Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has posted some Madden NFL 11 hints from the EA Season Opener.

Quote:
"The average game took 63 minutes in Madden NFL 10, despite the fact that players were only playing football for 17 of those minutes. EA Sports promised that they'll deliver a faster experience in Madden NFL 11 for those who want to sit down and play for a few minutes and then get up and move on to the next activity. They gave no indication of how this would be accomplished, but if I was a betting man, I'd wager that they'll be adding a "hurry up" option to the list of presentation settings similar to what we see in this year's crop of MLB titles.

Another interesting factoid had to do with playcalling. Madden NFL 10 included 330 plays. The average user used 13 of them. I'm not exactly sure how they're going to get people to explore the playbook, but some sort of simplification is clearly needed."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 PGaither84 @ 03/13/10 12:19 PM
This is all some BS. Firstly they are taking online users into account only from what I read, and I'm willing to bet they are only ranked games [is online franchise ranked?] I play offline for the most part and enjoy the interface of the game [madden 10 brought back the classic last gen interface I loved for years.] My problem with madden is the game play itself. It doesn't represent real football. The menu and options and all that are nice. They are not great, but they are nice. I would like presentation to rival 2k5. I want a deep franchise mode with a lot of stats and options and features [like in-season progression, weekly preperation, player roles, etc.] We need better game play and I will not be getting excited for this game until I feel it for myself.

Articles like this only bother me.

# 142 BlueNGold @ 03/13/10 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This is all some BS. Firstly they are taking online users into account only from what I read, and I'm willing to bet they are only ranked games [is online franchise ranked?] I play offline for the most part and enjoy the interface of the game [madden 10 brought back the classic last gen interface I loved for years.] My problem with madden is the game play itself. It doesn't represent real football. The menu and options and all that are nice. They are not great, but they are nice. I would like presentation to rival 2k5. I want a deep franchise mode with a lot of stats and options and features [like in-season progression, weekly preperation, player roles, etc.] We need better game play and I will not be getting excited for this game until I feel it for myself.

No, online franchise games aren't ranked.

# 143 splff3000 @ 03/13/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

Yep, my sentiments exactly. They need to release real info and stuff before we start hearing stuff like this. One little nugget of actual info wouldn't hurt. EA is actually hurting themselves because I know 2 people that say they aren't even interested in Madden 11 now because they feel the game is going the arcade route. The Mark Turmell hire, then the "new and innovative take on Madden" comment, then the "take further advantage of consumers" comment, and now we need to simplify the game comments have cause 2 guys I know to say that they aren't even concerned with getting Madden 11 now. Now I'll admit 2 things: 1. This is nothing but 2 guys, but that's just 2 guys that I know. Who knows how many other people that I don't know feel the same way. 2. If Madden 11 is good those 2 guys will probably still buy it, but if you're EA, why even put yourself in the situation for someone to say they're not concerned with your game anymore. If they weren't going to say anything about the game, then they shouldn't have said too much of nothing at all. A lot of people, including myself, have already assumed that madden is trying to be more consumer friendly ie more arcade, simply because we have heard no news to the contrary. I know Ian said they are still focused on being sim, but Ian said a lot of things about 10 as well. I'm not trying to take a shot at him or nothing so please don't take it that way, I'm just saying we are hearing a whole lot of one thing and not a lot of the other. Now Madden 11 may be the simmest(???) football game ever, but right now it's in the hole( as far as how sim most people think it will be). If you're EA and you're trying to sell that your game is sim, then why even put yourself in that situation?

# 144 ZoneKIller @ 03/13/10 04:21 PM
This may be off topic.How is MLB 10 The Show's game? Is it more for offline gamers or online gamers? The reason I ask is because everyone says its the best sports game ever out of all the sports games.I've played 08 and I know the Franchise is deep as all getout.But what makes this game the best? Is it the online features or the offline features?

Edit.I played 08 for a couple moths but traded it.Im not a baseball fan but I missed a good franchise mode so bad in 08 I forced myself to buy it.Just couldnt do the baseball thing though.

# 145 KBLover @ 03/13/10 07:02 PM
I haven't gotten MLB 10 yet, but 09 was a solid offline franchise game as well as RTTS mode.

I would imagine it played just as well on-line as far as gameplay, but I'm not an online sports player so hopefully someone else can help you there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.