Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 581 menos9 @ 03/08/10 11:44 PM
First off, I think MLB 10 is an awesome game. I love how hard San Diego Studios works on it each year. I was just wondering if there is going to be any updates to the stadiums in one of the patches? Dodger Stadium has no people sitting behind each dugout. It is just a grey area where seats should be. It doesn't affect gameplay, but as a Dodger fan I know that there should be seats behind each dugout. Can this be fixed?

# 582 flyinhawaiian @ 03/09/10 01:23 AM
With 30 team control, is it possible to have all of the day's games except yours automatically simulated before you get into your own game without doing them one by one. This is for the out of town scoreboard to be accurate during your game

# 583 flyinhawaiian @ 03/09/10 01:24 AM
With 30 team control, is it possible to have all of the day's games except yours automatically simulated before you get into your own game without doing them one by one. This is for the out of town scoreboard to be accurate during your game

# 584 raidx @ 03/09/10 01:47 AM
When will a patch that fixes the franchise issues be released?

Thanks

# 585 Pennington MVP @ 03/09/10 02:20 AM
I got a bug twice in a row in Tropicana Field. Got to the top of the 9th and clicked select to see the pitcher's stamina, etc. and it froze both times.

# 586 tsl141 @ 03/09/10 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levalution
love the game....love the boards....love...love...love

BUT...

i work in software development, and if we put this product out to our customers we would all have lots more time on our hands to play it (2-3 years in a row no less). the fact that simulating through a franchise just once is enough to highlight obvious issues (price fielder and jason werth on wavers for example) illustrates to me the approach this company takes to quality assurance.

again, don't get me wrong...i appreciate the effort of everyone contributing to the game and the board...BUT...its obvious the people running THE SHOW...don't feel like its a deal braker to tell joe shmo out 60 bucks...deal with it...we will get to it (maybe)...and thats bad business IMHO.
I'm not trying to single you out, but seeing posts like this make me laugh. First let me say, at least you're not a transplant from the 2k series. If you think this is bad, 2k8 AND 2k9 had so many bugs and glitches that went BLATANTLY ignored. As in 2k wouldn't even comment on them. As in 2k members would actually post on any subject EXCEPT bugs or glitches. Within 1 day, SCEA was already responding to the bugs and glitches of franchise mode.

Secondly, you name me a game without bugs or glitches, and I'll sell you some ocean front property in Idaho. EVERY game has bugs or glitches no matter how small or how big they may me. So if you think you're throwing away $60 on this game, just add up how much you've spent on any game in the past and realize how much you've really thrown away.

Last, but not least, the main glitches are focusing around player movement in franchise. Simple solution? Don't play franchise for a few weeks. Is it really going to kill you to play exhibition or season or rrts or online? I'm a franchise guy myself, but when I get tired of franchise I always go back to good old exhibition games. Use the time to experiment with different teams and different players and prepare yourself for franchise to be fixed.

Modern Warfare 2 is one of the biggest selling titles to date and it's already had at least 3 patches to fix it. Two coming within a month of each other. So relax, a fix is coming. As much as the franchise glitches suck, the game play itself is nothing short of amazing.

# 587 PsychoBulk @ 03/09/10 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidx
When will a patch that fixes the franchise issues be released?

Thanks
We dont know exact dates yet but it IS coming,

Patience guys, SCEA know of these problems and will sort them for us.

# 588 x1Blumpkin1x @ 03/09/10 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
We dont know exact dates yet but it IS coming,

Patience guys, SCEA know of these problems and will sort them for us.
It has been confirmed that a patch is coming?

# 589 phatjoe @ 03/09/10 09:45 AM
Let me apologize up front if this has been addressed in the 60 some pages in this thread but I didn't see this as an identified issue in the first post by SCEA dev team.

Any game played @ Tampa Bay freezes after the 6th inning when hitting SELECT during the game. It happens every time you play. While browsing the bugs/glitches thread I saw multiple people posting this same issue. I would think this would certainly have to make the next patch right? Otherwise you could never play @ Tropicana field which is a major major problem.

# 590 GoBucs09 @ 03/09/10 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatjoe
Let me apologize up front if this has been addressed in the 60 some pages in this thread but I didn't see this as an identified issue in the first post by SCEA dev team.

Any game played @ Tampa Bay freezes after the 6th inning when hitting SELECT during the game. It happens every time you play. While browsing the bugs/glitches thread I saw multiple people posting this same issue. I would think this would certainly have to make the next patch right? Otherwise you could never play @ Tropicana field which is a major major problem.
Some one identified thie problem in the tropicana freeze workaround thread. It has to do with entering the bullpen from the quick menu. As long as you don't enter the bullpen from the quick menu it won't freeze. There are a few other workarounds like pressing start after exiting the bullpen and using a different stadium.

It's a pretty easy workaround just use the start menu to enter the bullpen.

# 591 PsychoBulk @ 03/09/10 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
It has been confirmed that a patch is coming?
Pretty much, yes.

They are on a break but will sort these issues when they get back.

# 592 x1Blumpkin1x @ 03/09/10 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Pretty much, yes.

They are on a break but will sort these issues when they get back.
Cool, thanks. A well deserved break, the game is fantastic. I am still enjoying messing about in franchise even with the existing issues, and the gameplay/presentation is such a big improvement.

# 593 sparty404 @ 03/09/10 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
In your line, do you work exclusively on PS3 hardware and use PS3 devkits? Do you have less than a one year development cycle to work on your software? While what you do "MIGHT" be similar to what it takes to write code for a videogame, it is not the same and you can not assume that it is. The shareholders don't give a damn about how the game is. They just want it to be released when Sony says they would release it. As a result, when they (devs) get closer to the go-gold date, if they find a bug they just have to code it for the next patch. All the testing in the world is meaningless if you aren't given enough time to correct the bugs. Coding for a videogame is NOTHING like coding for a word processor. Anything as interactive as game software is insanely more difficult.

I'm sure if the devs had an infinite cycle time they'd be able to squash every bug there is. But they need to get each iteration of the game out there in a short few months after the last game has gone out. They don't have the 5 year development time that other genres might have. (Hell, look how long it takes Operating Systems to come out, and those are STILL full of bugs even with massive QA processes).
I think you're missing the point. When bugs are OBVIOUS the first time you sim a season it is hard to justify why it got through to the final build.

I also understand how, when you increase you're "test" base by the millions after release, why you may discover some "hidden" bugs. But what the original point was here is that there are a number of bugs that would have been quite obvious had they just simmed a franchise season. Now, I'm sure at some point they did, but I'd like to understand a bit more of the "inner workings" related to the game development to understand how these things that are so obvious get through to the final build. If it is a matter of rushing to meet the street date, it is truly unfortunate that the "street date" is so important that it impacts the quality of the released product.

All of this being said (here comes the disclaimer), the game is good enough (and there are no real alternatives) that I'll wait patiently and sure enough buy the game next year as well.

# 594 greenngold01 @ 03/09/10 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K
I'm confused, when you say "fixed" does that mean that you fixed it on your end and you just need to patch it or it is already patched and it won't be an issue if I start my franchise today?

Sorry, I've been away from the boards for awhile and now that I have a week off I'm anxious to start playing

# 595 thinkblue_09 @ 03/09/10 11:11 AM
I don't want to be a disgruntled player, and I really am not. I have started my franchise using workarounds and am hoping a patch will fix the issues I might see a month or two down the road BUT............

To everyone who defends SCEA and jumps on those who are dissapointed let me say please STOP!!

Let the dissapointed be dissapointed, let the upset be upset. They have that right. If you like the game and you are not upset or dissapointed then good for you. You can point out what you like about the game, or hope for a fix or be positive about solutions. But to defend the game as being just "EVERY game has bugs or glitches no matter how small or how big they may b." and "Don't play franchise for a few weeks" seems like you are somehow prioritizing your feelings above the person who says they are dissapointed.

Imagine any other situation where this happens, and you can't compare apples to apples here, but you can compare the product to other products:

1. You buy a HD TV, but the HD doesn't work. Don't worry though Sony knows about it and they will fix it with a firmware patch in the next few weeks or months. In the meantime enjoy everything in 480I.

2. The Sony Blu-Ray player you just bought won't play regular DVD's, but Sony's aware of that and is working on a fix. In the meantime buy more Blu-rays.

3. You got a brand new Sony Laptop and guess what, everything is excellent, best laptop in many ways except the mousepad doesn't work on it. There is a couple work arounds though, so shouldn't be a big deal.

The point is, the customer has the right to say: This is bad business practices, and I paid money for a product that I expected to work how I want it to work. Just because it's a game doesn't mean that it is allowed to be worse quality. I only used Sony products to make a point, but realistically you could use any situation. The problem with SCEA is two things: 1- The 2k series is so bad and there is no other competition that people will put up with this bad product. 2- People not only put up with these "Bugs" in video games, but according to the poll they think the game is "GREAT!" Why would SCEA change when this is the environment their games are released into.

# 596 Pared @ 03/09/10 11:16 AM
This is a private forum. Please don't lecture anyone on what they have the right to say.

If a consumer has an issue with "Sony's Blu-Ray player," they don't go to AVS forum to complain, they go to Sony's official website or contact customer service. Your point doesn't apply here.

But this thread also has nothing to do with any of that. So let's get back to the topic - if you have issues with the Franchise mode that haven't been stated, feel free to point them out so they are known.

# 597 Woodweaver @ 03/09/10 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenngold01
I'm confused, when you say "fixed" does that mean that you fixed it on your end and you just need to patch it or it is already patched and it won't be an issue if I start my franchise today?

Sorry, I've been away from the boards for awhile and now that I have a week off I'm anxious to start playing
It means they have fixed it on their end, and said fix will presumably be available in a forthcoming patch.

# 598 thinkblue_09 @ 03/09/10 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This is a private forum. Please don't lecture anyone on what they have the right to say.

If a consumer has an issue with "Sony's Blu-Ray player," they don't go to AVS forum to complain, they go to Sony's official website or contact customer service. Your point doesn't apply here.

But this thread also has nothing to do with any of that. So let's get back to the topic - if you have issues with the Franchise mode that haven't been stated, feel free to point them out so they are known.
Sorry, wasn't trying to lecture. Was trying to prove a point that people also have the right to be dissapointed. Seems like anytime someone says they are dissapointed they are told off in someway.

# 599 Pared @ 03/09/10 11:33 AM
Many people are disappointed. The problem is how they are expressing it here on the forum.

Some express it well and maturely; others go to far and start to dig in.

Many people see the issues, and instead of asking what is going on or how they can fix it, would rather post, "this is simply ridiculous I spent $60 for this cmon!11!!"

The frustration is there, but I would still challenge most to find comparable service on a game that was just released with a small dev. cycle and with a place to have direct access to those who make the game and are working to fix these issues.

It could be worse. In a perfect world we'd all be playing each other online and high-fiving your buddy over a great game. Although some are doing that now anyway... Perspective.

# 600 bxgoods @ 03/09/10 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
Sorry, wasn't trying to lecture. Was trying to prove a point that people also have the right to be dissapointed. Seems like anytime someone says they are dissapointed they are told off in someway.

I agree with you, don't let the haters phaze your opinion. I'll be patient for the fix, but I am very dissapointed in the bugs this year.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.