Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

IGN has posted some Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 AustinOrgans @ 01/13/10 04:55 PM
Career stats on the jumbotron again! Damnit!

Faces look improved from last year though. Doesn't look like they did a graphical overhaul. Hopefully just a gameplay overhaul.

# 2 Jamin23 @ 01/13/10 04:56 PM
write up coming later and I was hoping for game tracking stats like the show.

# 3 Checmate101 @ 01/13/10 04:59 PM
Man, I like it..waiting on the write-up now..hope I read some good stuff

# 4 humaca80 @ 01/13/10 05:01 PM
Verlander looks real! What the heck did they do with longoria though, they made him look like Erkel, lol. Longo looks awful, other than that the graphics are looking nice.

# 5 duke776 @ 01/13/10 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinOrgans
Career stats on the jumbotron again! Damnit!
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the career stats either. If you look at the scoreboard to the right, I think the season stats might be displayed up there because they have Reyes and Halladay at 0 for everything. That's just a guess though.

Quote:
Faces look improved from last year though. Doesn't look like they did a graphical overhaul. Hopefully just a gameplay overhaul.
Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything to be done to the graphics really. As long as they look decent while playing they should be fine for me.

# 6 nemesis04 @ 01/13/10 05:01 PM
This game has the ugliest gloves going! They have no dimension and look pasted on. Just a minor pet peeve of mine, nothing major!

# 7 Jamin23 @ 01/13/10 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
write up coming later and I was hoping for game tracking stats like the show.
actually it looks like they stats are being kept and am I the only one that thinks that really looks like Jose Reyes? Maybe it's just a bad angle.

# 8 humaca80 @ 01/13/10 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I'm kind of impressed. Screens look pretty good. I wonder if the PS3 version will be up to par with the 360 version. I wouldn't mind 2 good baseball games.
I agree man, every year the PS3 has been short-changed.

# 9 jerm21 @ 01/13/10 05:03 PM
Pros:
-Verlander picture proves, they made the logo on the hat smaller?
-I think the Target field picture proves that they got the colors right again, no more teal for when its supposed to be green.
-Faces look to be improved, not dramatically, but better than last year.

Cons:
-Cleats, bats, gloves, still look rubbery
-like my friend Jamin said above, I wish they could've changed the jumbotron stats to the game stats (1 for 4 etc)
-those damn glasses again!
-back of Jose Reye's jersey numbers and name looks big.

but hey i'm not jumping to anything until i see some gameplay. the screens didn't let me down though!

# 10 Checmate101 @ 01/13/10 05:04 PM
Glad they fixed the gloves this, they not all extra big

# 11 bodhiball @ 01/13/10 05:12 PM
looks like some improvements...still kind of look like inflatable toys, but some of the details are better.

# 12 Blzer @ 01/13/10 05:30 PM
Well, I made a long post but somehow OS didn't respond well and I couldn't save it, so I'll just say in short:

Looks like kind of a mix between 2K9 and 2K7, which means it's a step in the right direction. If only the framerate holds up with the improved detail, I'll be satisfied with the changes made. Now hopefully they also changed up more of the visuals, like camera angles, the HUD, and meters/aids that are also displayed in the game. Then of course... animations and sound effects audio et. al, and maybe this game will be much more atmospheric and cosmetically pleasing.

There is still a lot more to find out about than the detail upgrades, which so far I approve of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
This game has the ugliest gloves going! They have no dimension and look pasted on. Just a minor pet peeve of mine, nothing major!
It's not a final build!

# 13 DaveDQ @ 01/13/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, I made a long post but somehow OS didn't respond well and I couldn't save it, so I'll just say in short:

Looks like kind of a mix between 2K9 and 2K7, which means it's a step in the right direction. If only the framerate holds up with the improved detail, I'll be satisfied with the changes made. Now hopefully they also changed up more of the visuals, like camera angles, the HUD, and meters/aids that are also displayed in the game. Then of course... animations and sound effects audio et. al, and maybe this game will be much more atmospheric and cosmetically pleasing.

There is still a lot more to find out about than the detail upgrades, which so far I approve of.
Still a lot more to find out, but I'm a little concerned with some of the dullness going on in those pics. I just played the 2K7 demo, and these pics have more going on, but the lighting still has that dull sort of look. I'd like to see a night game.

# 14 tj1182 @ 01/13/10 05:47 PM
I don't like the shadows, or lack of, there's no stadium shadows at all. The gloves look better then the way they were, still not a big change. I'm happy they got the Citi Field colors right. The names on the jerseys still look to big.

I hope they got rid of that horrible bat sound when you hit the ball.

# 15 ShowTyme15 @ 01/13/10 05:56 PM
Looks better I must say. I hope it doesn't have teh same issues as last year and hopefully they didn't put a limit on the player editor like last year. Hopefully we can change batting stances this year too that is a pet peeve of mine.

# 16 myghty @ 01/13/10 05:59 PM
In the last pic is the Cincy pitcher throwing a peace sign?

# 17 Trevytrev11 @ 01/13/10 06:01 PM
Quote:

It's not a final build!
Regarding the gloves, they were awful last year. They were crappy forever and then they were money in 2K7 and then bad again.

# 18 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/13/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Still a lot more to find out, but I'm a little concerned with some of the dullness going on in those pics. I just played the 2K7 demo, and these pics have more going on, but the lighting still has that dull sort of look. I'd like to see a night game.

Yeah, it strikes me still as lifeless. Especially in the stadiums. Just like last year. Feels "empty" and not much going on. Hopefully it can change before launch, but more than likely will not.

# 19 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/13/10 06:05 PM
Quote:

It's not a final build!
I'll remember that. ESPECIALLY from you my man!

# 20 Blzer @ 01/13/10 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Regarding the gloves, they were awful last year. They were crappy forever and then they were money in 2K7 and then bad again.
It was a joke, basically saying that anything either can or can't be fixed, regardless of the company. If we can "complain" here, we can "complain" about the other game as well.

However, technically they still can be addressed if that's what they decide to work on in these last six weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I'll remember that. ESPECIALLY from you my man!
Oh I wasn't hinting toward them fixing it, I was just pulling his leg haha.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.