Home
MLB 10 News Post

V.3 is finished and is currently up on SportsConnect under the name of "strut24v3done". Please remember to vote thumbs up to the file when you download, so any impostor files aren't mistaken.

This version has everything in v.2 PLUS RAZR's pitch and stamina edits and strut24's stance/delivery updates. ALL stances/motions are done as of June 11. Anyone called up after that, has not been added yet but will be added to my IN SEASON thread. So guys like Joe Martinez, Enrique Gonzalez, Daniel Nava, Justin Ruggiano etc have NOT been done yet. Here is the link to the In Season thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-rosters.html

Here is a Word document of all the changes that strut did to the rosters: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ml24bf

What is going on with the file now, you ask? JaSnake is working on v4, which will include updates to the stock SCEA players to update current real life performance. There is no ETA at this time for that file.

Here is HustlinOwl's Franchise File, which is for users that want a 30 team user controlled franchise file: http://www.mediafire.com/?okncwnj2wnm

Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina.

Quote:
For those who don't mind changing sliders use these for what I believe to be the fullest experience of the stamina edits

USER
Pitch control 1
Consistency 7

CPU
Control 5
Consistency 3
Strike Frequency 0
Manager Hook 4

and
Starter Stamina 5
Reliever Stamina 0 for both user and cpu

For those that prefer to stick as close as possible to default use these suggestions that SoxFan posted

Starter Stamina (User): 6
Reliever Stamina (User): 3

Starter Stamina (CPU): 7
Reliever Stamina (CPU): 5 (default)
Manager Hook (CPU): 3

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JaSnake16 @ 06/12/10 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfg27
buster posey need a bump.
He'll get one but how much power for this year remains to be seen. One homer in 50 abs but decent 2b and 3b numbers. Remember he's an A player and will progress.

# 22 strut24 @ 06/12/10 10:53 PM
can someone post my file from SportsConnect for people that don't have SportsConnect?

# 23 grgmths1433 @ 06/12/10 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
can someone post my file from SportsConnect for people that don't have SportsConnect?
its on the first page strut24.

# 24 strut24 @ 06/12/10 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
its on the first page strut24.
no its not. just my Word file, the Franchise file are up. People keep PMing me asking for a sendspace or megaupload version of the ROSTER file

# 25 grgmths1433 @ 06/12/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
no its not. just my Word file, the Franchise file are up. People keep PMing me asking for a sendspace or megaupload version of the ROSTER file
thats where i got it from.a mod put it in a new thread.i think its called v3.

# 26 strut24 @ 06/12/10 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
thats where i got it from.a mod put it in a new thread.i think its called v3.
link?

# 27 iamcool3 @ 06/13/10 12:01 AM
Can somebody please instruct me on how to load the franchise file, I keep trying and it says there is no saved data. I am following the steps per Coreyhartdaughters post. Thanks.

# 28 slim420 @ 06/13/10 12:02 AM
I was wondering how ppl were dealing with drafting. I have mine set at 30team control w/ just 1 profile set. Kinda want the computer do their part automatically, while i get to manually choose mine, but it keeps either making me skip or sim the entire draft. Is there a way around this? Thanks.

# 29 MatthewYung @ 06/13/10 12:37 AM
hey guys you know for the sliders posted, does using the pitching meter affect what consistency and control i should use?

# 30 42 @ 06/13/10 12:39 AM
Quote:
link?

I think he's referring to the link I posted on the first page of the other thread (it's v3 but doesn't include your stance/motion edits).

------> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...287-post1.html

# 31 hope4bob @ 06/13/10 12:57 AM
I might be a little confused. Yesterday or day before I downloaded what was called
knights V3 with pitch edits. Is Strut24 the same file worked on by knight with RAZR's
pitch edits?

Is this the "official" continuation of knihgt's rosters?

bob

# 32 Cubbie-Wan @ 06/13/10 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcool3
Can somebody please instruct me on how to load the franchise file, I keep trying and it says there is no saved data. I am following the steps per Coreyhartdaughters post. Thanks.

same problem, file is empty ( Franchise file )

# 33 huskerfan4life @ 06/13/10 01:16 AM
hey hustlinowl does your franchise file include harper?

# 34 erictred @ 06/13/10 02:11 AM
"Here are RAZR's slider suggestions for these rosters. These sliders may help users who are having issues with USER VS CPU IN GAME stamina."

just to clarify...this means the sliders should only be used individually for manual games, but not for the rest that are simulated, is this correct?

# 35 SoxFan01605 @ 06/13/10 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbie-Wan
same problem, file is empty ( Franchise file )
The file isn't empty, it just that the PS3 requires a set folder path in order to read it. Create a folder labeled PS3, open it and create a folder inside called SAVEDATA. Then drop the franchise file in there.

So the path should be PS3>SAVEDATA>Franchise File (Whatever the name is...BCU Something or other).

Do that and go back to your PS3 and it should show up. Copy the file and your set.

# 36 Cubbie-Wan @ 06/13/10 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The file isn't empty, it just that the PS3 requires a set folder path in order to read it. Create a folder labeled PS3, open it and create a folder inside called SAVEDATA. Then drop the franchise file in there.

So the path should be PS3>SAVEDATA>Franchise File (Whatever the name is...BCU Something or other).

Do that and go back to your PS3 and it should show up. Copy the file and your set.
Yep, you are right, Thanks !!!!!!!!!

# 37 strut24 @ 06/13/10 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4bob
I might be a little confused. Yesterday or day before I downloaded what was called
knights V3 with pitch edits. Is Strut24 the same file worked on by knight with RAZR's
pitch edits?

Is this the "official" continuation of knihgt's rosters?

bob
yes i added my stance/motions and RAZR added his pitch edits to that version and its now V3. there are both roster and franchise files available and V4 will have JaSnakes SCEA player edits

# 38 Chaos447 @ 06/13/10 10:13 AM
Just to let everyone know that SCEA apparently took the actual rosters off SportsConnect. No idea why, but Strasburg/Ike Davis/Buster Posey are NOT called up. Seems like a dummy file.

No one download the dummy file and don't give it a thumbs up. I guess SCEA deleted the wrong copy? Ugh.

# 39 oldman @ 06/13/10 10:19 AM
Question concerning these rosters and franchise use:

I know this roster file was started pre-patch, but did the patch fix the problem in this roster file with too many A potential pitchers or is that still a problem with this update?

# 40 DJ @ 06/13/10 12:33 PM
Going to check these out. Thanks for the hard work.

Since pitching is tougher, would you guys recommened below-average hitters (swing-only guys like me) drop a difficulty level or increase some sliders to compensate for the fact that there's more movement in pitches?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.