NCAA Football 11 News Post

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ctindal21 @ 05/22/10 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Didn't say you couldn't have an opinion, I am just saying that people are being rediculous. I guess thats my opinion of others posts... ;p.

yea i understand you somewhat though because i know people go a little overboard sometimes but different people have different reasons for spendin that $60 so i dont judge LoL

# 42 steelers1 @ 05/22/10 12:37 AM
This game looks like it could be the best NCAA ever to me... the replay angles don't really effect me, and although there may be some unrealistic player moves, it is infinitely better than the twitch stuff from all the other next gen titles (the main reason for me not buying several of the games this gen).

That being said, I really really hope that throwing animation looked bad due to video compression, because that was terrible. Looks like they mo-capped a 2 year old girl trying to shot-put.

# 43 UCFTirade @ 05/22/10 02:18 AM
I could've done without this video blog. I feel like everytime Russ & crew come on the blogging talking, the videos shown are not exactly great compared to others that have been seen like the team intro videos or the actual gameplay at draft night.
I agree as well it had to be the replay chopping up on the throwing animation as no matter what, that is just waaaay to horrific to be in this game. I had a better throwing animation back in my Madden 99 on N64 than that. Looking forward to blog 3 of dynasty and E3!!

Oh, and in my personal opinion I understand that everything should be realistic but for me, replay angles are not important. The only thing that is important is that my guys look effing amazing stiff arming their way to a first down

# 44 PVarck31 @ 05/22/10 03:32 AM
Come on guys. That whole video had bad compression. I would also bet a kidney that throwing animation WILL NOT be in the final build.

# 45 Rivals @ 05/22/10 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
Go ask an espn producer and ask if they would use the replay angles if they could.
Moot point. ESPN doesn't use those angles, so if presentation is about realism, then EA is going in the wrong direction. This isn't Super Mario Cart. This is a sports game attempting to parallel a real sport. A new slogan: If it isn't in the game, leave it out of the game.

But then again, that's just my opinion.

# 46 Exonerated @ 05/22/10 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Moot point. ESPN doesn't use those angles, so if presentation is about realism, then EA is going in the wrong direction. This isn't Super Mario Cart. This is a sports game attempting to parallel a real sport. A new slogan: If it isn't in the game, leave it out of the game.

But then again, that's just my opinion.
This game is about realism. However, that does not mean the producers should be confined to the strict literary meaning of the slogan. The producers have discretion to make the best product they can (which I contend is the purpose of the slogan). As such, they have liberty to go beyond broadcast and give us such amazing angles.

But all rationalisation aside, the answer to this question is deceptively easy.

Will beyond broadcast angles benfit the game? The answer is yes. Then it is right for the producers to have these angles.

But then again, thats just my opinon.

# 47 noplace @ 05/22/10 08:10 AM
The only things I have a problem with so far are the pancakes and some of the animations. Dont know what level there playing on but on the Pryor run the 2 DL were pancaked the same way at the same time. Is this suppose the be an answer to suction blocking? Just make DL fall instead of wrestling at the LOS?

Other than that the game looks to be the best EA has offered & Im starting to get they will never get physics and animation correct. As for the throwing animation it looks like thats just a bad replay. Hopefully they will iron that out and the PS3 will be up to speed with the 360.

# 48 J-Unit40 @ 05/22/10 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
video full of bullcrap if you ask me. "kent st feels different from Michigan" they've been saying this every year for 6 years. Trying to talk me into the Read Option being different and better somehow, I don't buy it. Talking about the Option like it is any different this year, NO. I see the same horrid animations, the god awful spin moves, the jerky running and immediate full speed sprinting...this game needs a total overhaul.

replays looked cool though, ha.
The read option is different this year. Just look at the blocking. It's quite obvious.

The spin moves however are..... They just look silly.

# 49 NoleFan @ 05/22/10 09:04 AM
Oh goodness with these additions this game is going to be OUTSTANDING!

# 50 jfsolo @ 05/22/10 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
This game is about realism. However, that does not mean the producers should be confined to the strict literary meaning of the slogan. The producers have discretion to make the best product they can (which I contend is the purpose of the slogan). As such, they have liberty to go beyond broadcast and give us such amazing angles.

But all rationalisation aside, the answer to this question is deceptively easy.

Will beyond broadcast angles benfit the game? The answer is yes. Then it is right for the producers to have these angles.

But then again, thats just my opinon.

I agree with this 100%, but then again my sense of immersion is not tied to the mimicry of what we see in actual television broadcasts.

I wonder if all folks who are so insistent on actual ESPN camera shots and/or angles desire to play the game in broadcast angle only? It would seem as if they would, as the default gameplay camera would seem to me to be the most immersion destroying angle of all.

Now having to play in broadcast view would literally be a gamekiller for me, but otherwise it wouldn't bother me if people were actually able convince EA to use only "real life" camera angles. I'm just so surprised by the furor, this board is the only place I've ever seen so many people so adamant about this aspect of presentation. Actually wanting EA to do less than their "best" in this particular instance.(best of course, being a matter of perspective)

# 51 IndyBronco @ 05/22/10 11:13 AM
Russ and Ben are terrible at promoting the game on account of they say the same thing every year, they sound like politicians. Just show great gameplay and stop saying it is an early build. Just show it when its ready for the masses.

# 52 Watson @ 05/22/10 11:48 AM
Page 1 and page 6 are such polar opposites....lol.

# 53 SageInfinite @ 05/22/10 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I agree with this 100%, but then again my sense of immersion is not tied to the mimicry of what we see in actual television broadcasts.

I wonder if all folks who are so insistent on actual ESPN camera shots and/or angles desire to play the game in broadcast angle only? It would seem as if they would, as the default gameplay camera would seem to me to be the most immersion destroying angle of all.

Now having to play in broadcast view would literally be a gamekiller for me, but otherwise it wouldn't bother me if people were actually able convince EA to use only "real life" camera angles. I'm just so surprised by the furor, this board is the only place I've ever seen so many people so adamant about this aspect of presentation. Actually wanting EA to do less than their "best" in this particular instance.(best of course, being a matter of perspective)
For me its about blurring the line of what I watch on tv and what I play. These "beyond broadcast" angles EA is doing have been done before in the PS1 era of gaming. It's not like it's something new. Then when Madden 2001 and NFL 2k1 came and started using cameras closer to the ones used on tv everyone marveled at how great the games looked because you could mistake them for actual games. IMO it's just the better way to go.

Either way with EA/Tiburon why does it have to be one or the other? Why can't they use both? IMO that would be the best way to do beyond broadcast. Have cutscenes and Pre-Post play cuts with authentic angles and mix the replays with beyond broadcast cameras. They could even give the camera angle a cool name since that seems to be EA/Tiburons thing.

As far as gameplay angles, It's not my thing to have broadcast angles on a football game, but I think they should have it for CPU VS CPU games.

# 54 drowsike @ 05/22/10 12:00 PM
^this

# 55 123abcdylan @ 05/22/10 12:33 PM
Is dynasty blog 3 of 3 coming today?

# 56 Lava @ 05/22/10 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abcdylan
Is dynasty blog 3 of 3 coming today?
Doubtful. They haven't released a blog on a weekend yet.

# 57 Gusto1 @ 05/22/10 01:08 PM
I wonder if anymore of the features from the survey make there way into the game. NCAA 11 is already bringing the heat if they add the AD mode I will strip and run down my street.

# 58 jmik58 @ 05/22/10 01:52 PM
1. The first thing I noticed was the horrible throwing animation as well. Let's hope it's a previous build.

2. I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the "fake" replay angles. For a realistic game, use realistic broadcast replays. Make it feel like I'm watching a real game on t.v.

3. I'm not jumping to conclusions on the fears of an offensive powered game predicated on unstoppable rushing attacks. They are showing singular plays from random games and they aren't breaking it for TD's. I'm sure that player attributes determine how easily someone can be blocked or achieve a block. Also, the defensive alignment and assignment has a HUGE deal of importance on the success of a running play. Therefore, the read option isn't any more dangerous that other plays if you know how to defend it.

There is no "perfect" play or offense/defense in football. If there was, everyone would be using it. And seeing as how there are "120 Ways to Win", that obviously is not the case.

# 59 stylee @ 05/22/10 02:40 PM
Looked very very good, imo.

I had some confusion on some of the option stuff.

In the Air Force play, the slotback really took a wide arc path to the safety.
In one of the Georgia Tech plays, however, the slot ran straight ahead, right into the end who was supposed to be unblocked. I'm not sure of what the scheme was, but I hope most option plays look more like the former than the latter.

# 60 predator828 @ 05/22/10 02:40 PM
Im going to be really negative in this post. FYI.

Okay, my heart dropped after watching this preview. it looks like... well, a whole bunch of BS and the only thing that really changed from last year are ESPN animations and blocking assignments.

first off, my biggest complaint, 120 ways to win, the way they present it, sounds like complete bull****. they make it sound like the spread option/spread/run & shoot wasnt in the game last year. it was. every formation they talk about was. the only thing that changed was that blocking assignments were added. and adding a name to it like "120 ways to win" is supposed to make it sound like a brand new feature or something.

Locomotion, again, from the way they present it, looks like some new animations of people falling down. in that video, pryor does a now momentum WHIP AROUND spin move that makes no sense, physically, and we get the same "whoops, i missed" animation from the defender. all the rest looks like clips from last years game.

the rest is all just fluff.

im not looking forward to this game nearly as much as i was before this video. thanks, EA team.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.