Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K11 box art, featuring Michael Jordan.

2K Sports Reveals Greatest Cover of All Time for NBAŽ 2K11

NBA 2K11 shows off new, unique art style to pay homage to Michael Jordan

New York, NY - July 7, 2010 - 2K Sports today revealed the official cover art for NBAŽ 2K11 featuring Michael Jordan as the face of this year's iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*. The art style, featuring a highly-stylized, three-panel, iconic image of Jordan, represents a departure from previous NBA 2K titles to reflect the significance of having the greatest player of all time grace the cover.

"We knew as soon as we signed Jordan that we needed to do something special for the cover," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "This could possibly be the most highly anticipated cover art in the history of sports games and we think the image we came up with delivers on every front. I think fans will be pleasantly surprised at how Jordan is actually used in game, as NBA 2K11 will pay homage to ‘His Airness' in many ways, but the cover art represented our first chance to stop and honor him along the way."

"Its exciting to see it all come together," said Michael Jordan, a recent Hall of Fame inductee. "I am looking forward to seeing the final product, but my kids might have to give me some lessons."

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. To view the cover, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.

NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 arsenal123gunners @ 07/07/10 09:03 AM
If that is the real thing, I would love it if it wasn't for the "Greatest of All-Time" headline at the top

# 2 Goffs @ 07/07/10 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal123gunners
If that is the real thing, I would love it if it wasn't for the "Greatest of All-Time" headline at the top
works for me

# 3 arsenal123gunners @ 07/07/10 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
works for me
Yeah, it is a pretty impressive cover, compared to NBA Elite

# 4 bearschicago @ 07/07/10 09:18 AM
Let's hope it plays like The Greatest Sim Basketball Video Game of all time. I really expect as much!

# 5 Eclipso @ 07/07/10 09:19 AM
I like it, in my head I saw it diffrent but this is still a good cover.

# 6 ifriedrice @ 07/07/10 09:29 AM
Hmmm... three Jordans on the cover... implication of three Jordans in the game???

# 7 Kully @ 07/07/10 10:21 AM
Like the cover, could do without the greatest of all time thing but it doesn't matter. The case will be sitting in my game drawer anyway right beside Elite.

# 8 Bolt957 @ 07/07/10 10:22 AM
Imma let Kobe finish 2K10, but 2K11 got Michael Jordan as the greatest of All-Time and its the TRUTH! Love this cover. Congrats to MJ, 2K, and MessenjahMatt, and every MJ fan along with myself!!

# 9 st0rmb11 @ 07/07/10 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
Hmmm... three Jordans on the cover... implication of three Jordans in the game???

1984 - 1989 Jordan

1990 - 1993 Jordan

1996 - 1998 Jordan

that would be amazing.

& I love the "Greatest of All-Time" title at the top. I love the cover in general

I know Kobe is an avid 2K fan. I wonder if seeing that "G.O.A.T." line at the top will make him switch to Elite.

# 10 WaddupCouzin @ 07/07/10 10:27 AM
The cover alone will sell games! Undecided consumers will go with Jordan before someone they don't know.

# 11 Waiting4Nets @ 07/07/10 10:34 AM
Looks real nice, I'm hopeing the G.O.A.T heading referes to both Michael AND the game.

# 12 MarvellousOne @ 07/07/10 10:34 AM
I love this cover art, and I like the headline "Greatest of All-Time" at the top since it's a true statement in many peoples minds including many legends and players in the NBA, that M.J. was/is the greatest player to ever play the game...except Oscar Robinson who says he is the greatest player to play the game.

# 13 DJ @ 07/07/10 10:35 AM
Didn't know there was going to be a PS2 version. I think I'll scoop that up, along with a 360 copy. Nice looking cover.

# 14 JohnDoh @ 07/07/10 10:37 AM
I preferred the concept box art with Jordan's back to the cover... it left more of an exciting feeling in my gut. Oh well... here's to hoping NBA2K11 innovates instead of sitting on their thumbs and watching Elite pass it by...

# 15 MarvellousOne @ 07/07/10 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
I preferred the concept box art with Jordan's back to the cover... it left more of an exciting feeling in my gut. Oh well... here's to hoping NBA2K11 innovates instead of sitting on their thumbs and watching Elite pass it by...
I would have love to see that also, that could have made a great cover

# 16 TreyIM2 @ 07/07/10 10:55 AM
This cover actually looks pretty good, especially on the ones with black boarders at the top. The Wii one is with the white boarder is OK but that 360 green and white is so intrusive.

As for the talk of "3 Jordans" on the cover implying 3 different Jordans, who knows but I didn't get that sense looking at the cover. It's just Jordan photographed at 3 different points of his motion, not 3 completely different shots of Jordan from different times in his career.

# 17 econoodle @ 07/07/10 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
This cover actually looks pretty good, especially on the ones with black boarders at the top. The Wii one is with the white boarder is OK but that 360 green and white is so intrusive.

As for the talk of "3 Jordans" on the cover implying 3 different Jordans, who knows but I didn't get that sense looking at the cover. It's just Jordan photographed at 3 different points of his motion, not 3 completely different shots of Jordan from different times in his career.
agreed
is that the new style for the 360 boxes?

i like the blu ray cases for ps3, nice and tidy
'
on the cover thoughts.
red.
bold.
exciting.

i migth have to bust out one of the PS3 GREATEST HITS red cases for this one!

# 18 DubTrey1 @ 07/07/10 11:12 AM
Now that is a cover.

# 19 bigsmallwood @ 07/07/10 11:15 AM
That is a GREAT cover! Now I can only hope that the game is GREAT!!!!

# 20 Tengo Juego @ 07/07/10 11:28 AM
Greatest of All-Time is nice. 2K never shies from stating they're the best. And it surely isn't referring to just MJ.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.