Home
MLB 10 News Post

Patrick wanted me to show you guys some of his day time lighting upgrades this year. In this pic you can see the cloud cover casting shadows on the ground throughout the park. A little tidbit of information you guys don't know about. When you use the setting "cloudy" its not one set of clouds there are actually 5 total cloud settings and you get one at random. Also as the daytime lapses the clouds will move accordingly.

Another pic showing the clouds and lighting changes and J.Hamilton doesn't look bad either.

More cloud cover variations.

Click here to see the rest of them.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 EutawStreet @ 02/02/10 02:17 PM
These look awesome Russell! Are there going to be screenshots released of each individual stadium any time soon? Also, does Camden Yards have the new hotel beyond the stadium in left center field? Thanks.

# 42 Pared @ 02/02/10 02:17 PM

Easily my favorite.

# 43 TN - BRAVES FAN @ 02/02/10 02:20 PM
On the Yankee picture...the wall looks like the MLB logo has been painted on the wall which looks awesome...and the jersey on the player does not look painted on...it looks like he's actully wearing the jersey...which is awesome.

# 44 ty5oke @ 02/02/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Easily my favorite.
I swear it looks like I'm sitting in the stands at an actual game when looking at that pic.

# 45 smearz @ 02/02/10 02:40 PM
haha, get running Jason Bay!

And the Phils score again... That IS pretty darn accurate.

how awesome is it that even with a lo-res shot with the background blurred from depth of field, you can still tell that it's a Phillies player about to round third. Amazing.

These screens are so sweet. Thanks.

# 46 Pared @ 02/02/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
I swear it looks like I'm sitting in the stands at an actual game when looking at that pic.
That's why.

# 47 puppies_on_acid @ 02/02/10 02:48 PM
Ok admit it, those pics are of an actual game...jk

On another note, this game is going to completely kick ***. Thanks for the screens.

# 48 Checmate101 @ 02/02/10 02:56 PM
Now there working...good ish man. looks like I'ma be going to pops house to play the ps3 this year.

# 49 MelMan1486 @ 02/02/10 03:03 PM
Why did I sell 09?... I got the itch for some baseball and these pics are making that itch even worseeeee

# 50 Scott @ 02/02/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
Oh god! Someone offered some constructive criticism. BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!

Jesus guys. I'm just stating something I saw. Once you quit looking for faults in things, faults start to appear.

Go read ALL of my posts here in this thread. Go ahead, I'll give you time. Now come back and say that I'm a troll. Do it. That's what you've done with your post that I've quoted, and what the individual in the previous post did.

I made a post with the intent to point out something that I noticed, yet I also stated probably won't even be noticeable when the player is in motion and we are playing the game. At no point did I say it was a poor job. At no point did I say it was a massive gamebreaker. At no point did I go into a massive dissertation on what was wrong. I just made mention of something that appeared off to me and if it's a fixable something, then great. If not, then it's not a big deal.

Good god.
Wow...calm down.

# 51 Pared @ 02/02/10 03:06 PM
Can we get back to the topic?

This whole cycle is getting old:

-Someone makes a comment
-Others continue to harp on individual for the comment
-Individual responds lashing out

C'mon people it's a screen shot thread. Comment on the screen shot and move on. The bickering is starting to take over these threads and it's from both directions.

If you have an issue with a post, report it.

# 52 rspencer86 @ 02/02/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I just found it funny that something so miniscule caught your eye. I see nothing wrong at all with any of the pics.
Not once did I label you a troll or anything else. I guess I just wish I had your "eagle vision", as my 42-yr-old eyes can't see what you're talking about.
These pics were obviously taken to show off the finest, most miniscule details of the games, from the fabric of the uniforms, the stitches of the ball, etc. So it makes sense that someone might find an issue that is going to be what most consider pretty minor, since they are showing off the minor details in the game.

I don't see anything wrong with it, seems like a legit point.

# 53 K_GUN @ 02/02/10 03:19 PM
guys-

i don't mean to sound contrarian...but

...in that pic of citi field....that grass looks like kentucky blue fescue....the mets haven't used that since the summer of 83.

just sayin

# 54 MrChainsaw @ 02/02/10 03:26 PM
Aaaaaaand this is why I bought a PS3.

# 55 BravesBoy @ 02/02/10 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
guys-

i don't mean to sound contrarian...but

...in that pic of citi field....that grass looks like kentucky blue fescue....the mets haven't used that since the summer of 83.

just sayin
you know what, your right. I'm thinking they switched to a bermuda grass style turf, but i could be wrong...HAHAHAHA!!!

# 56 Galvatron @ 02/02/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchant ftw
Aaaaaaand this is why I bought a PS3.

Good choice, you also might have 2 great titles to choose from this year!

# 57 BigSqual @ 02/02/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I just found it funny that something so miniscule caught your eye. I see nothing wrong at all with any of the pics.
Not once did I label you a troll or anything else. I guess I just wish I had your "eagle vision", as my 42-yr-old eyes can't see what you're talking about.

But hey, what you see and what I see are two different things.

Carry on, and don't feel like I'm trashing you in any way. It's not meant to come across that way.

That is not a shadow on the jersey anyway thats actually the print on the rangers uniforms, part of the design.

# 58 bp4baseball @ 02/02/10 03:39 PM
Thanks so much Russell. Those look incredible

# 59 PsychoBulk @ 02/02/10 03:49 PM
Absolutely stunning, cheers Ramone.

The textures on the jerseys are something else.

# 60 greatwhite33 @ 02/02/10 03:49 PM
This looks so amazing!! How will I have time to play any other games as addictive as this game is?? Unreal.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.