhunker @ 12/23/09 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
To prevent this you need to put your defensive pass reaction at 45. I've done many tests with this slider, to make sure defenders didn't psychically know the routes, and corners could still shut down top guys.

For example, I went into practice mode and played against Darrelle Revis with Heyward-Bey. Revis never psychically ran Heyward-Bey's route, but always jumped his routes right when Heyward-Bey showed any signs of what route he was running. Out of 15 routes, Heyward-Bey caught one pass. Pretty good.

Then I battled Asomugha, and he shut down Braylon Edwards except Edwards had one 30 yard TD catch (out of 15 throws). Then I attacked the Raider's 2nd corner back and Cotchery had a somewhat easy time getting open against him. With 15 attempts he had 7 receptions for like 80 yards. Pretty good results, I'd use this if you aren't online.
Ok, thanks Bud. I had once dropped that setting from default down to like 35 I think but didn't do any testing. I guess you wouldn't want to drop it too much for obvious reasons. I appreciate the time to explain your findings. I'm sure this will help.

# 253 Herky @ 12/23/09 06:37 PM
Some things I don't like:

CPU runs out of bounds at times on screen passes.

Clock still runs sometimes after a player is tackled out of bounds.

Robo QB pops up often.

Franchise stats are terrible and I don't like the tackle numbers. EA needs to get the Head Coach guy more involved in franchise. It's better, but needs work.

Overall I still like the gameplay and think the patch was good. I doubt another one will be put out but they missed some glaring issues.

# 254 Spanky @ 12/25/09 04:22 PM
My 2 cents after playing about six games after the second patch:

The word that comes to mind when I'm playing is tight. Just seems more solid. Like I'm rewarded for making good plays and punished for making bad ones. Not a lot of cheap stuff.

Major improvement after the first patch, which was a travesty.

The out of bounds glitch, where a receiver is ruled out even though he's clearly in, happens occasionally and I just chalk it up to a blown call. Not a game-killer.

A few replays still get cut short when trying to save them, which can be frustrating when you make a big play. But it's only on occasion and not a biggie.

Fixing of the pursuit angles was huge. Every INT no long is an automatic pick-6 requiring house rules. And players can be tracked down after breaking long runs.

Also, great to see that fixed KO returns, which were being taken back to the house far too often after patch No. 2.

Haven't adjusted the sliders yet. But the pre-patch ones seem to be working good. Need more penalties, for sure, and the fumbles could be upped a bit, too.

Overall, just a fun game to play. First time I can say that about a Madden on next gen.

One more thing: I continue to be amazed by Collinsworth's commentary. They did an outstanding job here. I'll make a bad play and immediately think, "I should have done this or that, or cut to the outside, or whatever,'' and lo and behold, that's what Collinsworth will say I should have done.

# 255 billharris44 @ 12/25/09 11:35 PM
For those of you playing in Franchise mode, have you seen what looks to be a bug with contracts? If I try to re-sign a player during the season, the per-year breakdown on the left side of the contract screen doesn't add up to the total offer amount on the right side.

Here's what I mean. If I offer a guy a four year contract like this:
Year 1: 1 million salary, 200k bonus
Year 2: 1 million salary, 200k bonus
Year 3: 1 million salary, 200k bonus
Year 4: 1 million salary, 200k bonus

In total, that's a 4.8 million dollar contract. But the offer screen on the bottom right will tell me that the offer is larger--maybe six million. It doesn't match. So I don't know what I'm actually offering the player, or what the payout per-year will be, because the offers seem to be different.

Am I going crazy or is this new since the second patch?

# 256 loccdogg26 @ 12/27/09 08:00 AM
One thing I noticed I was playing a guy online and he had the Steelers and they had on their Super Bowl patches on the uniforms. Not a game killer just something I saw.

# 257 billharris44 @ 12/27/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
For those of you playing in Franchise mode, have you seen what looks to be a bug with contracts? If I try to re-sign a player during the season, the per-year breakdown on the left side of the contract screen doesn't add up to the total offer amount on the right side.

In total, that's a 4.8 million dollar contract. But the offer screen on the bottom right will tell me that the offer is larger--maybe six million. It doesn't match. So I don't know what I'm actually offering the player, or what the payout per-year will be, because the offers seem to be different.

Actually, it's easier to see than that. Just offer a guy a one-year contract. His salary and bonus on the per-year part of the contract screen isn't going to match the total salary and bonus on the right-hand side of the screen. So which offer is the right one?

# 258 RavensFan2k3 @ 12/27/09 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44

is it because if you're restructuring a contract to someone who already has a contract, dos it add their old bonus + the new contract? that way you cant get out of paying someone a bonus you gave them?

# 259 billharris44 @ 12/28/09 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3
is it because if you're restructuring a contract to someone who already has a contract, dos it add their old bonus + the new contract? that way you cant get out of paying someone a bonus you gave them?
No, it's apparently because I'm an idiot. I waited a couple of months for the last patch before I restarted a franchise, so I haven't done contracts in a while. I remembered Salary not including the bonus amount (so 10M salary + 5M bonus meant a 15M contract), but that's not how they do it--Salary is the total amount, including bonus, but bonus is broken out separately below. I checked it and everything adds up.

I hear the moron alert going off. For me.

# 260 Howie75 @ 12/29/09 12:22 AM
Is there any way to download the AFL content without downloading patch #2?

IT seems like I have do download the patch to do anything w/ EA online.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.