Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Tradition Football has just posted some more detailed information on NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
" How has the defense been improved with all of the discussion we’ve heard about the offensive side of the ball? The majority of the improvements for both offense and defense have to do with the locomotiom system and how it impacts both sides of the ball. However one change I thought was applicable was the QB contain in the strategy menu. If the other team is killing you with scrambling you can set this to aggressive and your players will work to contain the QB even if you didn’t call a spy.

Accelerated clock is once again in the game doubling as chew the clock. This is also now accessible from the strategy menu where you can go with a normal tempo or up tempo or slower tempo (chew clock). In my opinion this isn’t a true accelerated clock because it takes too much off the play clock.

According to Haumiller, traditionally up tempo offenses will be able to run up tempo without getting tired too quick, whereas a slower paced team will get tired quickly running this offense.

I did a lot of experimenting with different routes vs. Man defense and it seems to me that despite the locomotion addition, much remains the same. The defender seems to be able to react to hook and 90 degree angle routes very quickly while the receiver’s break animation slows him down in relation. Slants and posts remain the best option to beat man defense."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 moylan1234 @ 06/16/10 11:29 PM
Quote:
Accelerated clock is once again in the game doubling as chew the clock
shoot

# 2 canes21 @ 06/17/10 12:13 AM
So what exactly is the accelerated clock? Is it always on? Can we choose how much time runs off? I'm confused by how it works.

# 3 lexus97man @ 06/17/10 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
slants all game long....again....
I was thinking that too

# 4 dan_457 @ 06/17/10 12:24 AM
So... slant and in-routes over the middle are basically the only viable passing options again.

# 5 shanew21 @ 06/17/10 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
So... slant and in-routes over the middle are basically the only viable passing options again.
As has been the norm for, well, longer than I can remember.

Sad really, 120 ways to win, yet only about 3 or 4 ways to pass

# 6 TyghtWork @ 06/17/10 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanew21
As has been the norm for, well, longer than I can remember.

Sad really, 120 ways to win, yet only about 3 or 4 ways to pass
Had to LOL when i saw this..... Sad but true. lol

# 7 moylan1234 @ 06/17/10 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
So what exactly is the accelerated clock? Is it always on? Can we choose how much time runs off? I'm confused by how it works.
it's chew clock from last year again. pretty sure it's in the demo so you can check it out for yourself

# 8 BenGerman @ 06/17/10 03:33 AM
So is the Chew Clock going to be like last year, or more like Maddens? If I remember correctly, the AC would only run the humans clock not the CPU's which by all purposes negates its use.

# 9 bonannogiovanni @ 06/17/10 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
So is the Chew Clock going to be like last year, or more like Maddens? If I remember correctly, the AC would only run the humans clock not the CPU's which by all purposes negates its use.
It's not clear yet, I hope that you can chew the clock even on defense but I doubt it.....

# 10 Shawnj86 @ 06/17/10 04:46 AM
alrite

# 11 canes21 @ 06/17/10 09:30 AM
I know the chew clock is inb the demo. But do both teams run it all game long like it appears in the demo? That would be a big improvement. If it did that and we had an option of how much time it takes off, then I would be happy. A 7 second runoff is not enough for me. I am happy it runs all game long now in the demo, but I would like it to be 20 seconds and when in conservative moide it takes off 25 seconds. We need options for that.

Example
Chew Clock Normal - 20
Chew Clock Conservative - 25
Chew Clock Aggressive - 10

If we had those options it would definitely satisfy me for this year.

# 12 HokieB @ 06/17/10 09:37 AM
I thought you had to hit a button last year to activate Chew Clock. In the demo, it does it automatically. So there's a big difference right there.

EDIT: Pays to actually read the article first I think grouping it with the strategy settings should work great as long as the CPU uses it too. And I don't mind it running off too much clock. The more clock, the better if you ask me.

# 13 jgarrett @ 06/17/10 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
It's not clear yet, I hope that you can chew the clock even on defense but I doubt it.....
How in the world can you chew clock on defense? The offense is in control of when the ball is snapped.

# 14 ODogg @ 06/17/10 10:03 AM
LMAO @ chewing clock while on defense...wtf

# 15 canes21 @ 06/17/10 10:03 AM
Theres a lot more ways to pass. I can throw just about any route in the demo. The out route is probably my favorite route. I have thrown more TDs on out routes than any other route.

I don't know if you guys are not calling good plays, reading the coverage or what, but every route is able to be used if you know football basics.

# 16 HokieB @ 06/17/10 10:17 AM
Aren't slants effective against man coverage in real life? And if the defense is in zone and keeps their LBs at home, then slants aren't good, right?

# 17 ODogg @ 06/17/10 10:21 AM
Ask Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin how effective slants are vs. man coverage

# 18 RynoAid @ 06/17/10 11:48 AM
i like how chew clock is now in strategies with a counter called up tempo.

# 19 stoncold32 @ 06/17/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messa...508/357503.jpg

# 20 Bwnarrow3 @ 06/17/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I know the chew clock is inb the demo. But do both teams run it all game long like it appears in the demo? That would be a big improvement. If it did that and we had an option of how much time it takes off, then I would be happy. A 7 second runoff is not enough for me. I am happy it runs all game long now in the demo, but I would like it to be 20 seconds and when in conservative moide it takes off 25 seconds. We need options for that.

Example
Chew Clock Normal - 20
Chew Clock Conservative - 25
Chew Clock Aggressive - 10

If we had those options it would definitely satisfy me for this year.
YES!!

Good God this is what we need. Just like madden.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.