Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Franchise Play has posted plenty of Major League Baseball 2K10 videos. Here is a link to their Youtube channel.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 NumberOneRB @ 03/01/10 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
Braves vs. Astros actually.

They have Troy Glaus all screwed up. 68 for Power? Puhhlease. They give these guys coming off Tommy John surgery no credit at all. Look at Peter Moyland who came off Tommy John surgery and was 2nd in the NL in appearances.

Glaus doesn't play 2b, he's a 3B/1B and his power should be around 80.

Oh and Tim Hudson isn't a 78 either. Huddy should be AT LEAST as high as Jurrjens at 84.

Wonder how they will rate Heyward once he makes it to the Major Leagues.
What's wrong with a 78? Hudson is aging and just came off TMJ surgery, its practically a couple rating points from a good 80 rating. I think the rating has every bit to do with the uncertainty with him this season and the fact that his skills have indeed diminished over the years.

With the Living Rosters/MLB Today feature, if Hudson shows that he's all the way back healthy, and plays at a high level, I'm sure the developers will give him his due. I have to agree with the Glaus rating though; a 68 in power is REALLY low for a guy who's entire career is based on the fact that he has prolific power.

# 42 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/01/10 12:17 PM
i'm not impressed. The player models have taken a step back, it seems. Everyone is so skinny! The jerseys look terrible, and the numbers are awful.

Also, it seems like it's way too easy to get hits.

2K7 was awesome...what the hell happened!

# 43 Smitty730 @ 03/01/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Braves vs. Astros actually.

They have Troy Glaus all screwed up. 68 for Power? Puhhlease. They give these guys coming off Tommy John surgery no credit at all. Look at Peter Moyland who came off Tommy John surgery and was 2nd in the NL in appearances.

Glaus doesn't play 2b, he's a 3B/1B and his power should be around 80.

Oh and Tim Hudson isn't a 78 either. Huddy should be AT LEAST as high as Jurrjens at 84.

Wonder how they will rate Heyward once he makes it to the Major Leagues.
Dude, it's Troy Glaus. He's washed up until he proves otherwise.

You sound like a homer.

# 44 bigfnjoe96 @ 03/01/10 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
i'm not impressed. The player models have taken a step back, it seems. Everyone is so skinny! The jerseys look terrible, and the numbers are awful.

Also, it seems like it's way too easy to get hits.

2K7 was awesome...what the hell happened!
Hopefully your PS3 is working so you can play that OTHER game, since your not impressed...

# 45 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty730
Dude, it's Troy Glaus. He's washed up until he proves otherwise.

You sound like a homer.
And you base that on what? He hardly played at all last year. Tim Hudson is around the same age and barely played last year, is coming off surgery. Do you think he's washed up too?

Most Phillies (or ANY Philly sports team) fans are jackasses. You appear to be no different.

# 46 StormJH1 @ 03/01/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFelix
The commentary does seem ground breaking, but to be honest, it might start to get old after a while. How could they carry new things over from year to year in your franchise? For instance, if I win the AL West in 2010, I highly doubt that they will say, "The Mariners' quest to defend their AL West crown begins today," when I start my new season (2011). It hasn't been recorded so I don't see how it could be carried over... The commentary is truly excellent but after playing 100+ games, I am sure it will get stale and I'll start playing games with the volume down.

In order for commentary to be fresh, carrying over year to year in your franchise, something revolutionary has to happen and I don't think we're there yet.
I see your point, but frankly, if 2k can make a baseball game for 360 that I could actually TOLERATE playing an entire season with, I'll worry about the stale commentary issue later!

I think the visuals are good enough. Improved from last year, though I didn't have a problem with 2k9's visuals either. You see some anti-aliasing and screen tearing, particularly when the ball goes near the stands, but that could also be an issue with the demo.

The one thing that does bother me is the throwing motions. Nobody seems capable of bending their wrist when they release a ball, which looks really fake. Also, OF's throwing the ball to their left or right still always look like they're throwing to home until the ball comes out. Not deal-breakers for me, but things I wish they would've improved from last year.

# 47 mwjr @ 03/01/10 03:03 PM
Quote:
Not coming off Tommy John surgery he shouldn't.

# 48 mwjr @ 03/01/10 03:07 PM
Quote:
Guys that hits 30+ homeruns year after year (which gluas did for what 5-7 years in a row?) should have 90's power. Glaus should have about 80 power, which is where Chipper is at - another player who isn't quite what he used to be. A comparison to Bmac probably wasnt fair because Bmac is on the rise and not the decline like Chipper and Glaus are. Anyways thats how I'm justifying 75/80 power for Glaus.

But then again anything you say about the Braves has to be taken with a grain of salt being a mets fan.
I'm a Braves fan. Born and raised in Savannah. Watched Hank Aaron hit #715. Grew up with Murphy, Horner, et al.

And I'm telling you Glaus should not be anywhere near a 75, much less an 80. Glaus is 34, hasn't hit 30 HRs since 2006 and essentially didn't play in 2009.

68 is being gracious.

# 49 Smitty730 @ 03/01/10 03:42 PM
Quote:
And you base that on what? He hardly played at all last year. Tim Hudson is around the same age and barely played last year, is coming off surgery. Do you think he's washed up too?

Most Phillies (or ANY Philly sports team) fans are jackasses. You appear to be no different.
That's cute.

# 50 Smitty730 @ 03/01/10 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
I'm a Braves fan. Born and raised in Savannah. Watched Hank Aaron hit #715. Grew up with Murphy, Horner, et al.

And I'm telling you Glaus should not be anywhere near a 75, much less an 80. Glaus is 34, hasn't hit 30 HRs since 2006 and essentially didn't play in 2009.

68 is being gracious.
There you go, Blazzen.

I guess Braves fans are jackasses, too?

# 51 allBthere @ 03/01/10 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
I see your point, but frankly, if 2k can make a baseball game for 360 that I could actually TOLERATE playing an entire season with, I'll worry about the stale commentary issue later!

I think the visuals are good enough. Improved from last year, though I didn't have a problem with 2k9's visuals either. You see some anti-aliasing and screen tearing, particularly when the ball goes near the stands, but that could also be an issue with the demo.

The one thing that does bother me is the throwing motions. Nobody seems capable of bending their wrist when they release a ball, which looks really fake. Also, OF's throwing the ball to their left or right still always look like they're throwing to home until the ball comes out. Not deal-breakers for me, but things I wish they would've improved from last year.
I agree on the throwing. some look good, but some look stupid because of the lack of wrist. at times the ball doesn't look like it's the product of the throwing animation either (as in a gun shot when the throw wasn't intense)

It is MAJORLY better than last year though.

# 52 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/01/10 04:09 PM
I think the ratings are good in 2k ALA NBA 2k, not making players ratings so freaking high is real and it's good. Some players don't deserve the ratings they get in Video games.

# 53 King Gro23 @ 03/01/10 04:17 PM
This years game warrants a major roster overhaul in my opinon. I will be getting to work with minors first, then Simming rosters and finding faults there

# 54 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 04:36 PM
Quote:

68 is being gracious.
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=136267

2008 he hit 27.
2007 he hit 20, but in 115 games. He was on pace to hit 26 that year with 151 games played like in 2008.
And yes, he was injured in 2009.
2010 he's fully recovered from surgery and if you read ajc.com like most Braves fan's do he's feeling great. 26-27 homeruns is a safe bet.

26-27 homeruns is Chipper Jones territory - which he's rated 75-80 in power.

I rest my case.

# 55 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 04:37 PM
Quote:
There you go, Blazzen.

I guess Braves fans are jackasses, too?
This one isn't a jackass because it was a respectful response, something you rarely see from a Philly fan.

No, this guy is just misinformed, which, (see above) I enlightened him.

# 56 Smitty730 @ 03/01/10 04:46 PM
Quote:
This one isn't a jackass because it was a respectful response, something you rarely see from a Philly fan.

No, this guy is just misinformed, which, (see above) I enlightened him.

Please, tell me, do you REALLY know what Philly fans are like or are you simply spewing ignorant garbage?

You hear other PEOPLE voice opinions on Philadelphians and you agree; instead of forming your own opinion, you follow others'.

Whatever.

Glaus hasn't been reliable in years. he's on the tail end of his career and is a significant injury risk. A 68 OVR is reasonable.

# 57 mwjr @ 03/01/10 05:15 PM
Quote:
http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=136267

2008 he hit 27.
2007 he hit 20, but in 115 games. He was on pace to hit 26 that year with 151 games played like in 2008.
And yes, he was injured in 2009.
2010 he's fully recovered from surgery and if you read ajc.com like most Braves fan's do he's feeling great. 26-27 homeruns is a safe bet.

26-27 homeruns is Chipper Jones territory - which he's rated 75-80 in power.

I rest my case.
If power were all about home runs then you might have a point. Problem is it isn't. To get a better feel for a player's power, you need to take into consider his slugging percentage, and the last 3 full seasons (didn't count Glaus' 2009) Jones' Slugging is far superior to Glaus'.

Jones
2006 - .596
2007 - .604
2008 - .574

Glaus
2006 - .513
2007 - .473
2008 - .483

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Glaus is going to be anything more than older version of Casey Kotchman, i.e. a stop-gap until Freddie Freeman's ready.

And not for nothing, but I wouldn't expect any athlete to get in a paper and talk about how worn out he is. So you'll understand if I'm a little skeptical about Glaus' personal evaluation. (And I read the ajc almost daily.) Sorry. I'm just not that gullible.

# 58 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 05:16 PM
Quote:
Please, tell me, do you REALLY know what Philly fans are like or are you simply spewing ignorant garbage?

You hear other PEOPLE voice opinions on Philadelphians and you agree; instead of forming your own opinion, you follow others'.

Whatever.

Glaus hasn't been reliable in years. he's on the tail end of his career and is a significant injury risk. A 68 OVR is reasonable.
I've heard the boo's and seen the batteries thrown in person at several Philly sports venues. Doesn't matter if it's the phillies, eagles, flyers, etc. Odd thing is nearby pittsburg fans are cool.

27 homeruns and then 20 homeruns in 115 games is unreliable? He was hurt last year and had corrective surgery and now he's back.

You're grasping at straws at this point, man.

Time will tell...

# 59 Blazzen @ 03/01/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
If power were all about home runs then you might have a point. Problem is it isn't. To get a better feel for a player's power, you need to take into consider his slugging percentage, and the last 3 full seasons (didn't count Glaus' 2009) Jones' Slugging is far superior to Glaus'.

Jones
2006 - .596
2007 - .604
2008 - .574

Glaus
2006 - .513
2007 - .473
2008 - .483

Believe me, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Glaus is going to be anything more than older version of Casey Kotchman, i.e. a stop-gap until Freddie Freeman's ready.

And not for nothing, but I wouldn't expect any athlete to get in a paper and talk about how worn out he is. So you'll understand if I'm a little skeptical about Glaus' personal evaluation. (And I read the ajc almost daily.) Sorry. I'm just not that gullible.
Just so I'm sure you actually know what slugging % is and how it's calculated, look here:
  1. Add up all official at bats. Do not include those at bats that resulted in a walk, sacrifices or hit by pitch.
  2. Step 2
    Add up total bases. Total bases are how many bases you reached in all the times you hit safely.
  3. Step 3
    Divide total bases by official at bats.
  4. Step 4
    Round to the third decimal place. For example, .57051 is .571.

Take a look at Brian McCann's slugging %. This is someone who is 70/80 in power.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=435263

Chipper hits for a high average which results in more total bases which results in a higher slugging %. This plays into Chippers higher CONTACT rating. Brian McCann also hits for a higher average and has a higher contact rating than Glaus. Glaus contact rating is where it should be. Power is not.

Capiche?

# 60 Smitty730 @ 03/01/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
I've heard the boo's and seen the batteries thrown in person at several Philly sports venues. Doesn't matter if it's the phillies, eagles, flyers, etc. Odd thing is nearby pittsburg fans are cool.

27 homeruns and then 20 homeruns in 115 games is unreliable? He was hurt last year and had corrective surgery and now he's back.

You're grasping at straws at this point, man.

Time will tell...
EVERYWHERE you go, you'll hear boos, no matter the sport or town. Philly is just a little louder, that's all.

The battery incident happened 13 years ago. A crowd of drunk college kids at the Vet.
I
Come to Citizens Bank Park. If you don't love the experience, I'll pay for your plane back to ATL.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.