Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/21/10 08:19 PM
I was going to post this a little earlier. But I have seen so many threads and interviews on Gus today. I'm all Gus out now. LOL But nice to know we are finally getting a big upgrade in the announcer's booth and presention this year. Good going Ian and company.

# 2 lgxjames @ 05/21/10 08:24 PM
I mean this is seriously info overload.........well not its not

# 3 Lava @ 05/22/10 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
So, thinking waaay back to an early screen from EA's production meeting,(there was a video of Ian introducing the team, and it was a still shot from the vid) there was a whiteboard and the word "Hammond" lined out. I assumed that to mean Hammond's lines were already recorded, but others guessed right in that it meant Hammond was out for M11.

Good job to the OS'ers who caught it and got it right!
Indeed. Nothing gets by us here, haha.

# 4 J Masta J @ 05/22/10 07:15 PM
You know, even with all the crap that's gone down over the past couple of years, I just can't help but like Ian. He's genuine. He gets it. He doesn't come across as a snake-oil salesman (that Stevenson creep). True, maybe he let us down a bit last year but I'm still rooting for the guy.

# 5 Vikes1 @ 05/22/10 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
You know, even with all the crap that's gone down over the past couple of years, I just can't help but like Ian. He's genuine. He gets it. He doesn't come across as a snake-oil salesman (that Stevenson creep). True, maybe he let us down a bit last year but I'm still rooting for the guy.
Yep...I think the guy really does at least care what gamers think about the game.

I don't believe personally, that his effort can be really brought into question.

# 6 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/22/10 07:40 PM
I cany wait for this game its going to be the best by far..

# 7 TreyIM2 @ 05/22/10 08:16 PM
Sorry, Ian, and you are "my dude", but the hair...The End. Ha.

Otherwise, WHERE IS THE GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!!??? Lol. I was-a-hopin' for some new footage but, obviously, we only got still shots for a reason. And I was a bit disappointed to hear that the new stadium audio wasn't recorded from actual stadiums for supreme authenticity but if what was created sounds great in the game, no qualms here. I did like the J-E-T-S chant from the other vid, especially. ; )

# 8 gocubs526 @ 05/22/10 08:19 PM
That "get that man a new contract" better be used in the right situation. I'm going to be so annoyed if I have a overpayed player in franchise and he uses that line.

# 9 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/22/10 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs526
That "get that man a new contract" better be used in the right situation. I'm going to be so annoyed if I have a overpayed player in franchise and he uses that line.
Damn man i was just sitting here saying the same thing because it would be messed up if I just signed a player to a big contract just to hear that when he scores.

# 10 splff3000 @ 05/22/10 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
Yeah, I feel the same way, even though I was peeved about some of last years blogs content not making it into 10. Once I sat back and thought about it, I realized that he had a lot of stuff to try to get in on one cycle, so I gave him a pass for that. He really seems like a cat that I could hang out and have a beer with.

# 11 goganious @ 05/22/10 11:52 PM
If only they would include the Bills' "Shout" song that plays after every Buffalo touchdown. Somehow I get the feeling that this one will get left out.

# 12 Fox @ 05/23/10 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goganious
If only they would include the Bills' "Shout" song that plays after every Buffalo touchdown. Somehow I get the feeling that this one will get left out.
Well, nobody ever hears it, so it wouldn't exactly be "what we see on Sunday."

All joking aside, the audio is really shaping up to look nice come August. Kudos to the audio department.

-Fox

# 13 HealyMonster @ 05/23/10 12:09 PM
The only thing I am worried about with all this audio thing is if the "maddened" it.

what I mean is that there are always features fans scream about. We have been asking for custom stadium sounds since 2005, and pretty hardcore since ncaa introduced it a few years ago.

I am hoping this dev team didn't do what they always do and just give us what THEY want and not what we want. This year they focused on Audio and stadium anthems,etc but its all for naught if we cant add our own to the game. its like "next year, we wanted to get the basics done" but the truth is that nobody really asked for gary glitter. we can put that in ourselves, you could have saved the time, energy, and money, on licensing the songs and just made it possible for us to add our own songs.

seems to me that although it sounds good, its another example of these guys having jacked up priorities or something.

# 14 boooey @ 05/27/10 08:30 PM
more EA infomercials.. i swear, it seems like they spend more money on Madden gear for the devs to wear, marketing, and Madden memorabilia to decorate their Tiburon studios than on the budget to code the freakin game..

# 15 Bgamer90 @ 05/27/10 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
more EA infomercials.. i swear, it seems like they spend more money on Madden gear for the devs to wear, marketing, and Madden memorabilia to decorate their Tiburon studios than on the budget to code the freakin game..
lol when was it wrong for a company to advertise and give info about a game?

# 16 roadman @ 05/27/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
That was in Vancouver, not Orlando.

# 17 SouthernBrick @ 05/27/10 09:04 PM
I heard a little bit of the commentary but, If I buy this game I want to be surprised when I hear it. This isn't something I need to hear. I hope this is the right guy for the job and so far I haven't read any complaints about him. Hopefully it's not so freakin' repetitive this year and I hope not to hear my player is going to be out for the rest of the game only to see him come back a series later.

I can only hope.

# 18 Mr_Riddick @ 05/27/10 11:08 PM
Agree 100% I just don't understand adding new features when gameplay should have been #1 priority from the start.Yeah at this point these feature should be implemented by now but at the same time the gamplay should be near falwless!

# 19 Bgamer90 @ 05/27/10 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
Agree 100% I just don't understand adding new features when gameplay should have been #1 priority from the start.
FYI, different people working on the game focus on different things about the game so just because there's a great focus on audio doesn't mean that gameplay improvements weren't a priority and/or were set aside.

# 20 Mr_Riddick @ 05/27/10 11:26 PM
Yeah I'm very aware of this, but gamelay is way behind, like the pp said prorities! What good is porche without the engine. But... I understand what you are saying.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.