Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 521 ocho cuatro @ 03/08/10 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubunko
Today's rosters were to address player potential only. Trade logic should be addressed with the next patch, expected in a couple of weeks.
But again, these trades wouldn't happen so frequently if there were fewer fake A potential players in the minors.

# 522 gubunko @ 03/08/10 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
But again, these trades wouldn't happen so frequently if there were fewer fake A potential players in the minors.
It's not just the 40-man rosters whose potentials are/were supposed to get fixed (won't be able to see until tonight).

# 523 thinkblue_09 @ 03/08/10 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubunko
Today's rosters were to address player potential only. Trade logic should be addressed with the next patch, expected in a couple of weeks.
I understand it was to address player potential. But many thought that the player potential fix might also help balance out trade logic. Since no longer are you unleashing a D potential Albert Pujols for 3 A potential prospects.

This patch is going to come as a new disc i think and cost us $20 to upgrade to it. (sarcasm, but you get my point)

# 524 bababooey76 @ 03/08/10 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash1207
Here is my take on bugs/glitches from an IT employee's standpoint.

I've been involved with many very large program deployments where I work. When it comes down to the end of the development cycle, programs get absolutely everything tested and looked over multiple times. When it is your job to put out a program for others to use, it is your job to ensure that the program works. You don't release something with the knowledge that many things are wrong and you can just fix it later.

The same thing should be expected of game developers. When you are down to the end and you're getting ready to go gold, you better have your butts in there testing the crap out of the game. You can't release a game with such glaring problems. That is your responsibility and what you are paid to do.

AMEN!

# 525 Pared @ 03/08/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
Buzz, wrong answer. If it is released a month later then the 2K series has a month long jump on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazztrumpet5
Can you possibly not be a jerkbag in your responses? We get that you're upset with the game. Stop taking it out on other people with immature remarks. PLEASE.
Settle down. Let that be the end of it.

# 526 RogueHominid @ 03/08/10 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho cuatro
Guys - they didn't fix the rosters with today's roster update. There are still 140+ A potential fake players in the system, so the trades will still be ridiculous.
What? I thought that Russel had said the miscommunication that caused the potentials to be mis-attributed was identified immediately and was to be addressed in Monday's update.

# 527 DaoudS @ 03/08/10 12:03 PM
I just checked the Yankees roster and there are 2 or 3 A level prospects, so I don't think thats bad at all.

# 528 bxgoods @ 03/08/10 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levalution
love the game....love the boards....love...love...love

BUT...

i work in software development, and if we put this product out to our customers we would all have lots more time on our hands to play it (2-3 years in a row no less). the fact that simulating through a franchise just once is enough to highlight obvious issues (price fielder and jason werth on wavers for example) illustrates to me the approach this company takes to quality assurance.

again, don't get me wrong...i appreciate the effort of everyone contributing to the game and the board...BUT...its obvious the people running THE SHOW...don't feel like its a deal braker to tell joe shmo out 60 bucks...deal with it...we will get to it (maybe)...and thats bad business IMHO.
I thought the same thing when I first played the game.
I work in a advertising agency, and you usually theres a person in charge for checking for mistakes. If we let out a ad to a client, with this many blatant mistakes, the person whose in charge of supervision would be fired on the spot. One or two hard to find mistakes, would be cool. But most of the bugs in Franchise are pretty big. I'm not callling for anyones head, it just makes you wonder how so many big and obvious issues like this slip through the cracks.

# 529 DaoudS @ 03/08/10 12:15 PM
Just as a question: I haven't been following this thread much because I have been playing exhibition.

The problems are that too many good player are on waivers and too many A-potential prospects, right?

Having quickly just browsed a couple of teams, I am seeing maybe a max of 5 A level players. Most of whom are fairly young, so I don't think that it is that big a deal. However, most are pitchers...so...yeah.

Is the new roster update supposed to fix the waiver problem as well? I assume that will take a patch, right?

# 530 ty5oke @ 03/08/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I just checked the Yankees roster and there are 2 or 3 A level prospects, so I don't think thats bad at all.
They have 6 in my test franchise. Maybe you weren't counting those in AA and A.

# 531 GoBucs09 @ 03/08/10 12:17 PM
Goal for MLB 11 The Show

Features:
Most up-to-date rosters
Believable working potential system
Decent trade logic
Playable Franchise out of the box

Forget everything else, that's all I want. Nothing else. No other new features, just franchise. Everyone focus on franchise and spend months and months testing it and fixing it. Hire an extra 100 people just to work on the Franchise. Where's the suggestion box?

Sorry, I'm frustrated.

# 532 redskinst21 @ 03/08/10 12:18 PM
so do we have a date on when the patch to fix the franchise bugs will be released??

# 533 roolz @ 03/08/10 01:07 PM
Im not looking to get into a flaming war or anything and I fully appreciate the anger/disappointment that some people are feeling etc.

But to say that the game does not work as some are saying is simply a lie.

1 - Gameplay works, fact is it plays a game of baseball thru innings 1-9 and extras if required. My opinion is that is does a good job of that, which is portrayed in all modes including Franchise.

2 - Franchise mode works. The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along. Now 'realism' is something alot of people strive for, but 'realism' is not a gamebreaker.... once you start a Franchise and let the CPU take control, then you instantly enter into a fantasy world, where by the CPU will do what it feels best for its team(s). Pujols for instance may well be a superstar, but if the CPU thinks, well I can cut his salary and acquire 3 'A' future stars then well thats a good thing. Realistically it would not play out, but in game... well its another 'realm'.

Ive waffled but the point of this post is, the mode works, there may be actual glitches/bugs that could do with ironing out, but the mode works and if you can look beyond what should happen IRL then the mode would be alot of fun, seeing teams acquire new talent and try to make themselves something they are not.

Finally I have no doubt that SCEA will actually listen to the 'realism' angle and patch the game to do what it can to mirror real life, but as it stands try to enjoy it. The gameplay is there and you do have a working Franchise mode that will let you play out an MLB season.

# 534 GoBucs09 @ 03/08/10 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Im not looking to get into a flaming war or anything and I fully appreciate the anger/disappointment that some people are feeling etc.

1 - Gameplay works, fact is it plays a game of baseball thru innings 1-9 and extras if required. My opinion is that is does a good job of that, which is portrayed in all modes including Franchise.

2 - Franchise mode works. The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along. Now 'realism' is something alot of people strive for, but 'realism' is not a gamebreaker.... once you start a Franchise and let the CPU take control, then you instantly enter into a fantasy world, where by the CPU will do what it feels best for its team(s). Pujols for instance may well be a superstar, but if the CPU thinks, well I can cut his salary and acquire 3 'A' future stars then well thats a good thing. Realistically it would not play out, but in game... well its another 'realm'.

Ive waffled but the point of this post is, the mode works, there may be actual glitches/bugs that could do with ironing out, but the mode works and if you can look beyond what should happen IRL then the mode would be alot of fun, seeing teams acquire new talent and try to make themselves something they are not.

Finally I have no doubt that SCEA will actually listen to the 'realism' angle and patch the game to do what it can to mirror real life, but as it stands try to enjoy it. The gameplay is there and you do have a working Franchise mode that will let you play out an MLB season.

I completely agree with your first point. The game is awesome, I love exhibition and HRD. Which brings me to your second point and why I'm frustrated/disappointed. While Franchise, technically "works" and there are workarounds that aren't unreasonable, it just doesn't seem to be up to SCEA standards.

Maybe they had too many ambitious goals and had limited time to work on Franchise. Which is why for next year I hope they focus on just putting out the best product and cut down on new features. On March 2nd, 2011 I want to put in 11 The Show and take a look at franchise and say, wow this is awesome. Check this out, check that out, this is sweet. Can't say that about '10.

I digress though and am confident that the SCEA team will work on the franchise issues and get it up to par before the end of the month.

# 535 RoyalBoyle78 @ 03/08/10 01:32 PM
wait, so we are not getting a franchise patch?

# 536 The Chef @ 03/08/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSeyton
Umm, your point 2 is a flat out lie. You said:
"The premise of a Franchise mode is to let you control a team (or more) and to then let you play a season or seasons making the moves you want, whilst the game (CPU) plays along."

The way it is now the CPU TRADES YOUR PLAYERS FROM YOUR TEAM.

So, by using your very own definition of the premise of Franchise Mode it IS broken. You are wrong, we are right. NEXT.
I swear, you just go around instigating things every chance you get. Do you not know how to respond to people without calling people "liars" or similar statements? I guess one mod warning you wasnt quite enough, I wouldnt be shocked if your 2 week stay didnt last much longer.

# 537 mjarz02 @ 03/08/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
So downloaded new rosters. Trade logic is still awful.

May 21st: Albert Pujols traded for Chad Moeller, Broderick Giambi, and Roumlo Delgaudio from the O's

June 30th: Albert Pujols traded for Odalis Marte and Jimmie Edmonds from the Giants

Pujols traded twice?!?! Come on man, this is awful!!!!

Do you guys play with budgets on or off?? I play with them off and have not seen a lot of the trade problems other people are seeing. Not saying that its fullproof, just havent seen crazy trades like everyone else.

# 538 countryboy @ 03/08/10 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
wait, so we are not getting a franchise patch?
I can't say with 100% certainty as I don't work for SCEA or have any inside knowledge...but I would be shocked...completely shocked, if they didn't release a patch to try and address the issues that were spoken about in Kolbe's initial post.

# 539 roolz @ 03/08/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Do you guys play with budgets on or off?? I play with them off and have not seen a lot of the trade problems other people are seeing. Not saying that its fullproof, just havent seen crazy trades like everyone else.
That makes sense, ive not tried it (unless they are off by default).

If teams are dumping last year vets for financial reasons, take away that reason... and how do they react?

What are the downsides to no budgets? Teams like Pittsburgh spend like the Yankees I assume?

# 540 cardsfan2222 @ 03/08/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz

The problem with #2 is that I don't want to have to decide what's best for the CPU teams. I want to use 30 team control as a way to fix obvious issues, like keeping a good player making 2 million or so in AAA because there hasn't been an injury. I don't want to have to decide if every trade they propose is really good for them. I don't want to see cornerstone players be traded multiple times every season, or teams trying to rebuild when they're still in contention.

Even with these flaws, I could use the workaround and it wouldn't be the worst thing ever. However, not being able to use the draft without picking for every team is just dumb. I shouldn't have to sim the draft and not be able to improve my team just so I don't have to pick for every single team. Franchise mode now is more like commissioner mode, because I will have to spend more time doing things for the other teams than my own. Franchise mode is technically playable, but its far from what it was in 09.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.