Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

ESPN Videogames have just posted the full Madden NFL 11 player ratings for the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins.

Quote:
"Welcome to the official "Madden NFL 11" player ratings reveal where everyday, Monday through Thursday, ESPN's Gamer blog will deliver the rosters and ratings for two teams, starting with the AFC East and ending with the defending Super Bowl champs and the NFC South."

Don't forget we have the Top Players at Each Position, right here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 krc1130 @ 06/28/10 04:27 PM
Sanchez is a little bit overrated but, I don't get why someone said he doesn't have an A potential.

He and Stafford should have 95 and 96 potential respectively. Both have two of the highest upsides we've seen in a while.

Sure he threw a hella lot of interceptions but, even Peyton Manning led the league in interceptions his first year in the league and I'm sure no one would ever call him overrated.

# 22 CaliDude916 @ 06/28/10 04:43 PM
I'm surprised L.T. is only an 83.

# 23 fitz2k2 @ 06/28/10 04:46 PM
Didn't Sanchez throw like bunch load of picks and his throwing accuracy is 83? it should be in mid 70's

# 24 wrightnreyes @ 06/28/10 04:49 PM
mark sanchez performed great in the playoffs. yes he was brutal during some of the regular season games. he single handedly lost the jets some games but he was a rookie starting from day 1.

chad henne had a full season to sit behind chad pennington and learn.

sanchez came right in and had to learn a new offense and was thrown right into the fire.

he was really good during the playoffs and that's why he is rated better then henne.

# 25 rooney8 @ 06/28/10 04:56 PM
I see everyone else noticed Henne 79 vs Sanchez 82. I was like WTF????????
Do they watch the Nfl??? Gholston at 75 doesn't make sense. What's he done to get that rating. Ratings really need to be scaled back.

# 26 rooney8 @ 06/28/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
mark sanchez performed great in the playoffs. yes he was brutal during some of the regular season games. he single handedly lost the jets some games but he was a rookie starting from day 1.

chad henne had a full season to sit behind chad pennington and learn.

sanchez came right in and had to learn a new offense and was thrown right into the fire.

he was really good during the playoffs and that's why he is rated better then henne.
The Jets just ran on teams in the playoff and Sanchez touchdowns usually came from the defense biting on play action and dumping it to Keller or someone who made a play. He didn't prove anything.

# 27 warrior7807 @ 06/28/10 05:36 PM
didnt flacco start M10 as an 82 after his very solid rookie season? what are these ratings based on? If anything, Orton should be in the low to mid 80s, Henne should be a 80, Sanchez should be a 78.

The better Quarterback between the AFC east rivals last season was clearly Henne. The better overall team was clearly the Jets even though MIA swept them. The only explination that can be given for sanchez's overinflated rating is that his team made it to the Conf. Champ. game. other than that, Henne was better in every single QB statistic.

Last season, individually, Henne>Sanchez. this should reflect on their individual madden 11 ratings, unfortunately, Donny Moore likes to inflate individual ratings of playoff teams to make the team better, which shouldnt have to be the case. We should have another rating similar to a Chemistry rating that will allow the Jets to play better together even if Henne has a better Ovr than Sanchez

Explain to me how Cotchery receives an 85 OVR for his 57 Ctches, 820 yards, and 3 TD, While Bess had 76 catches, 760 yards and 2 TD and his overall is 11 less points.
Tell me how Brad Smith has 7 catches for 63 yards gets a 69OVR, while Brian Hartline has 39 catches for 509 yards and 3 TD, yet only gets a 71?
is underrated on MIA and Jenkins is overrated on NY. If Ronnie B's overall goes down due to his injury, than i would expect Jenkins' to as well. Just another example of slightly inflated individual ratings to reflect upon a better team overall.

# 28 TheFuture94 @ 06/28/10 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2
Didn't Sanchez throw like bunch load of picks and his throwing accuracy is 83? it should be in mid 70's
Just cause you throw picks doesn't mean you're inaccurate.

# 29 warrior7807 @ 06/28/10 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
C'mon you serious? You guys are acting like an 82 is great. 82 in Madden is a decent rating, not a great one. Like i said, the guy was a pure rookie last year, and started day 1. He played poorly at first, but progressed as the season wore on, culminating on his team making the AFC Championship. 82 is warranted.

Kyle Orton? C'mon dude, that guy is TERRIBLE. Marshall was making incredible individual plays and Orton reaped the benefits. He should be rated higher than Sanchez or Henne? Why, because he has a few years in the league? He stinks, point blank.
Fact is that individually Henne did more than Sanchez last season while Sanchez was in the better situation on the better team.

how terrible do you think Orton is?
orton had a 87 QB rat. 3800 yards, 21 TD and 12int. your going to tell me he shouldnt be rated higher than either? If you think its all because of Marshall than take a look at the prior seasons stats. Individual ratings should reflect individual play, not how their respective teams finished.

# 30 CM Hooe @ 06/28/10 05:55 PM
The thing that people forget is that the 2010 season forecast is also factored in to how these ratings are determined. People think that the Jets are gonna be good this year and that in particular Sanchez is going to improve his play, so naturally he might be rated a tad bit higher than if one was doing ratings purely off of last season's performance.

# 31 warrior7807 @ 06/28/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
The thing that people forget is that the 2010 season forecast is also factored in to how these ratings are determined. People think that the Jets are gonna be good this year and that in particular Sanchez is going to improve his play, so naturally he might be rated a tad bit higher than if one was doing ratings purely off of last season's performance.
Yes but they think that henne will stay the same with the addition of Marshall? the biggest thing that should go into the ratings are statistics. the whole reason we have in-season roster updates is to re-rate players according to how they are playing. For Moore to look into his crystal ball and determine player A will be rated better than player B because he thinks player A will have a better 2010 season is idiotic.

# 32 CM Hooe @ 06/28/10 06:17 PM
Also, LOL at Swagger being a rating.

Not good or bad, just amusing.

# 33 permanent1 @ 06/28/10 06:21 PM
So because henne sat on the bench for a year and sanchez was a pure rookie he should be rated higher based on that alone? Because his play was worse then henne and henne had less talent to work with easily.

# 34 ramzes93 @ 06/28/10 06:22 PM
Quote:
You telling ME about the Jets? I have season tickets and see EVERY game. The correct way to say it is that he was Inconsistant in his rookie year. The reason his first half QB rating was inflated is because he was 3-0, remember?

So in the second HALF, you have 8 games. What was his QB rating in the first 4 of those games, compared to the last 4 and playoffs?

Stats and numbers don't always tell the entire story. He clearly played much better, and smarter down the stretch.
You are right, stats don't always tell the story, in fact you can say sanchez is overated based on his stats, and you can say he is overated because of how people percieve he played. I've seen multiple Jet and Dolphin games both when they happened and on NFL replay when im bored, and if you think Sanchez was a better QB than Henne last year than you just arent watching, let alone ignoring stats.

Sanchez rarely has to make multiple reads when he throws, and he usually throws to short crosses and simple routes. He did not perform well when pressured in the pocket, hence 20 int on a RUNNING team, with a great defense. 20 int is bad for a QB on a passing team, but on team which predominately runs for manageable 3rd downs and short passing situations/ great play action? Thats awful. Buffalo game? WTF was that?

In the playoffs, they played the super deflated Bengals, who undeniabley had nothing in the tank after the emotional losses they delt with during the season. If anyone disagrees with that, than thats sad. Then the chargers who pull their usual choke-job in the playoffs, missing field goals and wasting their season. Against the colts the defense played a good first half, then Peyton took the training wheels off in the second half and tourched them. Sanchez was along for the ride, again making simple throws.

Did you guys watch the Dolphins/ Jets MNF game? Sanchez essentially made one difficult throw with the circus catch by Braylon Edwards, and dink and dunked the rest of the game. Henne looked like a franchise QB if you ask me, leading his team to the win in the 4th quarter with perfect throws and 4th down conversions, many on the run.

Furthermore i think its a crime that Matt Stafford is rated below the Sanchize, that kid similar stats for a god awful team, and got hammered game after game, and still managed to make plays. Not to mention his arm, and Henne's for that matter, are much stronger than Sanchez's.

Other Fin players they screwed up. Brian Hartline is MUCH faster than Bess, and actually according to 40 time faster than B. Marsh, yet he is rated 85. Camarillo had NO drops on 50 catches and earns an 83 catch? He is the definition of a possesion reciever, and they gave bess an 87 catch, when he dropped key catches and muffed punts last year. Tyler Thigpen worse than Pat White? Dont even have to say anything.

I mean do they even watch the games? Some of this crap isnt even that in depth its just dead wrong. Why dont they have guys more in depth to decide ratings?

# 35 warrior7807 @ 06/28/10 06:27 PM
Quote:
Let's see what Orton does this year.

You are focusing on individual performance last year, while adding that Sanchez had the better overall team. What you aren't counting is that Henne has had the huge advantage of sitting back an entire year, watching a VET like Pennington, learned the teams playbook, practiced with his WR's and their timing, and everything that goes into being an NFL player and QB, while Sanchez was a pure rookie.
I completely agree, but at the same time, Henne wasnt expecting to start, he was thrown into the starting role when pennington went down. The backups rarely get reps during the season during practice,and henne didn't get many reps at #1 during the off season.
Just because henne had a season to sit and watch doesn't mean that should hurt his Madden 11 rating. Sanchez shouldn't be generously rated just because he was a rookie. if that is how ratings are to be done, then every rookie who has a bad season as a starter should be given the same generosity. if this were the case, Flacco would have been at least an 85 last season to start, rather than his 82. an 85 is supposed to be a pro-bowl caliber player per Madden. Sanchez is not even close to a pro bowler

# 36 ramzes93 @ 06/28/10 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
I completely agree, but at the same time, Henne wasnt expecting to start, he was thrown into the starting role when pennington went down. The backups rarely get reps during the season during practice,and henne didn't get many reps at #1 during the off season.
Just because henne had a season to sit and watch doesn't mean that should hurt his Madden 11 rating. Sanchez shouldn't be generously rated just because he was a rookie. if that is how ratings are to be done, then every rookie who has a bad season as a starter should be given the same generosity. if this were the case, Flacco would have been at least an 85 last season to start, rather than his 82. an 85 is supposed to be a pro-bowl caliber player per Madden. Sanchez is not even close to a pro bowler
Yeah it is also worth noting that the type of offense the Pennster was running doesnt suit Henne's talents, his main weakness were bulleting and overthrowing short routes to RBs and TEs. With a full training camp as a starter and a #1 reciever the offense will be better tailored to fit his arm strength and deep accuracy.

# 37 warrior7807 @ 06/28/10 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I agree...I see it as Arcade crap honestly....so if i understand it correctly, its a POWER boost of sorts...Feed a player over and over they become better. I theory the concept makes sense, as player do get in the "ZONE', but how cheezy will the effect be....Thats what needs to be seen
aree. need to hear/ see more about it before i dismiss it completely

# 38 ramzes93 @ 06/28/10 09:48 PM
Quote:
Lets focus here, stop talking about last year. When i say i would rather have Sanchez over Henne, i'm not basing it over last years head to head stats, or when they played each other head to head, im saying that i believe that Sanchez is the better player, and will show that moving forward.

He DEFINATELY had great highs and lows, ups and downs. He was a ROOKIE. In fact, at USC, he made 3 starts as a sophomore, and started only his junior year in college. To come in and START for an NFL team with that little experience is unheard of. All i know is late in the season the kid made plays and got his team into the AFC Championship game. Now, he has the year of NFL experience Henne had going into last year. Now, he has more weapons on offense. Add Santonio Holmes, LT, and hopefully Dustin Keller gets better and makes strides, and the Jets offense will be alot better than it was last year.
What im saying is if you base whos better off of last years play, from stats and what you see gametime, than Chad Henne is a better quarterback. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco both started day one and had better years than Mark, its not that unheard of, although ill give that he came out of college to early. Well not for him i guess.

I just dont get why everyone is so in love with him. Its not like he has a rocket arm, i understand people being giddy about stafford because he can throw a mile, but he doesnt, and he played poorly in a simple offense. I only used last years MNF game as an example because it was a good point of comparison.

When i see people on ESPN talk about Sanchez they always say he has the "it" factor, which makes no sense to me. They just talk about how confident he is. Then they analyze Henne and show him standing in the pocket and delivering passes.

Thats why i dont get why people are so high on him, but i guess he is your teams starting QB so you have to have faith in him.

# 39 seriousluboy83 @ 06/28/10 10:32 PM
isee the BSH ratings for 3-4 d-linemen hasn't been "stretched/changed"

# 40 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/28/10 10:42 PM
In my opinion, you don't rate someone on how good they MIGHT be this year...you rate them based on how good they were last year. If that is the case, Sanchez is overrated. He showed some poise in the playoffs, but statistically (which is what should matter, right?) he wasn't very impressive...not at all.

With that said, I wouldn't mind if just about everyone took a 5-10 OVR hit...let's REALLY stretch out those ratings.

40s OVR for your below average NFL player...camp bodies, etc.
50s OVR for an average NFL player...players signed for depth, essentially.
60s OVR for a slightly above average NFL player...backups, role players, etc.
70s OVR for good NFL players...some starters, backups on strong teams...
80s OVR for great NFL players...Pro-bowlers, great starters, etc...
90s OVR for ELITE players...only a few of them. People that you would take with a #1 draft pick.

That's how I'd do ratings...I mean, on a scale to 99, 50 is the median...the average...so why not start there? Sure, it looks like an ugly overall, but it's average. The average shouldn't START at 65 or 70...let's make use of the whole scale, shall we?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.