Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the very first gameplay video from Major League Baseball 2K10. Post your thoughts here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 SHC33 @ 02/19/10 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanlover
Well Looks Great to me! I seen batters taking pitches!!!!! YEA!!
Now if we will be able to edit the players, I am sold...

Full editing options has already been confirmed so time to preorder your copy.

# 162 WarDawg58 @ 02/19/10 05:47 PM
The analog stick for pitching is new to me. Is it hard to use?

# 163 Trevytrev11 @ 02/19/10 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDawg58
The analog stick for pitching is new to me. Is it hard to use?
It will be better than last year for the simple fact that you pick your pitch first, so now the computer knows what you are trying to attempt. You have constant on screen reminders of what motions to make now, so it should be just a matter of learning what to do and then fine tuning it until you get it right. I doubt it would take more than an inning to get the hang of it and a few games to get some what of a master of it.

# 164 SHC33 @ 02/19/10 05:57 PM
Analog stick will take a little time to get used to, but I think its great. It kind of feels like you are executing the pitch. Its more interesting than pushing buttons to me. Some prefer buttons though. All depends on the user. I like it also because you have to preform certain movements to pull off the pitch correctly not just timing, which I find more realistic.

# 165 Blzer @ 02/19/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB1
Totally agree with you on this one. Amazing how nit picky some people are regarding the size of jersey numbers. However, I can fall into the same boat by saying The Shows player models STILL have T-Rex arms. How many years has it been now?
Though this topic of discussions is probably best saved for another thread, I'll just be vague in saying that so far the biggest difference that I know of is that their excuse is legitimate. So far, 2K's excuse is they followed the MLB Style Guide... but someone has already debunked the idea that an MLB Style Guide would ever depreciate the jersey authenticity like this, and as we can see, not every in-game jersey seems to have this issue (the Mets and Marlins look just fine, for example).

Is there any chance that we're going to get another video clip today? The Game Informer previewer said he recorded two innings... unless he meant two half-innings.

# 166 duke776 @ 02/19/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB1
Totally agree with you on this one. Amazing how nit picky some people are regarding the size of jersey numbers. However, I can fall into the same boat by saying The Shows player models STILL have T-Rex arms. How many years has it been now?

Anyway, keep it up VC. You guys seem to be on the right track.
What does that have to do with 2k? I mean, why do people have to take shots at either games in the other games forum? And before you think it, no, I don't play the show. It's just not relevant to the discussion.

It's not just ps3 owners who are upset about the #'s being too big, I've seen people who only have a 360 complain about it too. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal, but it is to some. Just like batting stances are a big deal to me, and to some they don't matter at all.

# 167 blacboy @ 02/19/10 07:28 PM
Can someone youtube this, pleazzzzzz.

# 168 fiedler2k3 @ 02/19/10 07:30 PM
Still, the non-stop weird celebrations on dugout and bullpen are still there! notice on minute 4:00 when soriano is sliding back to first on the bullpen and at 4:40 when soriano reach third base on the dugout. I'm concern about the guy playing the game skeeping all the presentation, thats for sure is because they want to hide the jerky and weird movements of the players, all this back from 2K9.

# 169 duke776 @ 02/19/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacboy
Can someone youtube this, pleazzzzzz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVRKufry4Ak

# 170 RGmoney @ 02/19/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
Still, the non-stop weird celebrations on dugout and bullpen are still there! notice on minute 4:00 when soriano is sliding back to first on the bullpen and at 4:40 when soriano reach third base on the dugout. I'm concern about the guy playing the game skeeping all the presentation, thats for sure is because they want to hide the jerky and weird movements of the players, all this back from 2K9.
Yeah noticed the weird celebrations also. Hope they got that taken care of in the final build.

He skipped the presentation stuff or he was playing the "Hurry Up" mode to keep the video size as small as possible for uploading.

# 171 BrianFifaFan @ 02/19/10 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Cool! Much smoother!You can see the animations better now! Thanks!

# 172 blacboy @ 02/19/10 07:47 PM
thanks duke appreciate the vid.

# 173 SoxFan01605 @ 02/19/10 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
I'm concern about the guy playing the game skeeping all the presentation, thats for sure is because they want to hide the jerky and weird movements of the players, all this back from 2K9.
The guy doing the video doesn't work for 2K, so I highly doubt he wants to hide anything. He's skipping that stuff to get to the point. People wanted to see some game play and they got to.

The presentational cuts in-between are almost always skipped in any video of ANY game unless the video is designed to show them of specifically.

I'm as skeptical as the next guy when it comes to this series, but not everything is some master plan or conspiracy.

# 174 Blzer @ 02/19/10 07:50 PM
Oh, and I suppose it's worth pointing out that the catcher isn't really making it down the line at all. This was something that I feared in screenshots.

As long as there can still be a way so that overthrows don't mean a guaranteed extra base, I suppose that it's okay. But it was in last year, so you know... taking it out doesn't make much sense.

# 175 duke776 @ 02/19/10 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
Does it bother anyone else that the first pitch is low and out of the zone and swung at and a grounder to short? The pitcher then takes a bunch of pitches(they also would do this last year because their IE scouting was so low, so this isn't exactly a ringing endorsement). Then Reyes comes up takes a pitch then swings at a pitch low and outside. I know I commented on this before but just not the first thing I wanted to see when this was the biggest issue with last years game.

Pitch counts for the user were 20(16 strikes, 4 balls) entering the 3rd inning. 27 when exiting the 3rd inning. The cpu on the other hand seemed to mix it up 34 pitches(21 strikes, 13 balls) entering the 3rd inning. Well over 50 exiting. It's just one inning but this seems to be a continued trend.
I agree, I'm looking forward to see if it's like this in the demo. I also want to wait and see some impressions too, to see if this is an issue in the retail version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
One more thing (my eyes aren't that great). I noticed that the first 0-2 pitch to Fukudome was a defensive swing. Seemed to work really well.

Got me to thinking. We didn't see any homers, but I couldn't tell if he used the contact swing exclusively or the power swing.
It looks like Soriano(opposite field single), and Ramirez(swing and miss) swung with power. Those were the only two times I saw it used. I could tell he was using power swing because on power swing you have to pull the stick back and the batter would start leaning back like last year if you just held the stick back before the pitch(which was terrible, because there was no timing aspect in the step).

If I'm not explaining it clearly, just look at Soriano's AB and the first pitch of Ramirez's AB and you should see it.

It is possible the user used power swing more than that, but those were the only one's I could tell because he starting pulling the stick back too early.

# 176 duke776 @ 02/19/10 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QB1
Why so touchy? I'm simply poking fun at those who nit pick over the dumbest things such as "oversized" jersey numbers and then refer to them as "game killers".
I wasn't trying to be touchy, so I apologize if I came off that way. I guess I misinterpreted the way you were saying the stuff about nitpicking. I was just trying to say it's their choice if they want to focus on something like the jersey numbers, however small it may be to you or me, it might bug the heck out of them.

# 177 nbluedevils @ 02/19/10 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
I wasn't trying to be touchy, so I apologize if I came off that way. I guess I misinterpreted the way you were saying the stuff about nitpicking. I was just trying to say it's their choice if they want to focus on something like the jersey numbers, however small it may be to you or me, it might bug the heck out of them.

That's a valid point, but what makes me angry is when people, particularly on this website, always say, "Just give us good gameplay! That's all we want!" and then turn around and start bitching about uniforms like its the end of the universe. There has to be some standard of integrity.

# 178 BrianFifaFan @ 02/19/10 08:40 PM
Just did YouTube Downloader on the 720p version. My opinion is once again really looking up for this game. It's pretty fluid in it's movements. The new encoding didn't help the jerseys, though! Seriously, If I can get the same framerate and better graphics with the PC version, I'm sold. It's really looking head and shoulders above the last 2 games....

# 179 Skyboxer @ 02/19/10 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Not digging the hitting view at all. Pitcher looks miles away, and takes out the whole watch the pitch from the hand scenario you do in baseball.
Totally opposite. I LOVE...LOVE the batting view. The last few years I've had trouble really seeing the ball and getting good depth perception. I can see the pitch from hand etc..
That view I could clearly tell height and trajectory. It's almost a must own game for me now for that one reason....

Also... the game simply looks fun to play also. I think there's way too much nit picking all together. I didn't see anything other than a fun way to enjoy my favorite sport.

Lastly the My Player mode looks great. The fielding cam is what I've wanted The Show to incorporate but they still haven't. As an OF'er you should be tracking the ball and not just running to a spot marked on the ground. "Head tracking" is key and it looks like 2K is a lot closer to that than the Show.

# 180 Eddie1967 @ 02/19/10 09:37 PM
Very nice, play by play was really good and loved the batting view.........

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.