Home
MLB 10 News Post

Patrick wanted me to show you guys some of his day time lighting upgrades this year. In this pic you can see the cloud cover casting shadows on the ground throughout the park. A little tidbit of information you guys don't know about. When you use the setting "cloudy" its not one set of clouds there are actually 5 total cloud settings and you get one at random. Also as the daytime lapses the clouds will move accordingly.

Another pic showing the clouds and lighting changes and J.Hamilton doesn't look bad either.

More cloud cover variations.

Click here to see the rest of them.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Russell_SCEA @ 02/02/10 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
I understand that, but what are the feedback forums for if not for pointing out things to be corrected. It was "found", but not "fixed." That's OK, but I was just pointing it out. I'll post all the changes about 40 times in the feedback thread this year so GABP can get "fixed" like Turner Field and the cow or whatever.
How many stadiums are in the game? How many of those stadiums got upgrades this sure? I'm pretty sure that number is well over 75% secondly if something is posted in a feedback there is no guarantee its going to make it into the game none. For everything in those threads that sparked us to change, add or fix something there are hundreds of ideas and suggestions that fall by the wayside. Pointing things out about 40 times won't change anything we have limited time and limited resources we can't and will never be able to fix/upgrade/add/change/ every stadium every year.

# 162 Perfect Zero @ 02/02/10 10:55 PM
I'm glad to see the Ballpark in Arlington getting some love. I don't like the electronic ribbon or what I assume will be the electronic scoreboard in left, but the realism is key and y'all nailed it. Heck, even Green's hill is fixed in center. Good job guys.

# 163 jpup @ 02/02/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
How many stadiums are in the game? How many of those stadiums got upgrades this sure? I'm pretty sure that number is well over 75% secondly if something is posted in a feedback there is no guarantee its going to make it into the game none. For everything in those threads that sparked us to change, add or fix something there are hundreds of ideas and suggestions that fall by the wayside. Pointing things out about 40 times won't change anything we have limited time and limited resources we can't and will never be able to fix/upgrade/add/change/ every stadium every year.
I was joking. Lighten up. Notice the wink.

Not a big deal as I understand everything can't be fixed.

# 164 beau21 @ 02/02/10 10:57 PM
Russell,

A small question.

At Kauffman Stadium, in the picture it shows the bottom of the scoreboard displaying the time:

Is that the same way it appears in game? Or will that bottom section show the count as well? No big deal if that's how it appears in game.. I just wasn't sure if appeared like day during gameplay or if that was a replay overlay.

Here is a reference picture:

# 165 burds13 @ 02/02/10 10:57 PM

Matthew Richard Wieters FTW.

howboutdemo's

# 166 Russell_SCEA @ 02/02/10 10:59 PM
Quote:

Not a big deal as I understand everything can't be fixed.

Ahhh didn't see the wink these long days are starting to impair my vision more and more each day

# 167 beau21 @ 02/02/10 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
He said the stadiums are locked. What we see is what we get in the release.
I understand.

I just wanted to clarify if that's how it appears during gameplay, or if that is a replay time overlay.

# 168 BravesBoy @ 02/02/10 11:08 PM
i jus dont see how some guys make a big deal about some of these small details in these stadiums. i mean come on fellas, Russell and the guys go above and beyond but yet you still find somethin to nit pick about. i understand ya want everything to be EXACT, but lets get real boys....

# 169 dickey1331 @ 02/02/10 11:08 PM
WOW thanks for the Rangers pics they look amazing. I CANNOT wait till this game drops. You can even see the bullpen in the one with Davis on first base

# 170 BravesBoy @ 02/02/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
While it's probably not actually intended by the posters, I think the fact that people are nitpicking such small details is a great thing. It means that the only things that are around to post complaints/criticism about are such tiny little things. That's a GREAT sign.
very true my man..i hear ya on that!!!

# 171 Blzer @ 02/02/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
I don't know man, I'm not gonna lie... I've never winked at somebody when I was joking with them. Sounds kinda gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
i jus dont see how some guys make a big deal about some of these small details in these stadiums. i mean come on fellas, Russell and the guys go above and beyond but yet you still find somethin to nit pick about. i understand ya want everything to be EXACT, but lets get real boys....
To be fair, I think if we are allowed to be hyped about small features in things, then I think we are allowed to be griped about small features in things. Not to say that I am, but it really is the little things added on top of each other that go a long way, and is a big reason this game gets so much cred for its push toward authenticity.

# 172 cmc2of3 @ 02/03/10 12:25 AM
If the clouds progress during the game, will there be errors because the sun suddenly came out?

# 173 mph2k @ 02/03/10 12:33 AM
Love the pic of Citi Field and Johan. This game looking better and better everyday.

# 174 Tommyklaid @ 02/03/10 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc2of3
If the clouds progress during the game, will there be errors because the sun suddenly came out?

Would LOOOOVE to see this in the game...

...since the clouds are moving I'd love to see the sun 'pop in & out' on occasion - it would add to the realism of the day-progression system. Could this be possible at some point?

# 175 Checmate101 @ 02/03/10 12:48 AM
Man..ps3, ps3

# 176 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 01:13 AM
Am wondering if when you hit a homerun in Rangers Ballpark in Arlington to center field if the fans run out to the grass and get the ball...

# 177 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayz0npoint
Am wondering if when you hit a homerun in Rangers Ballpark in Arlington to center field if the fans run out to the grass and get the ball...

Why do they wave the Puerto Rican flag when someone hits a homerun there?

M.K.
Knight165

# 178 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 01:32 AM
Don't get nuts you Longhorns...I ask the Puerto Ricans why they wave the Texas flag at the P.R. Day Parade.
I'm a stirrer...of

M.K.
Knight165

# 179 alwayz0npoint @ 02/03/10 01:45 AM
cuz it has the puerto rican colors and it has a star which is simular to the puerto rican flag ..

# 180 Knight165 @ 02/03/10 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayz0npoint
cuz it has the puerto rican colors and it has a star which is simular to the puerto rican flag ..
I know....I'm messin' with the Texans...they don't like to be messed with.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.