Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Manage your school using the web in NCAA Football 11. Read all about it, at ESPN Videogames.

Quote:
"With "NCAA Football 09", EA Sports introduced football fans to their version of an online dynasty where gamers were able to play in a conference with up to 12 players, but managing your school had to be done through the console. This year, the team behind "NCAA Football 11" is finally taking the feature full-force to the Web, enabling gamers to log onto their dynasty anywhere they have access to the Internet, whether it's on a computer, iPhone, or even an iPad.

That's right, now if you an extra 20 minutes to kill at work (or if you just don't feel like working), you can log onto your team online, schedule a game, try to recruit that strong-armed quarterback for next season, and even write up a news story about how you destroyed Florida the night before and post the story to Facebook.

Talk about a productivity killer. "NCAA Football 11" is set to cost corporate America millions of dollars in lost time just so Dan from Palo Alto can try to convince some virtual running back that Stanford is the best place for him to high-step down the field next season.

But that's just the start of what EA has planned.

I recently had the chance to sit down with NCAA Football 11" producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry to get the inside scoop on the game's new online dynasty features.

Video highlights of a player's entire career? Team highlights that extend to 60 seasons? That's only just the beginning."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Buckeyes_Doc @ 06/09/10 05:19 PM
This is awesome. Looks like I'll be doing a single-player online dynasty this year.

# 42 lilcoo3 @ 06/09/10 05:19 PM
WOW!!!! Color me impressed. This definitely makes up for the SI covers that I really missed from last gen. Uhhhh is it July yet!!!!!

# 43 Watson @ 06/09/10 05:23 PM
This could rob GOTY honors away from RDR.

# 44 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/09/10 05:23 PM
Yup, game over. I will now most likely neglect my online summer classes as well as August intersession, awesome.

# 45 Nixyn @ 06/09/10 05:27 PM
Time to go place my pre-order.

# 46 kindella2 @ 06/09/10 05:31 PM
its really very interesting and exciting the strides the game has made in 1 yr. this isnt put in 1 or 2 things but a 5 and 10 feature effort and while its about time for a lot of this i didnt expect it to come so soon. Good Job EA!

# 47 BenGerman @ 06/09/10 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
This could rob GOTY honors away from RDR.
I can't remember the last time a Sports game got any consideration for GOTY. It would be a huge step up for NCAA to win Sports game of the year, seeing as how great the NHL and FIFA franchises are.

# 48 DLaren @ 06/09/10 05:33 PM
I'm not much of a fan of college football...but after reading this article, I feel like I'd be missing out on something very special if I didn't purchase this game.

# 49 Striefer @ 06/09/10 05:33 PM
I think i just **** my pants. Greatest feature in all of sports game right here folks!

# 50 fahrenheit @ 06/09/10 05:34 PM
Haha great now I'm gonna be forced to buy this game new so I can access this online feature.

The thought of sitting outside with my laptop doing weekly recruiting sounds pretty nice IMO.

# 51 bosox15 @ 06/09/10 05:34 PM
This is thrilling. I played in an OD on 2009 and didn't last year. This is what's going to bring me back to it for sure. The website - if it works fluidly - just sounds incredible. What an innovation. I can't wait to start doing my recruiting online. I guess the only thing I'm worried about is finding a dynasty to join.

# 52 RynoAid @ 06/09/10 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosox15
I guess the only thing I'm worried about is finding a dynasty to join.
eh, that's nothing to worry about.. just see my sig.

# 53 jolson88 @ 06/09/10 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
+1

Spoiler

Also Dynasty Wire sounds like the tits. I may actually join an online Dynasty for the 1st time ever

BEST... SPOILER... EVAR. LOL.

# 54 jolson88 @ 06/09/10 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
Its official. This just sold me on ncaa 11 im gonna pre-order it right now on Amazon!
Yup, I was almost at that point with the Recruiting Blogs, but this one feature pushed me over the edge. Pre-ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
eh, that's nothing to worry about.. just see my sig.
Your ODs sound really fun. Even though I would probably suck BAD at an OD, perhaps I'll go the TF route and give it a try in '11 .

# 55 jeremym480 @ 06/09/10 05:46 PM
So do you guys think that with all this new Web interaction, will there be any chance we'll have the ability to edit our default roster's online this year?

# 56 clw22580 @ 06/09/10 05:47 PM
WOW EA hit one out of the park with this new feature.

I've been very critical the past few years of the NCAA series. IF this works properly and gameplay has been significantly improved. Midnight purchase for the first time in 3 years for me.

The gameplay in the demo Monday is going to be key.

# 57 JoshCA916 @ 06/09/10 05:50 PM
wow being a commish of an online dynasty i love this. have been waiting for it to happen. i really like the e-mail alerts also. that will come in very handy. plus being able to edit story's this makes for a much more fun dynasty when everybody is involved. Thank you EA it seems as if you guys are finally listening and getting it.

# 58 santeria49 @ 06/09/10 05:54 PM
Great, great feature. I don't play in online dynasties (wife & kid make that difficult), but, will definitely be playing my offline dynasty in online mode. Epic win by the NCAA team.

# 59 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/09/10 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
So do you guys think that with all this new Web interaction, will there be any chance we'll have the ability to edit our default roster's online this year?
I think with the information we have on how you can recruit while online among other features, I would think we would be able to, I hope we can!

# 60 Cito2009 @ 06/09/10 05:58 PM
Would be really cool if we could edit our formations etc online. So you can go through your playbook and add players in certain formations. Also, would be really cool if you could get a playbook encyclopedia so you can change and look at all the games playbooks right from the site. That would be really cool I think.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.