Home
MLB 10 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their first look at MLB '10: The Show.

Quote:
"MLB 09" was one of the best offline sports games of the year. But take the game online and it's virtually unplayable because of the constant lag that throws off the timing of every move, making even little things like check swings seem impossible. "We're fully aware of the complaints," admits Cutliff, "but we've made online playability a priority area for us this year to make sure the timing of everything from the release points to the swings and check swings finally look and feel right. The online game will be going through much more extensive testing than we've ever put it through before."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Jeffery 09 @ 12/17/09 08:54 PM
" Home Run Derby is new to the MLB series. What makes it interesting is how it represents a larger push to capture the changing moods and atmosphere of various points in the season. The gameplay itself is more or less what you'd expect: You flesh out a roster of home run hitters and take turns trying to whack the ball out of the park. Nothing remarkable there. But what caught my eye was the attention to detail that makes you feel like you're witnessing actual players cutting loose midway through the season."

I saw this on Gamespot's preview....pretty cool, always wasnted to see something like this.

# 122 Jeffery 09 @ 12/17/09 08:56 PM
"If you swing and miss, the camera will cut to a shot of the other contestants erupting in laughter on the sidelines--some rolling on the ground, some standing up then stumbling over. If you crack one over the fences, you'll see them applauding as they jostle each other around trying better look at where the ball landed. In short, it feels like you're watching real players taking a real break from the season. The mode itself is pretty standard fare, but in true in MLB fashion, the flair for realism is on full display."

...even better IMO

# 123 CubFan23 @ 12/17/09 09:51 PM
Any word on the Fact Sheet from Russell?

# 124 bp4baseball @ 12/17/09 09:55 PM
Not that I know of but looking foward to it. Its like christmas

# 125 Spaced Ace @ 12/17/09 10:22 PM
OMG this game is gonna be insanely awesome. I CAN'T WAIT!

# 126 Russell_SCEA @ 12/17/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Any word on the Fact Sheet from Russell?
Nope my hands are tied at the moment I have it sitting in front of me but I can't post it yet until marketing/PR does their thing.

# 127 Chef Matt @ 12/17/09 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nope my hands are tied at the moment I have it sitting in front of me but I can't post it yet until marketing/PR does their thing.
Fair enough. Can't to hear about it though!!

# 128 Shakedowncapo @ 12/17/09 10:53 PM
Rus, I don't wanna pile up questions on you but will the fact sheet talk about online leagues? We're still trying to figure out if its just one season or continuous years...

# 129 lou22ny @ 12/18/09 12:33 AM
anything on different color bats? anyone. russel, jim, knight??

# 130 wrigleyville33 @ 12/18/09 12:41 AM
Just realized they put fans reaching over the rails for foul balls. Funny, I had that in my wishlist. . Hopefully they have weather.

# 131 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/18/09 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Just realized they put fans reaching over the rails for foul balls. Funny, I had that in my wishlist. . Hopefully they have weather.

They have fans doing that in 09'. But I think they made it more frequent with new animations for 10'. I tell you, this game series stadium atmosphere is second to none. Really brings the rest of it alive and more real.

Ditto on the weather.

# 132 Scooter3 @ 12/18/09 01:30 AM
I love these new additions, moving shadows. real time, Classic Stadiums! Double wow!

If we choose the Reds and Crossly Field as our team and stadium will the other 5 classic parks lay dormant?

Will we be able to play away games in stadiums like Sportsman's Park against the Cardinals or when the Reds play against the Giants will it take place at their home park The Polo Grounds?

I sure hope so otherwise it's like only getting one Classic park at a time...

I think it would be cool to see each team wear their jerseys that match each classic park.

The New York Giants Jersey in The Polo Grounds would be a nice fit...

scooter...

# 133 rudyjuly2 @ 12/18/09 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
I'm not saying they have to replace everything. I'm just SUGGESTING that they add it in the options. I don't understand why people are jumping on me for wanting a right analogue pitching system. Mvp had it, why are people saying that its only 2k? The only good thing 2k had imo was a right stick pitching system. THAT'S IT. The show does everything else superior, imo, and is my choice for baseball. Again, I wasn't saying it must be implemented, etc; I was only suggesting they added it for another pitching option. rant over.
I understand. I DO think they should add analog pitching (and fielding) to the game as an option. And I don't see any reason why that would affect the other pitching types (meter and classic). It would be a totally separate system. I personally like Classic pitching but I totally understand why people like meter or analog. Just like people argue in the Madden boards over what speed setting is best - the answer doesn't really matter as the option is simply a good thing to have.

# 134 artdog5110 @ 12/18/09 09:38 AM
So crrect me if im wrong but if you can control all teams if you use classic rosers you will not have to use cpu roster control and therfore you can have injuries, right? Also does anyone know if Yankee and shea will still be in the game, or do these new classics totally replace them?

# 135 JaSnake16 @ 12/18/09 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Aarghhhhhhhh (end shaking the monitor)

# 136 rudyjuly2 @ 12/18/09 09:51 AM
I'm hoping someone drops a nugget about DH fatigue being fixed.

# 137 NAFBUC @ 12/18/09 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm hoping someone drops a nugget about DH fatigue being fixed.
Or give the DH a lighter bat to swing.

# 138 mmathaifighter @ 12/18/09 11:52 AM
A great addition would be if you could take your RTTS player and do online HR derbys against other peoples RTTS players.

I'm also hoping for more retro jerseys and the ability to select them in RTTS mode.

# 139 orthostud23 @ 12/18/09 11:58 AM
The write up was very good. Love how SCEA San Diego keeps adding to the realism.Its going to be a very long 3 months BUT I still have 09's version to keep me sane til then.

# 140 Knight165 @ 12/18/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artdog5110
So crrect me if im wrong but if you can control all teams if you use classic rosers you will not have to use cpu roster control and therfore you can have injuries, right? Also does anyone know if Yankee and shea will still be in the game, or do these new classics totally replace them?
Yes...that's exactly what it sounds like.
Yes.....Yankee(pre 2009) and Shea will still be in the game.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.