Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

For those of you that haven't been poking around various threads in our NCAA Football Forums. Jean Adams, Art Director for NCAA Football 11 has been posting quite a few interesting details.

Here are some notable quotes from Jean.

Quote:
"Here’s what we have this cycle. Some are new and others have been there for some time but all have been tuned to look more realistic. The girth of the facemask has been increased to give them a thicker look. It’s almost as if they weren’t rubber coated before.

I know this is a very minor update but we want you to know that we care about the details as well.

Ultra thin armbands are on many of the skill players and peppered through out other positions as well. They will be available through edit player as well."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 moylan1234 @ 04/08/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rodney
You must not watch a lot of football then...
actually that's pretty much all I do, but like most football fans I'm more concerned with the actual game than what style facemask someone is wearing

# 22 Watson @ 04/08/10 11:04 PM
I'm just waiting for an EA "slip-up" with a shot a Pro Combat uni....but you wouldn't do that to us, would you, Jean?

# 23 DubTrey1 @ 04/08/10 11:16 PM
At the end of the day, any additions are good with me. All I care about in the end is the gameplay. I could care less if the WR I just threw to was wearing Oakley wrap arounds with an iPod sticking out of his jersey - as long as the game is fun..... Just my opinion -

# 24 moylan1234 @ 04/08/10 11:18 PM
Quote:
Gameplay is the number one issue but little things like facemasks could have been added at anytime but EA takes the lazy route yet again. I mean really think about...how hard could it be to get facemasks in the game.
there's 42 facemasks to chose from I hardly call that lazy

# 25 Potatoes002 @ 04/08/10 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I'm just waiting for an EA "slip-up" with a shot a Pro Combat uni....but you wouldn't do that to us, would you, Jean?
They slipped up with a Teambuilder screenshot last year (minutes later removed) so anything is possible

# 26 geezmeister @ 04/08/10 11:21 PM
Arkansas dosent switch to Nike until July of this year. This just shows me that they are paying attention. I can't wait to see all of the new details. Good job guys. Now I would really love to see some pro combat unis. Maybe the option for eyeblack. This games gonna be sick

# 27 moylan1234 @ 04/08/10 11:31 PM
Quote:
Did I put words in anyone's mouth? Don't think I did.
several times actually. you also offended a few people in the custom covers thread.

# 28 Potatoes002 @ 04/08/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddogg
you told osubeavs "man your ignorant" you may want to read the forum rules. i know....
Well he didn't, he's banned.

# 29 42 @ 04/09/10 12:02 AM
Guys, enough - he was dealt with.

Move on...

# 30 adub88 @ 04/09/10 12:09 AM
this game is looking way better than Madden right now, they better show me something soon or this might be the first time ever that I buy NCAA Football.

# 31 Hassan Darkside @ 04/09/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
this game is looking way better than Madden right now, they better show me something soon or this might be the first time ever that I buy NCAA Football.
I was gonna say the same thing. Madden pales in comparison to NCAA's graphics right now.

# 32 Valdarez @ 04/09/10 12:55 AM
I don't get some of the shots. Some look white, others look like the nasty gray in previous versions. This hurricane shot seems to go back to the ugly gray in the NCAA10/Madden10. Why can't they get white... to actually look 'white'?

# 33 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/09/10 02:27 AM
Man I cant stop looking at this new screenshot of the U player. I cant wait to see my Baylor Bears on the field because the fight is on for the Big 12 this year....

# 34 FlyingFinn @ 04/09/10 06:06 AM
I am one of the biggest EA critics but I still don't get what all the uproar is about facemasks that can barely be seen in the game play camera.

Just my .02

# 35 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/09/10 06:12 AM
Nice new masks look good. Can't wait until ncaa comes out in a few months demo wise I mean.

# 36 noplace @ 04/09/10 08:09 AM
Nice to have the additional facemask but the revo speed needs more. Almost all of Nebraska's skilled positions were them. There should atleast be a robot and QB 1,2 for the revo speed. Hopefully they can still be added.

# 37 RoyalBoyle78 @ 04/09/10 10:24 AM
love the screen, love it, sure you will notice

# 38 Bootzilla @ 04/09/10 10:26 AM
i hope recruits and create a players will have ncaa basketball head models. Those weird face, big chin, head models look awful.

# 39 Brandon82 @ 04/09/10 11:58 AM
Its nice to see a few new masks, I would like to see the REVO SPEED ROBOT AND QB mask as well as the standard revo 3 bar that DE's DT's and LB's wear now.

Here is REVO ROBOT mask...they are becoming popular.
http://i32.tinypic.com/2yo1spj.jpg

QB REVO Speed
http://www.thephatguyknows.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/a-Zac-Lee-photo.jpg

STANDARD REVO 3 bar mask.....its a little different from the mask Tebow wears.
http://media.hamiltonspectator.topscms.com/images/6a/bb/80081e95461b8808c97d43a1c361.jpeg

It would be GREAT to see these added to the mix!!!!!! :-D

Good job so far.

# 40 Brandon82 @ 04/09/10 12:00 PM
may have to copy and paste the links guys sorry i suck on the computer LMAO

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.