Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 61 sniperhare @ 05/14/10 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Ever since I first heard about the selecting of a receiver with the right joystick by going side to side with it, I've been skeptical of how it will pan out. It will be pretty easy while scrambling or what have u to either over shoot or just not get that extra flick left or right to get the ball to who u want to pass to especially in the heat of the moment. I wonder if they have a speed setting for the right joystick. Will be interesting to see how this works out.
I don't see it being a problem, it's easy in Skate to string together a line of flip tricks and it's far more complicated than what's involved with passing in Backbreaker.

# 62 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/14/10 08:34 PM
Focus mode looks like the improved 2010 version of the passing cone. Looks good!

# 63 43Chargers4Now @ 05/14/10 08:35 PM
Nice Video. I can't wait to test out backbreaker!

# 64 bonannogiovanni @ 05/14/10 08:59 PM
I don't understand the difference in scanning the field with or without LT. I would expect that without focus mode I can target any area of the field, even an empty area to throw the ball away while being pressure, but it doesn't say it explicitly.

# 65 J-Unit40 @ 05/14/10 09:07 PM
I'm officially sold. I was a little on the fence recently, but this pushed my hype meter far enough to buy it on day one.

I also want to play the demo to seal the deal , but this game looks to be something very different, fun and engaging.

Just over 2 more weeks!

# 66 Sausage @ 05/14/10 09:49 PM
I am sold. I liken the passing to Tecmo Bowl on Performance Enhancing Drugs. I am officially sold like an inexpensive foreclosed home in a nice neighborhood. June 1st could not get here soon enough.

# 67 swaldo @ 05/14/10 10:37 PM
This is looking sweet, my interest level went way up. I'm curious why they didn't show the end of that long bomb though.

# 68 CreatineKasey @ 05/14/10 10:59 PM
I liked the part where the pass was thrown too early and the QB/WR mis-timed it. That shows there's a chance route-based passing is IN this game. That'd be a huge accomplishment IMO!

# 69 AlphaTrojan @ 05/14/10 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I don't understand the difference in scanning the field with or without LT. I would expect that without focus mode I can target any area of the field, even an empty area to throw the ball away while being pressure, but it doesn't say it explicitly.
Using LT allows you to zoom in on a receiver for increased accuracy. I don't think LT is meant to be used while scanning the field but rather to quickly lock onto a receiver.

# 70 NoDakHusker @ 05/14/10 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaTrojan
Using LT allows you to zoom in on a receiver for increased accuracy. I don't think LT is meant to be used while scanning the field but rather to quickly lock onto a receiver.
This. Increased accuracy but less peripheral vision which could lead to a sack if you aren't careful.

# 71 blackscorpion11 @ 05/14/10 11:30 PM
Nice, informative video..

Looks like this game will have a learning curve on the passing..I love it!!

Not so cheese friendly!!

# 72 SouthernBrick @ 05/14/10 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
Nice, informative video..

Looks like this game will have a learning curve on the passing..I love it!!

Not so cheese friendly!!
Hopefully not but, they always find a way.

# 73 blackscorpion11 @ 05/14/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I know, but then I can't think of Shugun. So I will leave it on. I mean they don't have real teams, so how real is going to play? In all kidding aside I like what I am seeing. I don't like the running animation, but I like the passing game.

Same here on the running animations, i can't shake the feeling that their legs move too fast in normal motion, doesnt look like full strides are being taken.. (minor complaint) ..slow motion looks great.

# 74 bonannogiovanni @ 05/15/10 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaTrojan
Ok, how do you throw the ball away then? Maybe it hasn't been implemented?

# 75 Blzer @ 05/15/10 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
I know but, I figured the action button was called that just for pre-snap.
It might be to throw the ball away as the QB.

# 76 blackngoldfan @ 05/15/10 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Passing controls look great. I wonder how much after touch there is tho. I mean, can I throw high/low by pushing up/down or is it just for leading a wr.

Also nice they showed people you can turn off all the glowing players. People can stop whining about that.

The only concern I have about the vid is the pass defense looked a little slow to react at times, but developers usually use the easy levels for vids like these.
It looks like you will be able to throw low and high as well.

Below, are 3 clips from the video.

Clip #1 explain how to scan the field and switch receivers by holding the RS left or right.

Clilp #2 explain how to switch receivers in focus mode by holding down the L trigger while moving the RS left or right.
**Notice how the right stick diagram only has arrows to the left and right in clips 1 & 2**

Clip #3 explain how to lead receivers by adding a little after touch on the right stick immediately following the pass.
**Notice how the right stick diagram has arrows in all directions**

This will be sweet for WR/DB height mismatches.

# 77 SouthernBrick @ 05/15/10 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It might be to throw the ball away as the QB.
I'm pretty confident they have a way to throw the ball away. Maybe it's in the lead passing If you flick it really hard before you throw you'll wind up throwing it out of bounds(but, I doubt it's implemented that way).

I know the A button is for more than just pre-snap though but, it probably doesn't do to many different things. I wouldn't be surprised If the A button was to throw the ball away.

Anyone remember what the pump fake button is or is that used in the analog stick?

# 78 p_rushing @ 05/15/10 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
Anyone remember what the pump fake button is or is that used in the analog stick?
down arrow on right stick

# 79 Cryolemon @ 05/15/10 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
Unless you look at who holds the NFL record for most interceptions thrown in a career.
Well yes, but he does also hold every other record.

# 80 -DaVe- @ 05/15/10 09:00 AM
Man 505 pulling all the stops! I'm impressed ! I'll give them a pass for the playermodels and equipment. The gameplay is what I care about

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.