Home
MLB 10 News Post

Patrick wanted me to show you guys some of his day time lighting upgrades this year. In this pic you can see the cloud cover casting shadows on the ground throughout the park. A little tidbit of information you guys don't know about. When you use the setting "cloudy" its not one set of clouds there are actually 5 total cloud settings and you get one at random. Also as the daytime lapses the clouds will move accordingly.

Another pic showing the clouds and lighting changes and J.Hamilton doesn't look bad either.

More cloud cover variations.

Click here to see the rest of them.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 181 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 01:49 AM
knight lol you think when you hit a homerun in texas the fans will run out to the grass in center field ?

# 182 dickey1331 @ 02/03/10 01:52 AM
That would be awesome if this ever happens. Ahh man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayz0npoint
knight lol you think when you hit a homerun in texas the fans will run out to the grass in center field ?

# 183 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
That would be awesome if this ever happens. Ahh man.
That will but a nice clean realistic feel..

# 184 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 01:58 AM
I don't know for sure...but I don't think so..sorry.
Would be pretty cool though.

M.K.
Knight165

# 185 Greene_Flash03 @ 02/03/10 03:05 AM
Love the Swisher pic... Jersey and jersey numbers looks awesome too!

# 186 indigence @ 02/03/10 03:15 AM
I've poured over every pic I could find, I want to see the left field scoreboard at Rangers Ballpark. I'm interested in how they did the new digital scoreboard.

# 187 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/10 04:22 AM
Absolutely amazing. The cloud cover, and lighting changes. Simply astonishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
You guys like the stadium pan out shots? I'll take one of every stadium and see if I can get them approved. Maybe I'll post those next week.

# 188 EnigmaNemesis @ 02/03/10 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
guys-

i don't mean to sound contrarian...but

...in that pic of citi field....that grass looks like kentucky blue fescue....the mets haven't used that since the summer of 83.

just sayin

I am just stunned that you know what Kentucky Blue Fescue is!

Just that most don't know fine details of turf or lawns. (used to be a professional landscaper and grounds crew not too far back in my life at one time).

That type is actually a mixture turf of creeping red fescue, perennial rye grass or annual rye grass seeds are mixed in with bluegrass. Reasons being that red fescue tolerates shadier areas where bluegrass may not be exposed to enough sunlight. Annual rye grass is often seeded with the bluegrass to achieve green-up earlier and dies off when warmer weather sets in. It is a great turf for athletic fields due to it withstanding tougher wear.

Bermuda grass is the most popular for warmer climate stadiums due to the great low maintain height and fast speeds of play, but NE and colder areas, like NY will use the 50/50 blend of Kentucky Blue and Red Fescue. Since it is more tolerant to the colder climates. They also overseed red fescue in bermuda grass turfs.

Don't ask me about my green thumb again. But I can tell you, I can grow you the best lawn you will ever have.

# 189 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/03/10 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixmillion
I know , but I an not talking about first person fielding view, I am talking about first person throwing if you will. You can still field the ball from the perspective they use now but change the throwing angle to first person.
Ya that's a genius idea to allow the fielding camera to switch from normal to a first person throwing view so you could still field the ball from a normal view but be able to see and make the throw from their perspective

I would love to see that view from the 2nd baseman's perspective with a runner charging right at him to break up the double play

ASB sorta allowed this but you had to actually field the ball from start to finish from that view

Maybe this fielding view combination could be considered for '11 ??

# 190 Perfect Zero @ 02/03/10 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I know....I'm messin' with the Texans...they don't like to be messed with.

M.K.
Knight165
Darn straight! Besides, I get more of "why did you steal Chile's flag" more than anything else.

If fans stormed Greene's hill after a home run out there, I think I would cry over the sense of realism.

# 191 nemesis04 @ 02/03/10 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero

If fans stormed Greene's hill after a home run out there, I think I would cry over the sense of realism.
I was told they don't do that. The question was asked though!

# 192 DubTrey1 @ 02/03/10 11:21 AM
Again, another great job...****ssell, SCEA guys.... props.

# 193 Pared @ 02/03/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
In fact you can blame Pared for me being here, because I google The MLB Sony sliders and Operation Sports popped up! So yes Pared you now can say Patent "Your Sorry" comment.
I'm sorry guys.

Quote:
Am wondering if when you hit a homerun in Rangers Ballpark in Arlington to center field if the fans run out to the grass and get the ball...

No. Asked for it but it's not in.

# 194 Perfect Zero @ 02/03/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I was told they don't do that. The question was asked though!
I was just saying if they did. I've also heard they don't, and I really don't expect it to be honest because it seems like a lot of programing for something really small. At least the grass looks real this year, and that's what I was expecting

# 195 nemesis04 @ 02/03/10 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I was just saying if they did. I've also heard they don't, and I really don't expect it to be honest because it seems like a lot of programing for something really small. At least the grass looks real this year, and that's what I was expecting
Well, if fans can flop onto the field reaching for a foul ball I am sure they could eventually get a few fans running after the ball.

# 196 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Well, if fans can flop onto the field reaching for a foul ball I am sure they could eventually get a few fans running after the ball.
Is ok if is not in game, The show 10 looks great may be they can patch it lol

# 197 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
I'm printing this up to show to Chris.....
This is the troublemaker!

M.K.
Knight165

# 198 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 12:11 PM
knight plz tell me ur doing the rosters this year

# 199 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
knight plz tell me ur doing the rosters this year
Absolutely.
I'll be starting to set them up very shortly.
Ksig24 is directing the prospects....and is starting a thread for suggestions and talk about each teams prospects.
It'll be a good year!

M.K.
Knight165

# 200 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Absolutely.
I'll be starting to set them up very shortly.
Ksig24 is directing the prospects....and is starting a thread for suggestions and talk about each teams prospects.
It'll be a good year!

M.K.
Knight165
I hope so cuz last year I started my franchise late cuz the rosters where late with wrong stats lol Arod had 1 career 1 hr lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.