Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

IGN has posted the first Madden NFL 11 screenshots, as well as the first details on the game.

Quote:
"Not only will players recognize the boundaries of the field, but Cummings also said that they'd be fully aware of the location of first down markers. "We have specifically tuned and added support to make it so receivers wait for the ball on a curl and have awareness for the first down. Also, receivers will now be working to catch the ball in stride on crossing routes so they don't end up slowing down or losing yardage," said Cummings. He later conceded that receivers will occasionally lose yardage if it means coming back to the ball and avoiding an interception. I, for one, can live with that.

But what about defense? It seems with all this newfound firepower for the offense, the defensive guys might have fallen by the wayside. Cummings assured us that wasn't the case, saying, "We never want to make it so the offense is too powerful, so we have really focused on giving the defenders the ability to go up and also knock the ball out in mid-air. We've added all new animations for mid-air collisions so defenders have an even better ability to get up with a receiver and fight for the ball. With recent changes, players will definitely play the ball more aggressively, but the elite guys are the ones who are going to be able to hang on to it." So while you'll see wide receivers like Larry Fitzgerald going up in traffic and coming down with an astounding grab, there's certainly the opportunity for defenders like Ed Reed to make you sorry you ever tried working the ball into the middle of the field."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 King Gro23 @ 03/23/10 09:32 PM
Am I the only one who is feeling turned off by almost everything posted for Madden 11? It just looks like old re hashed stuff thats been in or they have it in, it just is pretty poor

# 102 mvb34 @ 03/23/10 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Am I the only one who is feeling turned off by almost everything posted for Madden 11? It just looks like old re hashed stuff thats been in or they have it in, it just is pretty poor
This is just the first little information for Madden 11.. Some people

# 103 lolfalconsbeatu @ 03/23/10 09:43 PM
its funny how 2 screen shots have allowed people to make up there mind about the game already

# 104 MattIntellect @ 03/23/10 09:49 PM
You know what, while that second screenshot may scare some of you, the positive side is that something is being done about Madden's catching animations. At least, THIS year we know that attention is being payed to it. They even gave it a name, "Catch Debugging Tool". Of course we've heard that sideline catches would be fixed for years, but I think that this time around their focus is not only that, but to make the catches appear more realistic and fluid with the rest of the game. We can't judge a still shot because they are often deceiving. That situation may look completely different when put in motion, albeit its appearance as a still shot may look awkward in physical terms.

# 105 carnalnirvana @ 03/23/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
its funny how 2 screen shots have allowed people to make up there mind about the game already

the second pic, is a bogus animation, the dude is shy high hugging the wr and most likely how he got there will be unrealistic

i dont know why they want these animations when they cannot make them look real, i would go for a strip animation when the both land

# 106 Cusefan @ 03/23/10 10:14 PM
This new Catching tool will hopefully Fix some of the problems with the Challenge replay.

# 107 Pacman83 @ 03/23/10 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
This Homey, yea, i said Homey. But it really funny how much folks overreact over Video Games; as if someone is making you buy it. Not even the 1st blog yet and we already got panic, kinda funny. I found OS and loved the amount of info and input i got. But a larger percent of feedback is whining. (Over Complaining)

My bad, dont post much.

# 108 Tyrant8RDFL @ 03/23/10 10:22 PM
I will be anxious for a demo. I really do not buy into the hype of what is being said in blogs or articles.

We have been there before. I remember this same time last year pretty much the entire OS forum was hyped for Madden 10 especially after reading and interacting with Ian.

There was so much that was said about so many features and it sounded great. When the game came out not only did some of those features not translate well, but some did not even exist.

Just can not get hyped over this. This means nothing to me till I get my hands on a demo or the game.

I have accepted the fact that football games just do not exist anymore, but I hate feeling that way and really want a football game to play.

I hope this year it changes.

# 109 kingkilla56 @ 03/23/10 10:26 PM
I just don't like that the screens looked basically the same as 10. I know its an early build but the NCAA sneak peek pic was sexy

# 110 CardsFan52 @ 03/23/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I will be anxious for a demo. I really do not buy into the hype of what is being said in blogs or articles.

We have been there before. I remember this same time last year pretty much the entire OS forum was hyped for Madden 10 especially after reading and interacting with Ian.

There was so much that was said about so many features and it sounded great. When the game came out not only did some of those features not translate well, but some did not even exist.

Just can not get hyped over this. This means nothing to me till I get my hands on a demo or the game.

I have accepted the fact that football games just do not exist anymore, but I hate feeling that way and really want a football game to play.

I hope this year it changes.
Talking about features that don't exist can I finally grab three friends plus myself and play a game i tried this but it didn't work. Just Curious

# 111 Pacman83 @ 03/23/10 10:30 PM
Not broken, just not what some folks want. But theres no need for them to get so upset.

(at N@x_Wizard)

# 112 shadthedad @ 03/23/10 10:34 PM
Go to youtube and compare Madden 2008 to Madden 2010. You'll see the vast improvements from 10 ft away. The game is gradually improving. It'll be foolish to scrape a successful formula (based off of sales) to appease a couple of hardcore players. They improve the game in increments. Learn the art of war my friends-Patience is a virtue. Otherwise just purchase the game every 2-3 years.

# 113 jfsolo @ 03/23/10 10:37 PM
A new gripe thread needs to be re-sticked. Those people who have made up their minds already can spend the next 5 months regurgitating the same angry retorts there, instead of infecting every new information thread with repeated posts popping off at Tiburon.

The one good thing about new Madden info is that it quickly reveals which new(occasionally veterans as well) members are petulant children who need to be put on Ignore.

# 114 oneamongthefence @ 03/23/10 10:37 PM
In regards to Ian I enjoyed him on os. He felt like one of us. A gamer which is what we all are. He's like a college roommate. Anyway, I think they still plan on being somewhat active on here simply because they keep mentioning the OS website. I liked the tidbit of info.

# 115 splff3000 @ 03/23/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
A new gripe thread needs to be re-sticked. Those people who have made up their minds already can spend the next 5 months regurgitating the same angry retorts there, instead of infecting every new information thread with repeated posts popping off at Tiburon.

The one good thing about new Madden info is that it quickly reveals which new(occasionally veterans as well) members are petulant children who need to be put on Ignore.
I don't see too much griping. I see people saying that they are not impressed with the new info. Most of us have heard these same lines before so forgive us if we're not jumping out of our seat at this "news." Having said that, yes there are a few people that don't know how to express their opinion in a civil manner, but for the most part everyone has just stated what they think about this info. I mean what do you expect when they pretty much say the same thing they've been saying for years. This thread isn't just for people that had good impressions from today's info. It's for all impressions of today's info. Now if tomorrow's blog has some new info or some in game footage of any of this stuff that was released today then you'll most likely see a more positive overall response, but not from this stuff. We've HEARD this plenty of times. We want to SEE it in game.

Note: Since IGN got to release this info first, that pretty much means Madden 11 will get a high review score from them in August.

# 116 marshallfever @ 03/23/10 10:48 PM
This one of the first time, news for Madden has not interested me at all. Usually i jump for joy with any tingle of information we get on the next iteration, but this time.....i don't care at all.

Its strange, i enjoyed Madden 10 a lot, one of the best versions i've played, yet i'm not excited at all for the next version, and what actually surprises me the most here are the journalist writing this stuff. It must be really hard trying to be positive or enthusiastic on something that promises so much year to year.

# 117 SouthernBrick @ 03/23/10 10:51 PM
I liked the info given on what they were working on and trying to get rid of. The new screen shots IMO look better than what M10's screen shots did when they first came out. Austin's face definitely looks very life like so that is a plus. I know that animation may have been in M10 but, It doesn't trigger properly and hardly triggers at all, really so hoping that gets fixed. Also player awareness is being worked on and that is definitely a biggie of mine so I'm glad a aspect of that is hopefully being addressed.

The fighting for the ball screen shot did look pretty weird IMO and a bit unrealistic. I'm not falling for the hype this year but, I'm glad the train is rolling. I can only hope some very crucial things get fixed this year and some things taken out.

I didn't expect much but, there was more than I thought in this article so I can;t really complain. Hopefully the blog tomorrow hits on a few different things and not just a saying basically what this IGN article is saying.

Another screen shot would be nice!

(Ladainian Tomlinson in a Jets jersey please)

# 118 Ian_Cummings @ 03/23/10 11:09 PM
Tomorrow's blog is going to be about the same catching stuff - IGN wanted an exclusive with us so we gave it to them.

Just figured I'd set the expectations early.

# 119 SouthernBrick @ 03/23/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Tomorrow's blog is going to be about the same catching stuff - IGN wanted an exclusive with us so we gave it to them.

Good to know then.

If Its going to be pretty much the same stuff I think we all deserve at least a Ladainian Tomlinson screen shot for tomorrow...lol.

# 120 MattIntellect @ 03/23/10 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Okay, so will get new screenshots, a very short video of it in action, or just more in depth info on what IGN released?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.