Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

The Major League Baseball 2K10 patch v1.2 is now available for the PS3 and 360. No word on when the PC patch will be released. Please post your impressions here.

What's in the new patch? Check it out, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mike24forever @ 05/22/10 08:55 AM
Just got the update as well!

# 2 bigfnjoe96 @ 05/22/10 09:07 AM
Between pitch batter routines are not In. The rocket arms are toned down. The ball/bat physics seem better also so far. Just playing an MLB Today game. Also the game looks sharper & the colors look really nice. Looks like some Anti-Aliasing was added. Not as many jaggies as b-4.

If the Double Switch wasn't working b-4 it is now

# 3 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/22/10 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Between pitch batter routines are not In. The rocket arms are toned down. The ball/bat physics seem better also so far. Just playing an MLB Today game. Also the game looks sharper & the colors look really nice. Looks like some Anti-Aliasing was added. Not as many jaggies as b-4.

If the Double Switch wasn't working b-4 it is now
agreed, just played a game and enjoyed it.

# 4 Tomba @ 05/22/10 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
agreed, just played a game and enjoyed it.
can you just let me know if when your batting the signature styles play out? meaning there no more abrupt flash line that quickly goes to the next pitch?

# 5 DJ @ 05/22/10 11:03 AM
Someone that's playing the game pitch a few innings with your team's ace, then put in the No. 4 or 5 starter and see if there really is a difference with pitch control.

# 6 vermont1998 @ 05/22/10 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
can you just let me know if when your batting the signature styles play out? meaning there no more abrupt flash line that quickly goes to the next pitch?
Unfortunely the flash is still there.

But the game feels way too better (except for the lack of errors =W)

Pitching is REALLY harder now.

Im playing an MLB Match rigth now and i already gave up mi first BB on the 2nd inning, and it wasnt an intentional one, lol

# 7 King Gro23 @ 05/22/10 11:20 AM
I only have two questions. How in the world do you slow down CPU baserunners? They run entirely too fast.
I really dont want to do a global roster edit.
#2 Why can you not take edited rosters into My Player mode? W/o it freezing @ intro video?
(NO this CPU Baserunning speed, is not related to the patch)

# 8 bigfnjoe96 @ 05/22/10 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I only have two questions. How in the world do you slow down CPU baserunners? They run entirely too fast.
#2 Why can you not take edited rosters into My Player mode? W/o it freezing @ intro video?
KG you will not be able to slow down runners, unless you make Global Edits. The real problem is the Animations are just too fast. This has been a problem forever with this game. They need to slow down ALL the animations in this game. It's just sad that the animations look the way they do

# 9 vermont1998 @ 05/22/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
You would need to move your own speed runners velocity at the sliders...

CPU Runners have same you have.

One thing you could do (sliders) its to tune down the CPU Agresiveness while running bases

# 10 vermont1998 @ 05/22/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
its out for the ps3 as well...correct?
Yes it should

# 11 rudyjuly2 @ 05/22/10 12:18 PM
Sweet. Doing a MLB Today game with the Tigers!

# 12 bkrich83 @ 05/22/10 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
I have the show 10 but i think I may trade it in for credit to get mlb 2k10. Shiw is awesome but i am wanting something new...you gus think the patch addressed a majority of the issues?
Still no errors and no injuries.

# 13 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/22/10 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Still no errors and no injuries.
who's know as of yet, I sure we will have to play a few games to find out.

# 14 ballin095 @ 05/22/10 01:11 PM
Quote:
it was verified by the developers.

# 15 bkrich83 @ 05/22/10 01:12 PM
Quote:
The developers released a statement saying so.

# 16 Hunkerdown @ 05/22/10 01:22 PM
do we have to restart a dynasty?

# 17 RoyalBoyle78 @ 05/22/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The developers released a statement saying so.
that sux. I know that the rocket arms are gone for sure.

# 18 rudyjuly2 @ 05/22/10 01:30 PM
I just played a full game of MLB Today - Tigers @ Dodgers. I had Galaragga on the mound and I wanted to see how the accuracy of the pitchers was affected since they said lower rated pitchers couldn't pinpoint pitches. Well I'm happy to report that ALL pitchers see a drop in accuracy. It's very noticeable on fastballs and sinkers. I threw fastballs with a right handed pitcher that tailed into the right handed batter far more than I ever saw pre-patch. I actually walked two guys in the first three innings! I almost never walked guys pre-patch once I got good at pitching. I brought in Willis, Verlander, Zumaya and a couple other guys later in the game just to check it out. This is definitely not a placebo (note that I have pitch movement slider at 100).

For all the justified bitching about the lack of errors and injuries, my biggest pet peeve in the game was my ability to pinpoint pitches too easily. The patch fixes that in a big freaking way. I'm going to have to lower cpu contact to adjust for this.

The fielders did seem to have their arm strength toned down but I don't think it was a big difference which I'm happy about. I thought the rocket arm issue was mainly a fielder speed and accuracy issue anyways. I brought baserunner speed down from 55 back to 50 to compensate.

I don't know if I really noticed anything else. The cpu at times seemed to swing at a couple pitches really out of the zone that seemed a little unusual and I saw a couple more bloop hits but with this being one game I think it's just a random event. The cpu pinch hit for the pitcher but since the new guy's position is pitcher they were making fun of me for giving up a hit to the pitcher (not good but this may have always been in the game as I play in the AL most of the time).

One thing that was NOT fixed and I thought would be was composure. I made four mound visits to settle down a rattled pitcher and it worked successfully each time to calm him down. I thought they were going to fix this?

# 19 Betterai @ 05/22/10 01:33 PM
Did anyone get a chance to test to see if the patch fixed the player progression problem in franchise? Particularly relating to the pitchers and how they regress league wide...thanks

# 20 bkrich83 @ 05/22/10 01:35 PM
I am going to play a few MLB Today games to see how it is.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.