Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

Today Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. released new in-game assets and information from the next addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer sports videogame franchise, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, scheduled for release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ and Windows PC this fall.

Check out all 15 screenshots, right here.

So far, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 has been astounding soccer fans with its free-flowing, unrestricted gameplay. Total control is the new game's mantra, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 delivers this with the debut of the power gauge system where players govern the strength and position of every pass. Total 360-degree control adds a new layer of realism to the series, and Konami has showcased this innovation with an all-new trailer.

The new footage shows the total freedom of passing Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 offers, alongside closer looks at its new dribbling, defensive hold-up play, and jostling. Similarly, the trailer gives an insight into the new power gauge, while also showing how feints and tricks can be mapped on to the right stick and accessed with ease. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 utilizes over 1000 new animations, and these are also on display in this most recent showcase of footage.

Konami has also released a number of new screens to accompany the trailer, and these reveal for the first time the new 'Stadium Edit' mode, that allows users to create their own home ground for use in the game, and the first screens for the massively reworked 'Become a Legend' mode, where players are cast as an upcoming phenom and strive to earn major honors and become the world's greatest player. More information about the 'Become A Legend' mode will be released in the coming months.

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the OS Youtube channel.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 screenshot gallery - Click to view Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 KG @ 07/13/10 09:46 AM

Different custom tactics for when trailing or leading is fantastic and the stadium shots look beautiful.

# 2 poorch @ 07/13/10 11:15 AM
nice, glad to see that it has improved

# 3 Ermolli @ 07/13/10 12:20 PM
No Nacional but yes Cerro? I hope it's in the game too and licenced

# 4 rckabillyRaider @ 07/13/10 08:53 PM
looks like the enhanced edit mode is true! can't wait

# 5 poster @ 07/14/10 09:33 AM
Obviously haven't played it, but those videos just feel "real" for lack of a better term. Can't wait to try it out.

So can you only create one stadium for yourself to use, or can you create multiple ones and assign them to the other teams in your league/other leagues? That would be amazing.....

# 6 DubTrey1 @ 07/14/10 12:28 PM
Wow, the game looks tremendously fluid and intuitive. I would give this one a try for sure -

# 7 Bahnzo @ 07/14/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
So can you only create one stadium for yourself to use, or can you create multiple ones and assign them to the other teams in your league/other leagues? That would be amazing.....
I'm wondering that also, the wording is kinda vague. I'm still skeptical about the stadium creator....if it's possible to create new stadiums and assign them to clubs then that will be flat awesome. But something tells me that will not be the case.

# 8 Qb @ 07/15/10 12:13 PM
Very promising. I'm not wild about the visible power bars above/below the player, hopefully we have the option to turn them off (visually only). If not, I'll deal with it to have the control the it provides.

# 9 KG @ 07/15/10 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Very promising. I'm not wild about the visible power bars above/below the player, hopefully we have the option to turn them off (visually only). If not, I'll deal with it to have the control the it provides.
Really?

I think it will be a huge help in learning how to pass manually. How are you gonna play total football without learning how to pass Q?

# 10 Qb @ 07/15/10 02:12 PM
It's all about feel, brother. I don't need no stinkin' meter. I want the manual passing, I just don't want to see the meter on-screen.

# 11 CaptainZombie @ 07/15/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
It's all about feel, brother. I don't need no stinkin' meter. I want the manual passing, I just don't want to see the meter on-screen.
I agree with you. As soon as I saw meters, I was thinking that if this could be turned off or not. I just think the meter just gets in the way imo. Hopefully it will be optional.

# 12 LingeringRegime @ 07/15/10 03:28 PM
I would about bet my life on it that it is optional. Probably turned on by default. The HUD for PES has always been customizable.

# 13 Qb @ 07/15/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I would about bet my life on it that it is optional. Probably turned on by default. The HUD for PES has always been customizable.
I am cautiously optimistic this is the case. And like I said, if it isn't and the game is as good as it sounds at this point, so be it. I'll just have to look at power meters while I shred KG's defense with my precision passes.

# 14 Bahnzo @ 07/15/10 04:10 PM
The power meter doesn't really seem *that* intrusive. It's at least on par with FIFA's (the option you have to turn on the small one over the player's head). Being able to turn it off should be an option tho...after awhile you'll just have it down by feel anyways.

# 15 billmatic @ 07/15/10 05:02 PM
I thought I read in one of the previews that there is an option to turn it off. I'd like an option to put it back at the bottom of the screen where the player name & fatigue bar are.

# 16 spit_bubble @ 07/18/10 08:52 PM
The positioning of the on screen passing meter is downright brutal.

Seems near impossible to get a video game these days that doesn't have some horrible design decision or implementation.

Poor implementation I can understand... Coding is hard, etc... But poor initial design is another story all together... No excuse for it, even with the pressures of the industry.

# 17 KG @ 07/19/10 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
The positioning of the on screen passing meter is downright brutal.

Seems near impossible to get a video game these days that doesn't have some horrible design decision or implementation.

Poor implementation I can understand... Coding is hard, etc... But poor initial design is another story all together... No excuse for it, even with the pressures of the industry.
How do you figure? In the vids I have seen it's underneath the player and not very intrusive at all. It looks like they have put the fatigue bar over the player. I have more issues with that but you can always turn that off.

# 18 Qb @ 07/19/10 11:43 AM
Was one of the bars the fatigue meter? I wondered why there were two in some instances. At any rate, not a big deal and easily overlooked if the game is good.

# 19 spit_bubble @ 07/19/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
How do you figure?
It's a poor design decision because it interferes with the perception that the user should have, and that is of one that he or she is playing soccer. Having that on screen visual where it is, so blatantly in the picture and so obvious, instead gives you the feeling that you are filling up a meter...

In short, it uh... How shall I say it... Breaks the flow.

If you're going to put it anywhere put it on the bottom of the screen, so it can be seen using peripheral vision, and still give you the feel that you are playing soccer.

# 20 Bahnzo @ 07/19/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
If you're going to put it anywhere put it on the bottom of the screen, so it can be seen using peripheral vision, and still give you the feel that you are playing soccer.
But that's part of the reason they placed it with the player, so you don't have to look away from the action to see it. It creates more immersion, not less. And you can turn it off if it bothers you.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.