Home
Backbreaker News Post

Gamespot has posted video developer diary #2 from Backbreaker. This one covering Euphoria.

Quote:
"The developers go in-depth into their Eurphoria engine to show off the amazing things it does in Backbreaker."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mgoblue678 @ 02/19/10 07:41 PM
That was really impressive. The rb reaching out with the ball to get in the endzone, the true gang tackles, the collisions in mid air and the blitz pick up on that one play all looked fantastic. That last play was absolutely beautiful as well. I have no idea how somebody could watch that video and not be impressed by it. Still think the throwing animation could use some work but I can live with that.

With that said , hopefully we can start getting some info on the playbooks and the cpu ai which I still am unsure about.

At the moment this is looking like a first day purchase for me.

It is pretty clear that Euphoria or a similar engine is the future of sports games, at least to me. At this point, it makes any other tech used in current sports game look rather mundane to say the least.

# 22 J-Unit40 @ 02/19/10 08:09 PM
WOW! Now this game has my full attention! That was impressive. The ballcarrier. The tackling. The collisions. The player interaction. Wonderful.

I did not expect to be excited about this game, but I sure am now.

Thanks for posting.

# 23 dickey1331 @ 02/19/10 08:29 PM
I think this game could be pretty fun. Maybe not sim football but still looks fun.

# 24 lasthour @ 02/19/10 08:30 PM
MMM...mmmmmmmmm This game looks really good. This looks like it is really a "next gen" game. I also like how they showed that falcon on the helmet. I like what these guys are doing.

# 25 booker21 @ 02/19/10 08:50 PM
Enough with Physics and euphoria animations, we know they looks great.

What about game modes? customization? could we create an NFL structure league?
Artificial intelligece?

If the AI sucks the rest is pointless to me.

Games does look great, but player models are really bad imo, They are far from real. Hope they work on next version (if there is one).

Also i think we need to see more "normal" tackles (wrap tackles). 90% of the tackles were Big Hits.

# 26 alliance4g63 @ 02/19/10 09:21 PM
Just noticed something great and if you read any of my past posts in the Madden forum you will see that I asked that this be implemented in Madden.

At 2:00.. WE FINALLY HAVE MOMENTUM! Two defenders over ran the play and there was nothing they could do but attempt an arm tackle. Wow..That is football. That is how it should have been all along.

The day is finally here. This may be just the beginning and it may not be great with the first game but the foundation is there. Now either they need to stick with it or someone needs to buy the rights and use it right. So stay away Ea!

# 27 alliance4g63 @ 02/19/10 09:26 PM
Sorry to post again but damn.. You really have to do a few rewinds to really appreciate what is really going on. The best thing that I am noticing is that defenders seem to have a focused purpose. The blitzers actually looks like he is trying to kill the Qb if not picked up and the tacklers seem relentless to make tackles.

Also check out 2:26..That is just pure beauty there. Look how the defender pursues the ball. He even tracks it with head movement and then drills the receiver!

I am truely amazed at this video now.

# 28 LBzrule @ 02/19/10 10:02 PM
WOW a back shoulder throw. In Madden that would have resulted in an INT

# 29 LingeringRegime @ 02/19/10 10:04 PM
Love the ball physics, deflections, etc. Glad to see people are starting to awaken.

# 30 mgoblue678 @ 02/19/10 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I need to see the finished product. If they incorporate interactive sidelines,refs,and genuine gameplay,not just hard hitting tackles, but wrapups and the like as well, it may sway my decision.
I still can't get used to those futuristic uniforms, though...

I think at this point a small dev team releasing their first football game, has more important priorities than having interactive sidelines and refs.

# 31 Glorious Arc @ 02/19/10 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I think at this point a small dev team releasing their first football game, has more important priorities than having interactive sidelines and refs.
Exactly

To give up the amount of realistic game play that BB has shown in its videos because of uniforms and side lines/other presentation would be silly. BB is going to be the standard that ALL sports games will have to hold themselves to for game play(the single most important aspect of any sports game) When we thought of next-gen sports gaming we thought of what BB would give us and instead NO other gaming company has moved away from pre-canned animations.

I laugh at people who say that BB wont be a "sim" game. IMO it will be the only "sim" sport game to be released so far. No other sport game has the ability that BB has to produce realistic physics and that is one of the most important aspects to creating a sim game. I honestly wasnt sure how good the it would work but after further videos, I am highly impressed with the game play.

You can dress up a pile of poo with gold, glitter, and expensive clothes but it still doesnt change the fact that it is a pile of poo and will stink. That is exactly what madden has done for itself(and I will go as far to say that is what other sport games have done for themselves as well instead of creating what BB has game play wise)

If I come off in the wrong way or am wrong about other games, I apologize for both my tone or ignorance

This video just solidified a first day purchase from me and I intend to recommend to everyone to see any new videos and suggest the game for them as well. Countless things the game just showed are done "right" compared to the other football games that have been trying to get it right for years.

# 32 boooey @ 02/19/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I need to see the finished product. If they incorporate interactive sidelines,refs,and genuine gameplay,not just hard hitting tackles, but wrapups and the like as well, it may sway my decision.
Sega,
You are completely missing the point here. its not about the Futuristic uniforms, sideline activity, or refs. (which Madden next gen did not even have until Madden 10).

This game represents a new generation of football gaming, a new choice for consumers, and a company who wants to prove something, who wants to innovate, wants to make a better product, as opposed to just sitting back and collecting your hard earned money while putting in minimal effort year after year.

If you cannot get behind what this game stands for as a video game consumer, then its obvious what your "Agenda" truly is, and your blatant trolling of this Backbreaker forum is not going unnoticed.

# 33 LingeringRegime @ 02/19/10 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Sega,
You are completely missing the point here. its not about the Futuristic uniforms, sideline activity, or refs. (which Madden next gen did not even have until Madden 10).

This game represents a new generation of football gaming, a new choice for consumers, and a company who wants to prove something, who wants to innovate, wants to make a better product, as opposed to just sitting back and collecting your hard earned money while putting in minimal effort year after year.

If you cannot get behind what this game stands for as a video game consumer, then its obvious what your "Agenda" truly is, and your blatant trolling of this Backbreaker forum is not going unnoticed.
Yeah, I couldn't give a rats *** about sideline interaction, uniforms, shoe colors at this stage. This game will never grow boring, because no single play will be the same. This is why PES is my favorite sports franchise, because no goal is ever the same.

Does anyone know if they are going to allow you to save and upload repays? I really hope so, since you will want to immortalize the great plays in this game.

# 34 adamgod8 @ 02/19/10 10:43 PM
In case any of you guys are wondering or haven't heard, Natural Motion has the rights to the name IceBreaker...so it seems their next game will be a hockey one...imagine the collisions full speed on ice!

# 35 alliance4g63 @ 02/19/10 10:50 PM
The only thing that I am worried about is that is seems it will be more fun to play as offense than defense. While watching the moves and camera angle, I really don't see how you will play defense unless it stays in the pre-snap defensive cam. So when you are on offense you will get the close third person cam but on defense you get the far cam. I just don't see how you can make plays in close views as defense and I definitely don't know how you would switch players.

# 36 LingeringRegime @ 02/19/10 10:52 PM
From what I remember you can't switch players on defense. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

# 37 mgoblue678 @ 02/19/10 11:00 PM
I think it will be fun well to play defense from that view. Imagine playing MLB from that view and laying somebody out for example. I normally don't switch defensive players during in the play in other games so that part won't bother me.

The camera angle on both offense and defense is something I am looking forward to in the game.

# 38 jdr4693 @ 02/19/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
What?? is this a joke?? Who cares about those back of the box "flashy" things. We want CORE football fundementals not stupid interactive sidelines or how big the players are or ..how far has that got the Madden series.... THIS IS REAL FOOTBALL!

# 39 roadman @ 02/19/10 11:23 PM
Looks very impressive.

# 40 allBthere @ 02/19/10 11:26 PM
the haters keep getting more quiet

I just want the damn game already!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.