Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 641 Black59Razr @ 03/09/10 03:00 PM
During Franchise (fantasy draft) Carlos Delgado played catcher while the teams other 2 catchers were on the bench.

# 642 Pared @ 03/09/10 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
As for the game itself, it's been talked about over and over that these days sports games are not made with the hardcore franchise player in mind. You can dispute that all you want, but the fact of the matter is that every game from Madden, to The Show, to FIFA and everything in between has been plagued by more issues in their various franchise/dynasty modes than anywhere else.
The irony in all of this? I've spoken with three major developers of 2 different sports that spend so much time over the franchise portion of the game it's ridiculous. A few certain members of SD Studios teams did nothing but talk about franchise during our time out there for community day with Jim and Knight.

It's not like the mode is being ignored. It just seems to be a monumental task to take it all in and be able to deliver a problem-free solution. And this is across the board... expectations are high; not sure about resources but time seems very limited.

# 643 VitaminKG21 @ 03/09/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The irony in all of this? I've spoken with three major developers of 2 different sports that spend so much time over the franchise portion of the game it's ridiculous. A few certain members of SD Studios teams did nothing but talk about franchise during our time out there for community day with Jim and Knight.

It's not like the mode is being ignored. It just seems to be a monumental task to take it all in and be able to deliver a problem-free solution. And this is across the board... expectations are high; not sure about resources but time seems very limited.
Don't get me wrong here Pared, I'm sure they spend a crazy amount of time working on franchise mode and I would never say it's been completely ignored.

My point is simply that given the time crunch and possible resource limitations, when push comes to shove it's always going to be the graphics and the gameplay that get that little bit of extra love. We here at OS may not like it, but judging by the popularity of franchises like The Show, it doesn't seem to hurt their bottom line.

I do think, and this is just one person's humble opinion, that this game in particular has reached a point where they could afford to rest on their laurels so to speak when it comes to the look and feel of it all and really take the extra time necessary to address the issues within franchise mode, pre-release.

Stat tracking, getting the draft to work right, getting waivers and trades to work right and with decent logic, tweaking the player rating system to make it more user friendly in terms of potential and all that. Dedicating a full development cycle to these things would go a long way IMO.

# 644 Dreifort @ 03/09/10 03:35 PM
Quote:
I hate to break this to you, but intentionally or not, they already have. That might seem too negative to some, but you can't tell me that franchise mode has come close to keeping up with the graphics and overall gameplay.
SCEA has come close, that's what makes it so successful IMO.

Again, just my belief personally... but look at failed success in the past? If SCEA plays to the graphics to try and win over arcade baseball gamer vs baseball fans who enjoy good graphics but love franchise/realistic baseball aspects... the series will die IMO.

High Heat was supposed to be the game that ended it all to be all that and a bag of chips. It was...for it's short life. Then suddenly, not only was the franchise/realistic baseball aspects sacrificed for graphics -- they ****ed with the menu navigation to resemble console navs to make a crossover to consoles(reminder this game was a PC game primarily) and they limited any management aspect. That very release they did that, the series never recovered and the series died along with the company behind it, team .366 and their parent 3DO.

# 645 VitaminKG21 @ 03/09/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreifort
SCEA has come close, that's what makes it so successful IMO.

Again, just my belief personally... but look at failed success in the past? If SCEA plays to the graphics to try and win over arcade baseball gamer vs baseball fans who enjoy good graphics but love franchise/realistic baseball aspects... the series will die IMO.

High Heat was supposed to be the game that ended it all to be all that and a bag of chips. It was...for it's short life. Then suddenly, not only was the franchise/realistic baseball aspects sacrificed for graphics -- they ****ed with the menu navigation to resemble console navs to make a crossover to consoles(reminder this game was a PC game primarily) and they limited any management aspect. That very release they did that, the series never recovered and the series died along with the company behind it, 3DO.
I never played High Heat, but I agree that as soon as a sports game maker decides to completely ignore the hardcore base, it's doomed.

This is not what SCEA has or is doing, I'm just hoping they can make it even better than it already is instead of burning my like the NCAA Football crew.

Sorry, that was a cheap shot.

# 646 Pared @ 03/09/10 03:40 PM
Quote:
Don't get me wrong here Pared, I'm sure they spend a crazy amount of time working on franchise mode and I would never say it's been completely ignored. - SNIP -
No, you're completely right. How many times do you look on the back of the box of a sports game and see, "New Franchise features with realistic trades!"

Still, from what I've seen and discussed, they don't go always untouched. I know that wasn't the case here and in a few other games.

Edit - Guys, let's not try and go too far off track. I don't want to have to lock the thread because we have gone very off-topic as it is.

# 647 GoBucs09 @ 03/09/10 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Edit - Guys, let's not try and go too far off track. I don't want to have to lock the thread because we have gone very off-topic as it is.
You aint kidding! I'm happy I vented my frustration, unfortunately it was at your guys expense.

I think someone posted a new bug in the last 3 or 4 pages but we (I) buried it. oops

# 648 ARMORALLL @ 03/09/10 04:09 PM
Truth is the more new things sony adds to the game, the more problems there are to fix along the way. I remember last year people were complaining about MLB 09 and now people are saying it played much more smoothly. No game is ever perfect but I hope with enough patch work the game can be playable the way it has been.

# 649 Dreifort @ 03/09/10 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMORALLL
Truth is the more new things sony adds to the game, the more problems there are to fix along the way. I remember last year people were complaining about MLB 09 and now people are saying it played much more smoothly. No game is ever perfect but I hope with enough patch work the game can be playable the way it has been.

I think most of the new additions to MLB10 are in good working order...it's previous functions/abilities that worked fine in MLB09 are now buggy in MLB10.

# 650 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/09/10 04:28 PM
You know one thing that I think is over looked here and shows that these guys do listen to us.......In a thread were we were discussing franchise issues I brought up how major leaguers were getting sent down with out having to pass through waivers. Kolbe wrote that those guys had options left, per the place they get it.

We showed him that players with more than 5 years of service could not be sent down without having to pass through waivers.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-pics-12.html

I made a suggestion as a fix to give all players with more than 5 years service all options used....

Latest update all players I have looked at have 3/3 for options if they have played more than 5 years.

Great work!!

# 651 tylersmom000 @ 03/09/10 04:52 PM
Just curious if anybody knows how to get started. I put the game in and it says I have version 6.10 and need to update to version 6.20. When I do this it then says that it can't read the disk. The game is brand new, just out of the package.

# 652 PsychoBulk @ 03/09/10 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
You know one thing that I think is over looked here and shows that these guys do listen to us.......In a thread were we were discussing franchise issues I brought up how major leaguers were getting sent down with out having to pass through waivers. Kolbe wrote that those guys had options left, per the place they get it.

We showed him that players with more than 5 years of service could not be sent down without having to pass through waivers.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-pics-12.html

I made a suggestion as a fix to give all players with more than 5 years service all options used....

Latest update all players I have looked at have 3/3 for options if they have played more than 5 years.

Great work!!
Yep, indeed.

In the same way Kolbe was superb in making sure that was fixed, he and the whole team will be again in making sure the patch corrects all the major issues we want it too.

I keep saying it, but patience is a virtue in this case.

# 653 ltw0303cavs @ 03/09/10 05:54 PM
Amen Psycho, Amen

# 654 yopis @ 03/09/10 06:13 PM
Only thing is, patch does not help people without online.What about all those disk sitting on store shelves with an incomplete game?I know ill get the patch but what about those people?I love the show and know the problems will get worked out but, it's sad that the game got put on in this condition.When you look and see that a demo is still not out, and the website is not done, you can get an idea of how sloppy this year was handled.Praise the devs when they do good but, patch or no patch it's gonna be rough for some people with this game till next year.

# 655 PsychoBulk @ 03/09/10 06:17 PM
I would suggest those without online, the majority wont have the feintest idea 99% of these issues exist.

# 656 yopis @ 03/09/10 06:29 PM
Maybe but maybe not.

Still like the game though I think it's light years better than last year when it's working.

# 657 SoxFan01605 @ 03/09/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
Only thing is, patch does not help people without online.What about all those disk sitting on store shelves with an incomplete game?I know ill get the patch but what about those people?I love the show and know the problems will get worked out but, it's sad that the game got put on in this condition.When you look and see that a demo is still not out, and the website is not done, you can get an idea of how sloppy this year was handled.Praise the devs when they do good but, patch or no patch it's gonna be rough for some people with this game till next year.
lol...I think the website's state is a really poor example of what you're trying to say, but I see your point and it's perfectly reasonable.

I do agree that it's a shame for those who don't have online, but I'm a bit torn on this subject in general. On the one hand, games should definitely be in the best possible state upon release, no question.

On the other hand, their are some harsh realities to contend with...particularly for these annually released games. Time, priorities, etc are all constrictive. Plus, these consoles were promoted and advertised for their online capability. This is also the known direction of software (and has actually been that way for YEARS on the PC) as a whole. Anyone who gets these expensive entertainment systems should probably understand what they are getting into at this point.

None of this "excuses" these bugs, etc but it is the unfortunate reality of this particular industry. Like it or not, bugs do happen (and lots of them) for EVERY game. I think frustration exceeds realistic expectations for these games. These bugs are tough for some people to swallow sure, but think of all the games that are 3-4 year productions and are released with as many or more bugs that require patching.

Personally, while I get frustrated with bugs (particularly carry overs from year to year) I am more concerned with how efficiently they're addressed. If all games release with bugs, then what separates developers is how they respond. That is likely why you have so many people jumping to the defense of SCEA in this regard as they have always responded extremely well.

# 658 PsychoBulk @ 03/09/10 06:34 PM
Quote:

Still like the game though I think it's light years better than last year when it's working.
Absolutely it is, that, added with SCEA's previous record of righting the wrongs in a patch make me relaxed that all will be well in the end.

# 659 yopis @ 03/09/10 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...I think the website's state is a really poor example of what you're trying to say, but I see your point and it's perfectly reasonable.

I do agree that it's a shame for those who don't have online, but I'm a bit torn on this subject in general. On the one hand, games should definitely be in the best possible state upon release, no question.

On the other hand, their are some harsh realities to contend with...particularly for these annually released games. Time, priorities, etc are all constrictive. Plus, these consoles were promoted and advertised for their online capability. This is also the known direction of software (and has actually been that way for YEARS on the PC) as a whole. Anyone who gets these expensive entertainment systems should probably understand what they are getting into at this point.

None of this "excuses" these bugs, etc but it is the unfortunate reality of this particular industry. Like it or not, bugs do happen (and lots of them) for EVERY game. I think frustration exceeds realistic expectations for these games. These bugs are tough for some people to swallow sure, but think of all the games that are 3-4 year productions and are released with as many or more bugs that require patching.

Personally, while I get frustrated with bugs (particularly carry overs from year to year) I am more concerned with how efficiently they're addressed. If all games release with bugs, then what separates developers is how they respond. That is likely why you have so many people jumping to the defense of SCEA in this regard as they have always responded extremely well.
I dont think it's a poor point but your welcome to think what you will.I think from a company standpoint, this year was sloppy.I think the devs have a passion for the game and all that good stuff but, things got messy this year.I know that every game has bugs, it's always been that way and will always be that way to an extent.Again not trying to kick a dead horse but with everything being off schedule and an overabundance of killer bugs things are wild.

# 660 manny2k8 @ 03/09/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
I dont think it's a poor point but your welcome to think what you will.I think from a company standpoint, this year was sloppy.I think the devs have a passion for the game and all that good stuff but, things got messy this year.I know that every game has bugs, it's always been that way and will always be that way to an extent.Again not trying to kick a dead horse but with everything being off schedule and an overabundance of killer bugs things are wild.
Where are the overbundance's off killer bugs? I haven't seen any that warrant that statement and I've played over 25 full games now in franchise.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.