Home
MLB 10 News Post

This time last year was first time anyone who doesn't work on the game was allowed to visit our studio and see what goes on behind closed doors with MLB The Show's development team.

Chris Cutliff, Director, of Product Development for MLB The Show thought CD was extremely valuable to our community relations and to the improvement of the franchise. We even had a focus test last year during the cycle. We invited Jim, Pared, Nemesis, Knight, and Brent_Hurst out to participate. They can't talk about the focus test now, but next week I'm lifting the embargo so they can give everyone their thoughts on focus test and if they believe it had an impact on the game.

Next week we are hosting our second Community Preview Event here in San Diego the attendees are the five above with some first timers as well. Brett_OS and bcruise will join the focus test group on next week.

The CPE will be the first hardcore hands on time that anyone has with the game (better get your Q&A's ready).

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 countryboy @ 01/20/10 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
Maybe not you but some people it does matter about little stuff.
you do realize he was joking around with you. Hence the...

# 122 alwayz0npoint @ 01/20/10 02:31 PM
Knight will you have rosters for opening day ? last year he had a delay am hoping this year scea will allowed you to work with them because your rosters are Great ur good knight..

# 123 Perfect Zero @ 01/20/10 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Also, hitting a HR in Texas to CF....will the fans go racing to get the ball?
If I ever saw that in a baseball game, I would have to rush down to Wal-Mart and invest $9.99 in new BVDs.

# 124 Rawdeal28 @ 01/20/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Everybody is good.
Brett...is Montgomery Clift. Google him and that's Brett.
His new nickname for the rest of the trip is Monte.

Brian(bcruise) is a beast. I'm not messing with that guy!!

M.K.
Knight165

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
LOL, and Knight is like the King of Queens!

all the stars come to OS! LMAO

# 125 bp4baseball @ 01/20/10 07:18 PM
At about 9:30 this morning, I looked at the clock and thought, instead of doing math I could be checking out the show! Can't wait to hear about everyones day.

# 126 Russell_SCEA @ 01/20/10 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedbirdFan18
Can't be to long now. I'm CST, and they are PST right now, so it's a two hour difference. I say there probably finishing up their now {should be 5:10 pm there}, but then again, they could also not be done until 7:10 PM Pst, then they'll eat, then post on here.

The guys are still locked in the room playing the game they don't leave until they can't take it anymore. That could be around 10 or 12am pacific time.

I also don't know how much we are going to let the guys talk about yet that is yet to be determined.

# 127 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/20/10 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The guys are still locked in the room playing the game they don't leave until they can't take it anymore. That could be around 10 or 12am pacific time.

I also don't know how much we are going to let the guys talk about yet that is yet to be determined.
Ouch!! That will probably crush more than a few of us who are waiting here for some answers.

# 128 Rickedycricket @ 01/20/10 09:08 PM
Quote:

# 129 PLite14 @ 01/20/10 09:49 PM
patience is a virtue

if worse comes to worse, we will know everything there is to know on March 2 (or whenever the actual release date is)

# 130 abcabc @ 01/20/10 09:55 PM
Quote:

Hi... why, is there serious concern that 2ksports programmers would steal some features by implementing them into their 2010 release?

# 131 beau21 @ 01/20/10 09:56 PM
Quote:

# 132 knich @ 01/20/10 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
Hi... why, is there serious concern that 2ksports programmers would steal some features by implementing them into their 2010 release?
Marketing...they have to release info on their schedule to build anticipation for the game. The more anticipation the more people will talk about the game and the more people will want to buy the game. I assume that's the idea. I doubt they are too concerned about 2k stealing their ideas.

# 133 Rickedycricket @ 01/20/10 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Marketing...they have to release info on their schedule to build anticipation for the game. The more anticipation the more people will talk about the game and the more people will want to buy the game. I assume that's the idea. I doubt they are too concerned about 2k stealing their ideas.
Bullseye.. this is killing me though

# 134 DR Russell @ 01/20/10 10:37 PM
I wonder what build the guys are playing!!!!! 90% build??? 80%???? Can't wait for info. The reason i took the plunge last year was because of the impressions the guys posted after playing the game. I had no idea how great OS until last year.

DR Russell

# 135 Millennium @ 01/20/10 10:47 PM
Patience, my young friends. All will be revealed in due time.

(I love being cryptic).

# 136 badmrfrosty7 @ 01/20/10 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
I hope the guys are having a good time and taking plenty of notes. I live over here on the east coast so I might as well go to bed and read all the goodness tomarrow.
Seconded! Never any east coast love when it comes to videogame events. Companies love them some west coast.

# 137 myghty @ 01/20/10 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Patience, my young friends. All will be revealed in due time.

(I love being cryptic).

# 138 DR Russell @ 01/20/10 10:55 PM
I have to admit that i like SCEAs confidence in taking knowledgeable people to this event, gives me confidence in the game.

DR Russell

# 139 CommunityCollege @ 01/20/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Russell
I have to admit that i like SCEAs confidence in taking knowledgeable people to this event, gives me confidence in the game.

DR Russell
how are they selected?

# 140 bp4baseball @ 01/20/10 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommunityCollege
how are they selected?
SCEA chooses who they feel would be most beneficial in giving feedback on the game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.