Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Phil Frazier has just posted another Madden NFL 11 blog. Here is a quote that should generate a TON of comments.

Quote:
"To re-write Franchise mode to take full advantage of the PS3 and Xbox 360 would take well over a year to do, which is why we’ve taken the approach we have up until now. With that in mind, we made the decision to focus this year’s development on making the core areas of Madden NFL better, namely the AI, animations, playcall, and online play. While that meant not making any major overhauls to Franchise or SuperStar, we were still able to make some notable improvements while we prepare for the future. Specifically, we improved franchise stats (especially season rushing yards and season sacks), in-game injuries, Super Bowl presentation, NCAA Draft Class tuning, and we even completely re-created over 8000 players in 32 draft classes. We also added the new Meadowlands Stadium as the 2014 Super Bowl site. However, the biggest addition to Franchise mode this year is Game Planning. This year you have the ability to create a new Game Plan for every game in Franchise if you choose to do so. If you’re playing the Colts or Saints, you can focus your defensive Game Plan around Manning or Brees. If you’re playing a team with a great secondary like the Eagles, you can focus your Game Plan more around running the ball. You can save off a separate Game Plan for every opponent you face and if they add new players after year one, you can go back and edit that Game Plan to account for those changes. This new feature allows you to be the coach that you always wanted to be."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 g2thecore @ 06/11/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiX-Pack-SZ
Even though this is very disapointing, i Definetly still will buy the game , Madden is the best Video Game for me.
But still is very sad to hear, so many Little things can be added to Franchise Mode that you wouldn't think would take up time, but yet they hold off everything to M12. ugh
Wow really?! I guess to each his own huh? Glad you're enjoying it that much bro.

# 162 g2thecore @ 06/11/10 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
With all due respect, if EA is treating this mode and its fans this cavalierly, then I see no reason why anyone here should put any kind of new thread together. Make them use the search function.

There's been plenty of threads created within the past several years for them to draw on.

# 163 PolkHigh33 @ 06/11/10 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
All of you guys here are FULL OF CRAP!!!...All of you are saying that "I am not gonna buy the game this year, I am not gonna buy it."

And then as soon as the release date comes up, you are rushing to the store to buy your copy of the game!

You guys are nothing but a bunch of Key Board Gangsters. All talk and no action.
lol sure buddeh ..

# 164 mwjr @ 06/11/10 07:46 PM
"As most of you know, Franchise mode debuted in Madden NFL 99 on PlayStation, and since then, we’ve been adding on layers and layers of code each year to make it the most authentic experience possible."

Funny. I got the feeling they stopped giving a d**n around 2003.

And I rented Madden '10. Really thought the gameplay was excellent. I didn't buy it because of yet another half-a**ed effort in the franchise mode.

# 165 Purple28Pedestrian @ 06/11/10 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
You have to question some of the statistic though, especially when it comes to data mining. If you don't look at the data right, or even ask the right question, then many times you'll get answer that can lead you astray more than point you in the right direction. I find it hard to believe that Franchise mode isn't the #1 mode. My guess is 'play now' is probably the #1 mode if you look at how many time's some initiates it. Play now is a single game, played once. where as Franchise can be started, and someone may play 4 to 6 games in one sitting (hypothetically of course). If they look at it and say that's 1 play now and 1 franchise, then franchise will never matchup to the Play Now mode. Just an example of where the data, if not diagnosed properly, can be misleading.

As for money maker, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, as it can have several meanings. Are you able to share the top money makers with us, or is that confidential info?
In addition the lack of realistic stats, and in general the lack of a functional franchise mode both online and offline really would hinder the amount it was being played.

No one wants to play a season where 3 RBs get 2000+ yards, or the sack issue with many more.

the only way I swallowed franchise was by playing and controlling everyteam, I played every game in the season, therefore I played one franchise mode all yearm even though i played well over 250 games in it.

Agree with you Val!

# 166 raguel @ 06/11/10 07:51 PM
I have not read the whole thread, but I'll add my 2 cents to the pile:

1. Frazier's "give us your suggestions" bit upsets me, to put it mildly. Don't they have any idea what we want by now? I'd write it here, but I don't want to be banned. .

2. While I don't regret buying Madden 10, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy Madden 11 unless there were major changes. After replaying Madden 10 (and nearly breaking my 52" tv ) I think upgrading the run blocking will make Madden 11 a buy for me , so I'm not too upset with the lack of franchise upgrades.

3. As I said earlier, I've been replaying Madden 10, and I agree with Frazier that franchise needs to be rebuilt from the bottom up. There is almost no value in just upgrading what's there IMO. I'll probably actually make my own franchise wishlist thread, but the tl,dr version is: pretend it's the year 2005.

# 167 mwjr @ 06/11/10 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealltogether
Nice of them to admit it... and nice to hear they're re-building it from the ground up.
In fairness to EA, I do have to give them kudos for the early heads-up. That was indeed admirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealltogether
Considering the fact the Franchise Mode is not part of the in-game engine, it's somewhat ridiculous that they couldn't have had a 'dedicated team' re-building the entire mode starting during the development of Madden 10 (or 9, or 8, or...) while fixing the fundamentals of the gameplay concurrently.

Unfortunately, having 'a dedicated team' is something that should have been done long ago. I've never been a Madden-basher - I've bought it every year and play it a lot - but that is kind of ridiculous.
This is my problem, as well. All sorts of bells and whistles have been added over the years. In some cases they've worked. In other cases they didn't. In some cases they worked but were mysteriously yanked. I simply don't understand why it's taken all these years to commit to doing a decent franchise.

# 168 Lava @ 06/11/10 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
After 5 years, really, none of this should come as a shock. If anything, online franchise in Madden 10 was more than likely a big reach for them, they looked at the data from that, and probably decided against doing any major moves there either, hence the message they've put out.

Thing is, this is not going to phase them a bit. Madden 11 will outsell Madden 10 and not miss a beat in the sales department, you can bet on that.
The thing is, Madden 10's OF was incomplete. A lot of people, myself included, passed simply because it was missing the critical elements of a salary cap and CPU trade logic. Had it included everything from the jump, I think that it would have been much more popular, as we've seen with NCAA's online dynasty.

# 169 mwjr @ 06/11/10 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Maybe "well over a year" means 7 years.
Zing! Well-played, sir.

# 170 mwjr @ 06/11/10 08:07 PM
Just read Adembroski's thoughts, and I have to say that, after my initial reaction, his objectivity helped alleviate a little of the sting.

1. The possibility that franchise might very well be everything we've hoped for is encouraging.
2. Dead-spot-on about the CBA and how that might totally change. Brilliant insight, adembroski.

# 171 TIm @ 06/11/10 08:09 PM
This announcment to me isn't that big a deal since I am not a franchise player... But for the people who live and breathe franchise, That's huge.. I haven't bought a Madden since 06 version and sold it within 2 months.. I was stuck on the other game and how well they did the OVERALL game.. Sure it had huge issues but in a few short years, They almost had a near perfect game in ALL aspects.. With that said, If they "Truly" have been working on gameplay and presentation I will be happy and would definately buy the game.. However, The problem with that is I can't trust this development team at all.. Every year they tell us it's the best madden ever and every year it's the same old overall gameplay and look.. Not to say this is a bad game. I just won't put my money on it.. But when they say gameplay, I really hope they mean OL/DL interaction,blocking,and Defensive AI..... To the people who are pissed and still buy the game, You guys are only hurting Maddens chances of ever being great. Because there are MILLIONS of people who do this and there are a ton of "Kids" that their parents get this game because it's the household name. I haven't had the urge to buy Madden for a long time now and every year I am actually hoping it's a decent game.. In all honesty, All I want is a Football game that does a majority right..I don't give a sh@t if it's EA,2k,505, or JOES videogame designers... Just give me a playable game..

# 172 stlstudios189 @ 06/11/10 08:10 PM
I think that my Madden 11 reservation will be going towards NCAA 11 instead this year. Not trying to sound like a but, if franchise is the same I will just continue w/ Madden 10.

# 173 mwjr @ 06/11/10 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
I think that my Madden 11 reservation will be going towards NCAA 11 instead this year. Not trying to sound like a but, if franchise is the same I will just continue w/ Madden 10.
Yeah, I was going to skip NCAA this year and give Madden a whirl since I didn't buy '10. Might re-think that now.

# 174 Pacman83 @ 06/11/10 08:24 PM
This is actually good news. For one they are being straight w/ the community. Also they are taking a couple of cycles to get important things implemented and not rushing things into this year.
Its good to see the new direction Madden is taking, this reassembled team might actually be able to get Madden ranked up there with other leading titles...And while i understand the concern of those who are disappointed, its better this way--to me anyway--even though we want it all right now.

# 175 swiftychampleone @ 06/11/10 08:47 PM
Well, that's year 5 for me without Madden. I am totally pissed that Franchise Mode is ignored. The difference this year is that I don't have to spend the next few months following Madden news like the past few years trying to figure out if Franchise Mode delivered or not. I don't care about online. I feel that all sports games need to have an awesome season mode to give me a reason to kick playing. This goes for Madden, Live, 2K, Smackdown, etc. Sports games outside of MLB Show and EA's NHL series have been a huge disappointment this gen. It's a shame.
>>
At least EA was upfront about it this time. I would suggest to you fans of the series to hold on to Madden 10, but you probably can't bear the commentary of Tom Hammond.

# 176 Dawkins#20 @ 06/11/10 08:49 PM
What I want to know is how exactly do they have a new slate next year? He said himself they can't strip it out and rebuild in a year so what makes next year any different? Really don't care about Madden 11, will not be buying it this year. I only play offline, only instance I buy it is if it gets amazing reviews from guys on here

# 177 BlueNGold @ 06/11/10 08:50 PM
At least tell me they added SOMETHING to Online Franchise. Salary cap? Not knowing rookie ratings before the draft? Being able to advance weeks from a computer? I mean seriously....

# 178 DocZulu @ 06/11/10 08:52 PM
I don't play Franchise mode but I used to do so back on the Last-Gen consoles. Based on this news today it's clear that the game needs to splinter.

They need a Franchise game and a game for Oneline gamers. That way the integrity of the experience isn't compromised for either audience and they can also devote enough energies to these areas of the brand.

# 179 43Chargers4Now @ 06/11/10 08:56 PM
Has anyone noticed that they use the word "authentic" in almost everyone of their blogs or interviews?

# 180 TreyIM2 @ 06/11/10 09:00 PM
Wow, the whining NEVER stops when it comes to Madden. Even when they are being UPFRONT about what's going on and state how they are going ahead with a clean slate AND want EVERYBODY to help make franchise better for Madden 12, people just get beside themselves with a whole lot of Negative Nancisms.

People complain about every aspect of Madden and when they try to focus on particular things year to year in layers, they can't get to everything because they DON'T have that much time with yearly releases. EVERY game company has numbers to make, including 2K, and when it comes to sports games, they come out every year. Again, NOT much time to get to everything. I could go on, but I won't. I BEEN knew about the engine and code being limited and have spoke on it so hearing such things don't bother me. They'll get a new engine. Trust me.

Now, this announcement about franchise doesn't really bother me. I'm good with it as long as the game play (and presentation) keeps getting better. I care most about game play and I get into the franchise every year. If it falls by the way side to keep improving gameplay, I don't care. I don't go all nuts about stats and the like, anyway. It's not like I'm the actual players getting PAID to put them up.

I'm good.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.