Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports has just posted their NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, written by Gameplay Producer Zach Timmerman, as he talks about the "Jordan Challenge" and a few other tidbits.

Quote:
"One thing that hasn’t really been mentioned in all the great coverage today, we spent a tremendous amount of time getting the Historic Bulls teams and their biggest rivals into NBA 2K11. We went out and got the rights to the actual players from each era and spent a ton of time capturing their signature shots, moves, and tendencies. So not only are we building you the perfect Michael Jordan in-game, we are also giving you some of the games great players from yesteryear such as Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Dominique Wilkins, and many others. With those guys in the game, it didn’t feel right without adding era specific commentary. I am sure the audio team will get into that more in a future Insight.

For now, here are the Historic Teams that will be immediately available for you to play this year:

1985-86 Chicago Bulls
1985-86 Boston Celtics
1989-90 Chicago Bulls
1989-90 Atlanta Hawks
1989-90 Cleveland Cavaliers
1989-90 Detroit Pistons
1990-91 Chicago Bulls
1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers
1991-92 Chicago Bulls
1991-92 Portland Trailblazers
1994-95 Chicago Bulls
1994-95 New York Knicks
1995-96 Chicago Bulls
1995-96 Seattle Supersonics
1996-97 Chicago Bulls
1996-97 Utah Jazz
1997-98 Chicago Bulls
1997-98 Utah Jazz"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 TreyIM2 @ 07/22/10 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Ah, Reggie's fake ankle injury. And the pushoff. I was 9 when this happened, but I still remember them talking about that damn ankle the whole game, then he hit that shot and started jumping around like nothing was wrong, I was like "LIAR!"

And LOL at Bird's reaction.

Classic moments.
I forgot about that damn play. Miller was THE beeyatch of all NBA beyaatches with all his runnin around, holding and grabbing players to get "open".
Funny is how a friend of mine, who I didn't even meet til well after Jordan retired, is a BIG Reggie Miller fan but hated Jordan. The way we argue, at times, about things, mostly sports related, we would have probably have come to blows, if we were friends during that era. Lol.

# 62 Fiasco West @ 07/22/10 09:31 PM
Please put the clutch city teams in this. It's the only way we'll ever get close to a Rockets-Bulls finals any ways.

# 63 marq @ 07/22/10 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
Im curious if the classic teams will be usable online...
Should be. I am assuming they could be used like any other team though it doesn't specifically say online. The Insight:

Quote:
Like current teams, you will get the opportunity to play all of these teams in Quick Game, Association, Playoffs, and Season mode.

# 64 rangerrick012 @ 07/22/10 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I forgot about that damn play. Miller was THE beeyatch of all NBA beyaatches with all his runnin around, holding and grabbing players to get "open".
Funny is how a friend of mine, who I didn't even meet til well after Jordan retired, is a BIG Reggie Miller fan but hated Jordan. The way we argue, at times, about things, mostly sports related, we would have probably have come to blows, if we were friends during that era. Lol.
Don't worry - Reggie got his in the end w/ that block by Tayshaun Prince in 03(?). It evens out.

Much respect for Reggie but hated him during that series.

# 65 jd@os @ 07/22/10 09:38 PM
I gotta vent...

#2: Heed other people's warnings guys: quit talking about NBA Elite or you'll get this thread closed. I mean how hard is it? Just don't bring Elite up. Easy

#1: These are JORDAN moments here. Quit complaining about missing teams. Maybe NBA 2K19 will have boney Reggie Miller on the cover, and you can play with him and knock yourself out against Houston and the Suns, or push Jordan, hit a three, and jump around like you just got your first school-yard kiss. And like someone posted, those teams might be unlockable or DLC. But as for now, be happy.

# 66 bearschicago @ 07/22/10 09:49 PM
I just hope it's not super easy dunking with MJ on the entire team... It's way too easy to use turbo and dunk in 2K10. I'm hoping 2K adds mid-air collisions such as a slap of the arm/hand and defense is a top priority(particulary help defense/help the helper/team defense).

With specific historic playbooks, Jordan should play like himself but I hope he won't be cheesy.

# 67 Fiasco West @ 07/22/10 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I gotta vent...

#2: Heed other people's warnings guys: quit talking about NBA Elite or you'll get this thread closed. I mean how hard is it? Just don't bring Elite up. Easy

#1: These are JORDAN moments here. Quit complaining about missing teams. Maybe NBA 2K19 will have boney Reggie Miller on the cover, and you can play with him and knock yourself out against Houston and the Suns, or push Jordan, hit a three, and jump around like you just got your first school-yard kiss. And like someone posted, those teams might be unlockable or DLC. But as for now, be happy.
Alright man, but I know the Devs read these forums...so it's important to say what you want to see in the game instead of just praising it on end.

It's good they are adding classic teams, so of course once they did do that people are going to ask "Where is X?" and while they may be unlockable we really don't know that. It's harmless to ask on a forum "Where is the 2x Championship Rockets?"

# 68 rangerrick012 @ 07/22/10 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Weird that they didn't mention Magic:

I would assume that Magic is like the first name that would be mentioned (as he's in the 1991 Lakers, his last season before the first retirement). But it may be just a random little list.
Magic is in 2K10, I don't see why he won't be in 2K11.

# 69 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Magic is in 2K10, I don't see why he won't be in 2K11.
Righto, though sometimes there's been legends in one year, then gone the next. However, I believe I read that all starters for the retro clubs are accounted for so we should be all set in that regard.

# 70 Mintsa @ 07/23/10 12:13 AM
Honestly.....how the expansion 95/96 Raptors did not make the list is beyond me. They beat the Bulls during there historic 72 win season !!

This is a travesty.......

Just kidding.....LOL.

But all this classic team info is amazing !!!! Hopefully we can roll with classic teams online.

Great work guys !

# 71 kurt2134 @ 07/23/10 12:42 AM
I'm excited to see what kind of signature stuff they'll ad for the new players. Especially Jordan. I hope he mo-capped his own shot

# 72 VDusen04 @ 07/23/10 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Honestly.....how the expansion 95/96 Raptors did not make the list is beyond me. They beat the Bulls during there historic 72 win season !!

This is a travesty.......

Just kidding.....LOL.

But all this classic team info is amazing !!!! Hopefully we can roll with classic teams online.

Great work guys !
Good grief, listen to Oliver Miller at the 4:48 mark. What a dork.

I started feeling bad for Alvin Robertson after a while there. He was playing MJ about as tight as anyone possibly could.

And I always did kind of like your little triangle wood design you used to have in your team's first few years.

# 73 jr2424 @ 07/23/10 01:25 AM
I can't believe they're recreating some of the arenas. That and the audio will be really interesting. That's one thing 2k does really well -- the little things. Yes, they don't get every accessory down pat like most on here like, but when you compare to most sports games, they are very good with the details. To think about adding the audio from back in the day? Awesome.

# 74 torogo @ 07/23/10 01:40 AM
Why do they have the 89-90 Cavs? That team barely made the playoffs. The 88-89 and 91-92 versions went 57-25.

# 75 RustyBlue @ 07/23/10 01:51 AM
They should have him scoring 43 pts against my Nets at age 40 on there so they can have the Wizards version of Jordan.

# 76 DustinT @ 07/23/10 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
The Sonics!!
GP to the Reign Man is all I will be doing. I hope they have the jerseys from a couple years ago as well.

This game already gets a 10 in my book.

# 77 bearschicago @ 07/23/10 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
I can't believe they're recreating some of the arenas. That and the audio will be really interesting. That's one thing 2k does really well -- the little things. Yes, they don't get every accessory down pat like most on here like, but when you compare to most sports games, they are very good with the details. To think about adding the audio from back in the day? Awesome.
Oh yeah! If only the 97-98 Pacers were included.

Tell me you guys don't like those defense chants!

# 78 MarvellousOne @ 07/23/10 02:24 AM
We get to play as Shawn Kemp in his better years! I'm loving that.

# 79 ZB9 @ 07/23/10 02:46 AM
anyone know if the classic teams will be usable in online ranked games

# 80 Raven Nation42 @ 07/23/10 02:56 AM
The list of historic teams is truly impressive and the option to play now ..sweet. I also would like to see the Phoenix Suns added to this list as they did play the Bulls in the Finals and being able to play as Barkley would be sweet as well. Heck they should also add the Sixer club that Barkley played on with Hershey Hawkins, R Anderson and the Orlando club with a young Shaq / Penny Hardaway/ Nick Anderson & 3D!!! Dennis Scott. But this could be added later using DLC or an unlockable item using codes. Truly looking forward to playing this game

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.