Home
MLB 10 News Post

This time last year was first time anyone who doesn't work on the game was allowed to visit our studio and see what goes on behind closed doors with MLB The Show's development team.

Chris Cutliff, Director, of Product Development for MLB The Show thought CD was extremely valuable to our community relations and to the improvement of the franchise. We even had a focus test last year during the cycle. We invited Jim, Pared, Nemesis, Knight, and Brent_Hurst out to participate. They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.

Next week we are hosting our second Community Preview Event here in San Diego the attendees are the five above with some first timers as well. Brett_OS and bcruise will join the focus test group on next week.

The CPE will be the first hardcore hands on time that anyone has with the game (better get your Q&A's ready).

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 nemesis04 @ 01/16/10 07:57 AM
If anyone has game play/online specific questions they want me to look into for them I would be more then happy to. Just shoot me a pm!

# 42 brunnoce @ 01/16/10 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Glad to hear SCEA opening up their doors again to the community. Have fun guys and bring back some great info.
co-signed!

# 43 countryboy @ 01/16/10 09:16 AM
Congrats guys. Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves.

Look forward to reading your feedback.

# 44 Pared @ 01/16/10 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I hope they aren't sending Pared this time...
Well there goes my vote for bringing out Marino.

# 45 bhurst99 @ 01/16/10 11:40 AM
Who is this Brent_Hurst person?

Oh, wait that's me. I'm known on the forums as bhurst99. My focus is on the Road to Show mode and if anyone has any specific questions/concerns about that mode please let me know and I will try to answer them starting Wednesday.

# 46 nemesis04 @ 01/16/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
One thing I'm hoping someone checks out at the event is whether or not they fixed the schedule bugs which resulted in the Cubs not playing a lot of day games, and other teams playing more day games than they should.
That will be the job for the two noobs! Ha, they think they are going there to play the game!

# 47 bcruise @ 01/16/10 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
I must say, and no offense intended to the SCEA guys, but I never thought that a post from Russell talking about hands on "hardcore" would make me so excited.

One thing I'm hoping someone checks out at the event is whether or not they fixed the schedule bugs which resulted in the Cubs not playing a lot of day games, and other teams playing more day games than they should.
Didn't they fix the Cubs schedule bug in a patch last year? Not sure about other teams, but I think I remember the excessive Wrigley night games getting patched.

# 48 Blzer @ 01/16/10 01:23 PM
Congrats to you guys! I'll be in the neighborhood, so if you have any free time for a fellow OS'er to treat you for a good time in San Diego, you know where to find me!

Props to SCEA for delivering again with the community event!

# 49 SLVRSLGR. @ 01/16/10 01:34 PM
I have stadium related questions

# 50 Shakedowncapo @ 01/16/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If anyone has game play/online specific questions they want me to look into for them I would be more then happy to. Just shoot me a pm!
Like what was said in the CES thread.. Custom rosters for exhibition/online leagues :-D

# 51 Knight165 @ 01/16/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That will be the job for the two noobs! Ha, they think they are going there to play the game!
Probies.....
I hope they like doing dishes.

M.K.
Knight165

# 52 green94 @ 01/16/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Didn't they fix the Cubs schedule bug in a patch last year? Not sure about other teams, but I think I remember the excessive Wrigley night games getting patched.
Cubs were fixed, I believe the NL West as well. But AL teams were NOT.

# 53 green94 @ 01/16/10 04:26 PM
Sounds like you guys are dividing up the game into areas and each taking a separate piece of the action. Very sound plan, good work.

More than anything, enjoy the game and give the devs as much feedback as possible while you are face to face with them.

# 54 baseball88 @ 01/16/10 05:42 PM
Just have fun with what is put in front on you. Bring back some good imformative stuff

# 55 LetsGoBucs @ 01/16/10 07:22 PM
Knight - I'd love it if you had a chance to mess around with Manager Mode a little. I know you're a big MM guy, and I'd like to hear what (if any) changes were made.

# 56 Blzer @ 01/16/10 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
We don't leave the studio the entire day into the late night. Same as last year.
Gotcha, I just didn't know how long ya'll stayed anyway (if you flew in the 19th and left the 21st, etc.).

# 57 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 01/16/10 08:22 PM
Can you all check the Braves throwback jerseys?

See if the umpires are actully consistent with their strikezones.

See if they allow for MP3s as chants, and if there are any more situations for music.

See if they allow the custom music to work during online play.

See if they allow custom rosters for online leagues.

See if they have rotating interleague schedules in Franchise mode

See if the custom reliver entry song continues to play while throwing the warm up pitches

# 58 bcruise @ 01/16/10 09:45 PM
I'm more of a gameplay-type guy like Nem is, though I'll dabble in a bit of everything (especially RTTS, I really want to see what they've done with that this year). I'll still try to answer any other questions thrown my way, though. Just don't expect me to be able to tell you if Obscure AAAA player Joe Blow has his correct batting stance.

I should also point out that I own the PSP version of '09 as well as the PS3 one. While I probably won't be able to try out that one in SD, I might still be able to ask about it. So if you have any questions about the PSP version, send 'em my way and I'll see if I can get them answered. I have a few of my own that I want to ask about that version anyway.

# 59 cnh2os84 @ 01/17/10 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I should also point out that I own the PSP version of '09 as well as the PS3 one. While I probably won't be able to try out that one in SD, I might still be able to ask about it. So if you have any questions about the PSP version, send 'em my way and I'll see if I can get them answered. I have a few of my own that I want to ask about that version anyway.
I'm glad to hear the PSP version gets some love by someone else!

Only question I have at the moment is if there is any sort of PSP-PS3 connectivity planned for this year or the future. I would love to be able to play the same franchise on PS3 and PSP and switch load files with the USB cord. This could be hard without the same sort of franchise mode on PSP, but if it could happen just with RTTS would be awesome also.

Now my main reason for wanting this is that I can get away with playing the PSP when the girlfriend is over, but not the PS3!

# 60 green94 @ 01/17/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.
When will you guys be able to talk about the Focus test? Monday?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.